Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:05 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:17 am
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:23 pm
Just back from the game

Anyone Suggesting the manager is making a mistake constantly ignoring Nketiah, ESR or Nelson must be on crack.

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Useless players who belong in the championship.

Can we stop the divvy stuff now and get behind the manager
ESR played about 20 minutes football in 2024 before last night yet was involved in both goals and given the man of the match award.
Bar Partey the players who came in stood out a mile and the senior pros had to work overtime. I’m glad Emile had a couple of moments of energy but honestly that was a duff Luton side and the performance was pretty dire.
If ever there was proof that you are a WUM.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:42 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Just back from the game

Anyone Suggesting the manager is making a mistake constantly ignoring Nketiah, ESR or Nelson must be on crack.

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

ESR played about 20 minutes football in 2024 before last night yet was involved in both goals and given the man of the match award.
Bar Partey the players who came in stood out a mile and the senior pros had to work overtime. I’m glad Emile had a couple of moments of energy but honestly that was a duff Luton side and the performance was pretty dire.
Why ? I think Partey is physically washed for some reason but he can pass the ball well. I didn’t see much from anyone else if I’m honest. Nelson really could have handed his full back a deck chair on what should have been a huge game for him. Zinchenko fundamentally dissapointing

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Came on here with an agenda...as highlighted above does not take posters different views on Arteta...

To summarise.....Its a forum...if you think he a clueless wanker anyone can say so

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:37 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Came on here with an agenda...as highlighted above does not take posters different views on Arteta...

To summarise.....Its a forum...if you think he a clueless wanker anyone can say so
I have no agenda. I agree with many posters views here. Especially on the later wenger era. Some very decent posts on that subject last few days.

To label someone a windup merchant because they said they didn’t think Partey was too bad is ridiculous. I think people slagging off an Arsenal manager top of the league on an Arsenal forum is a little unusual but hey ho each to their own whatever floats your boat.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:46 am
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:37 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I have no agenda. I agree with many posters views here. Especially on the later wenger era. Some very decent posts on that subject last few days.

To label someone a windup merchant because they said they didn’t think Partey was too bad is ridiculous. I think people slagging off an Arsenal manager top of the league on an Arsenal forum is a little unusual but hey ho each to their own whatever floats your boat.

Again...dont see a host of posters slagging off Arteta on here at present....but if they see a criticism should be able to raise it...
keeping some of the dross in the squad such as nekitah when we was offered good money for him is one for a start

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Personally I miss the galactico WUMs we had back in the day :D

The days of Red Member, Babatunde, US Marty, Highbury JD The Superfan, Monostich and more recently Wenger's Hat all made this a fun place to be :D :D :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:21 am

The days of Red Member, Babatunde, US Marty, Highbury JD The Superfan, Monostich and more recently Wenger's Hat all made this a fun place to be :D :D :D
Ah memories :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Siiiggghhh! Oh! Boy Those Were The Days Indeed ... Never a Dull Moment... Not a single agreement in sight! And let's not forget US Martin :D :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:45 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Ah memories :lol:
You miss those little insights into everything French football don't you pal :D

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

He had the most knowledgeable cousin in France when it came to footballers no one had ever heard of but were all useless

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

I particularly loved Baba :lol: Spunkbubble :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:41 am
I particularly loved Baba :lol: Spunkbubble :D :barscarf: :barscarf:
He was the only rival you had when it came to the vocabulary of insults! You've got a free path these days mate :D :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Reading material for any rehab questioning smith-rowe after last night -

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/footba ... e762&ei=26

Yes he might well have been blowing out of his arse in the second half, but how can any player be expected to be match fit when used as little as he is this season ? Played in the right position, with significant regular game time, then absolutely smith-rowe can make a big contribution for AFC, but used as sparingly as he is by the cone boy, I fear that if he ever hits his expected heights then he will do so playing for another club :cry:

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 pm

Yes he might well have been blowing out of his arse in the second half, but how can any player be expected to be match fit when used as little as he is this season ? Played in the right position, with significant regular game time, then absolutely smith-rowe can make a big contribution for AFC, but used as sparingly as he is by the cone boy, I fear that if he ever hits his expected heights then he will do so playing for another club :cry:
I rated him so highly when he came on the scene with Martinelli. Imo, he needs to get real game time or he needs to leave. This is all so Wenger-esque, this business of hanging on to players who you don't play but don't want them to leave in case they go on to make it big elsewhere. I think he can be a really good player, if I was him, I would leave.
If he got the chances Havertz gets, he would be twice the player Havertz is.

augie

Post by augie »

Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:29 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 pm

I rated him so highly when he came on the scene with Martinelli. Imo, he needs to get real game time or he needs to leave. This is all so Wenger-esque, this business of hanging on to players who you don't play but don't want them to leave in case they go on to make it big elsewhere. I think he can be a really good player, if I was him, I would leave.
If he got the chances Havertz gets, he would be twice the player Havertz is.

Absolutely agree - I see people on here bash him and question his fitness and weight, but how the fcuk does a player get match fit if they not getting enough game time ?? It has to be so disheartening for any player when they look at players who are not as good as them but getting more game time - these guys are not robots and will get the same feelings of rejection that a fan would get if they were being screwed over in their job too