Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

Post by robbo10 »

Raya has had more touches than most of our forward players,

Boring as fuck

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Come ON Villa FFS!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Job done. :barscarf:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Fuck me, that was tedious. Some of our second string are fucking poor.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That's what we needed to do. Three points is all that matters from now on in.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Nobody expects the stiffs to come in and play like the Harlem globetrotters but the drop off was absolutely frightening.

That was an appalling performance, we had zero control over that second half and were all over the place, constantly giving away possession, couldn’t string 2 passes together and looked completely disjointed.

With the insane run of fixtures we have coming up and no doubt we’re going to lose players to injury and the thought of having to lean on any of the back ups is is a sobering one.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Job jobbed.

As nice as it would be to batter all the crap easy 2 0s with resting players is more than fine.

Save the better performances for when needed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:29 pm
Nobody expects the stiffs to come in and play like the Harlem globetrotters but the drop off was absolutely frightening.

That was an appalling performance, we had zero control over that second half and were all over the place, constantly giving away possession, couldn’t string 2 passes together and looked completely disjointed.

With the insane run of fixtures we have coming up and no doubt we’re going to lose players to injury and the thought of having to lean on any of the back ups is is a sobering one.
I said here recently we are literally one maybe two injuries away from disaster. Our squad is paper thin for quality.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

That’ll do.

Wasn’t expecting a clean sheet today, as Luton are tricky, so very pleased with that.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

I think Nightmarish would be3 a better word than sobering mate... I only caught the 2nd half but Jesus H We were AWFUL.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Decent 3 points and some players rested a little.
Brighton only drawing so far with Brentford tonight, we should win there if Saka and Martinelli start.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Not the most exciting of games but another win and another clean sheet. Achieved after resting several players as well.

28 points from the last 30, with the only dropped points away to city. Not too shabby! :barscarf:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:30 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I said here recently we are literally one maybe two injuries away from disaster. Our squad is paper thin for quality.
It’s frightening just how much of a contrast our first and second choice is in quality. If we’re to push for either the PL or CL to the end, legitimately, then we need to avoid injuries.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:59 pm
Time for the feather to fly...... :oops:

I would prefer the term Drift.. as in Wander any fucking where the Wind Blows you... :D

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

City 3-1 game over