Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:41 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:29 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 pm
Reading material for any rehab questioning smith-rowe after last night -

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/footba ... e762&ei=26

Yes he might well have been blowing out of his arse in the second half, but how can any player be expected to be match fit when used as little as he is this season ? Played in the right position, with significant regular game time, then absolutely smith-rowe can make a big contribution for AFC, but used as sparingly as he is by the cone boy, I fear that if he ever hits his expected heights then he will do so playing for another club :cry:
I rated him so highly when he came on the scene with Martinelli. Imo, he needs to get real game time or he needs to leave. This is all so Wenger-esque, this business of hanging on to players who you don't play but don't want them to leave in case they go on to make it big elsewhere. I think he can be a really good player, if I was him, I would leave.
If he got the chances Havertz gets, he would be twice the player Havertz is.

Absolutely agree - I see people on here bash him and question his fitness and weight, but how the fcuk does a player get match fit if they not getting enough game time ?? It has to be so disheartening for any player when they look at players who are not as good as them but getting more game time - these guys are not robots and will get the same feelings of rejection that a fan would get if they were being screwed over in their job too
We should just do the fair thing and sell the lad in the Summer. Being young and English his value will still be decent. Villa were interested him in for ages. Ramsdale will go too. If get less than £70m for the pair then we'd have fucked up massively

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:21 am
Personally I miss the galactico WUMs we had back in the day :D

The days of Red Member, Babatunde, US Marty, Highbury JD The Superfan, Monostich and more recently Wenger's Hat all made this a fun place to be :D :D :D
Was Red Member the one who was overly optimistic about everything - even during the depths of Wenger’s worst period in charge?

Blimey can’t even begin to imagine how excited he must be with the current squad! :shock: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:46 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:21 am
Personally I miss the galactico WUMs we had back in the day :D

The days of Red Member, Babatunde, US Marty, Highbury JD The Superfan, Monostich and more recently Wenger's Hat all made this a fun place to be :D :D :D
Was Red Member the one who was overly optimistic about everything - even during the depths of Wenger’s worst period in charge?

Blimey can’t even begin to imagine how excited he must be with the current squad! :shock: :lol:
He was indeed my friend - amongst his gems were telling us all after the 8-2 drubbing what an "excellent" defender Djourou was, how he thought Theo was underpaid on 100k a week all those years ago, how he wanted Almunia back in goal, and then DB10 banned him when he said Denilson should be back in the team as captain :D Happy days :barscarf: I think Song was another favourite of his too

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:13 am
So these are the player ratings from the gooner website

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/v ... luton-town

Now I don’t want to be harsh on the author, could be on some potent horse tranquilliser or could be special needs etc……but you’ll always hear the gooner editor going on about the quality of the writing…..and then there’s this……, nuff said.
For me nobody rated higher than a 7, most of the team would have been a 6, we played well within our capabilities and thankfully were never really troubled by a impotent Luton team ( who strangely had the longest scoring streak in the premier league till last night )

I get it was boring and not a great game, but I will settle for the 3 points wrapped up before half time and just see the game out for the next 8 matches if needs be 🏆 🔴⚪️🔴⚪️

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:41 pm
Reno Gooner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:29 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:18 pm
Reading material for any rehab questioning smith-rowe after last night -

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/footba ... e762&ei=26

Yes he might well have been blowing out of his arse in the second half, but how can any player be expected to be match fit when used as little as he is this season ? Played in the right position, with significant regular game time, then absolutely smith-rowe can make a big contribution for AFC, but used as sparingly as he is by the cone boy, I fear that if he ever hits his expected heights then he will do so playing for another club :cry:
I rated him so highly when he came on the scene with Martinelli. Imo, he needs to get real game time or he needs to leave. This is all so Wenger-esque, this business of hanging on to players who you don't play but don't want them to leave in case they go on to make it big elsewhere. I think he can be a really good player, if I was him, I would leave.
If he got the chances Havertz gets, he would be twice the player Havertz is.

Absolutely agree - I see people on here bash him and question his fitness and weight, but how the fcuk does a player get match fit if they not getting enough game time ?? It has to be so disheartening for any player when they look at players who are not as good as them but getting more game time - these guys are not robots and will get the same feelings of rejection that a fan would get if they were being screwed over in their job too

It’s well documented on here that I’ve been saying ESR should leave for comfortably 2 years. I had him ahead of Saka when they both came through, but even when he had that cracking start to the season, being our top scorer after something like 12 or 15 games, he was still never fully guaranteed a start and was always one to be hauled off, despite how well he was playing. Once he got injured that season, he never found his way back in and hasn’t to this day.

It was always clear to me that Arteta didn’t fancy him and as that surely couldn’t have been for footballing reasons, I can only think it’s a personal issue. I’ve said before, as Reno says above, that Wenger was too much of a coward to let players leave, even though he wouldn’t play them. He was afraid they’d blossom elsewhere and he’d look the clown he was. I can’t shrug the feeling that Arteta is doing the same with ESR. He’s not a kid anymore and it’s already a bit late, but if he doesn’t leave in the summer, then his career is fucked.

It ought to be obvious to him that if he’s been behind Xhaka and now Havertz and also behind Vieira, then he isn’t exactly rated highly by the manager. As that MSN article says, he ought to be in the team well ahead of the German dud.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:23 pm
Just back from the game

Anyone Suggesting the manager is making a mistake constantly ignoring Nketiah, ESR or Nelson must be on crack.

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Useless players who belong in the championship.

Can we stop the divvy stuff now and get behind the manager

:lol: :lol:
Can you find me some examples of anyone on here saying that Arteta shouldn’t be ignoring Nketiah or Nelson, because I don’t recall seeing any?

ESR, yep plenty, me included, but you’re wumming with the other two.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:35 pm
Just back from the game

Anyone Suggesting the manager is making a mistake constantly ignoring Nketiah, ESR or Nelson must be on crack.

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Can you find me some examples of anyone on here saying that Arteta shouldn’t be ignoring Nketiah or Nelson, because I don’t recall seeing any?

Hey retro how are you?

I wasn’t referring to anyone here but generally people moaning about Arteta not subbing saka when we have leads and stuff. I had a few in the coronet as well if that explains the post a bit better

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:25 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Hey retro how are you?

I wasn’t referring to anyone here but generally people moaning about Arteta not subbing saka when we have leads and stuff. I had a few in the coronet as well if that explains the post a bit better

Ah good, because it rather seemed that you were claiming that some on here were holding a torch for Nketiah and Nelson. Not that you'd make a dishonest claim of course.

If I were you Viv, I'd lay off the booze, because it seems to have quite an impact on the posts you make on here. Well, I hope it's always the booze anyway.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Nothing wrong posting when you've had a few sherbets in you 8)

Viv Andersons Tache

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:35 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Hey retro how are you?

Ah good, because it rather seemed that you were claiming that some on here were holding a torch for Nketiah and Nelson. Not that you'd make a dishonest claim of course.

If I were you Viv, I'd lay off the booze, because it seems to have quite an impact on the posts you make on here. Well, I hope it's always the booze anyway.
God no. Nketiah and Nelson dear gawd

Nah I’m only an occasional drinker. Don’t touch the other stuff either unlike all of our away fans who are addicted to cocaine and it’s stopping them chanting bad stuff about the manager apparently according to some on here

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:56 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Hey retro how are you?

Nah I’m only an occasional drinker. Don’t touch the other stuff either unlike all of our away fans who are addicted to cocaine and it’s stopping them chanting bad stuff about the manager apparently according to some on here

:lol: Yeah alright Viv, some on here think our away fans are all coke heads and therefore don't indulge in anti Arteta chants, is that what's been said?? :lol: I must have missed those posts.

Tell you what Viv, don't call us, we'll call you.

Viv Andersons Tache

Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:20 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Hey retro how are you?

:lol: Yeah alright Viv, some on here think our away fans are all coke heads and therefore don't indulge in anti Arteta chants, is that what's been said?? :lol: I must have missed those posts.

Nah not Arteta it was Arsene.

Basically the suggestion was that because our away fans were all fighting a deep rooted underlining addiction to cocaine they ignored a decade of wenger messing everything up. Might be true but I haven’t seen much drug paraphernalia or behaviour at our away games

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:26 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:20 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:

Hey retro how are you?

Nah not Arteta it was Arsene.

Basically the suggestion was that because our away fans were all fighting a deep rooted underlining addiction to cocaine they ignored a decade of wenger messing everything up. Might be true but I haven’t seen much drug paraphernalia or behaviour at our away games

Oh, you've changed the conversation from Arteta to Wenger. Ok Viv. :lol:

I've got to say, I don't recall anyone on here blaming a coke addiction for the fans refusing to get on Wenger's back. Also, it was actually the away supporters that were most vocal with the Wenger out sentiment. It was the crowd in Ashburton that largely sat on their hands and said nothing, although there were exceptions.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Defo been mentioned Retro. A lot of the away support more interested in having a good time then caring wtf they were watching. They were the very last to hold wenger to account had they turned we may not have been in as terrible position as we found.

Coke has been mentioned as endemic behaviour at football a few years ago. Think that's the link.

herbert

Post by herbert »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:38 pm
Defo been mentioned Retro. A lot of the away support more interested in having a good time then caring wtf they were watching. They were the very last to hold wenger to account had they turned we may not have been in as terrible position as we found.

Coke has been mentioned as endemic behaviour at football a few years ago. Think that's the link.
I don't know your experiences of following a football team away from home? It's an addiction in itself, so we all agreed to leave it up to the sane home support and internet warriors to get the job done but unfortunately it rained and only a few of those who cared so much turned up