Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:29 pm
Nobody expects the stiffs to come in and play like the Harlem globetrotters but the drop off was absolutely frightening.

That was an appalling performance, we had zero control over that second half and were all over the place, constantly giving away possession, couldn’t string 2 passes together and looked completely disjointed.

With the insane run of fixtures we have coming up and no doubt we’re going to lose players to injury and the thought of having to lean on any of the back ups is is a sobering one.

I will partially agree and partially disagree on that rodders - for me the worst player on the pitch by a country mile was the german dud who was fcuking diabolical all fcuking night, and he is supposedly first 11 player. Another player who was piss poor tonight was trossard, but he has made a big impact for us this season imo, and I wouldnt want to lump him in as a stiff even though he is probably number 12 or 13 on the list. Zinchenko was first choice for most of this season and would still be first choice had he not got injured - he absolutely should be nowhere near the first 11, but in cone boys head he isnt a stiff either.
Nelson though is a stiff and was woeful, and the feather contributed fcuk all either

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Just back from the game

Anyone Suggesting the manager is making a mistake constantly ignoring Nketiah, ESR or Nelson must be on crack.

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Useless players who belong in the championship.

Can we stop the divvy stuff now and get behind the manager

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Yet ESR 's tackle created the first goal and then his cross gave us the second . For a player not match fit because he isn't playing regularly he is mighty ineffective ?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Thought it was a poor performance myself,Zinchenko was dog shit,constantly gave the ball away,we were slow and ponderous, too pedestrian, thought Odegaard did well,luton had absolutely no threat whatsoever, Eddie came on and tbh they could have called me out of the crowd to tog out and I couldn't be any worse.Raya had fuck all to do and tbh bar the 2 goals,the Luton keeper had fuck all to do as well.A wins a win but overall I wasn't impressed, so there's some drop off if we don't have our 1st choice 11, it was a chance to build up some GD and we didn't take it.

Anyway time for my bed,had a nice few pints,ended up in a pub called the blackstock, I think normally pubs in or around the stadium you need to show your match ticket to get in (I can be corrected of course),my cousin had the match tickets on his phone he basically buzzed us in to the ground, and should have got us into the Blackstock using the same tickets, but myself and my uncle got there b4 him,landlady of the pub was on the door and knew my uncle so we were ushered straight in ,and after her partner/husband threw up 4 whiskies for us,unfortunately I don't drink shorts (due to being a dangerous man earlier in my drinking career)

My last night/evening game watching us was back in 91,we beat man city I think, NB was closed, mural was up,niall quinn playing for them and if I remember correctly, the Prodigy were on the pitch at HT.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:23 pm
Just back from the game

Anyone Suggesting the manager is making a mistake constantly ignoring Nketiah, ESR or Nelson must be on crack.

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

ESR played about 20 minutes football in 2024 before last night yet was involved in both goals and given the man of the match award.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

So these are the player ratings from the gooner website

https://www.onlinegooner.com/articles/v ... luton-town

Now I don’t want to be harsh on the author, could be on some potent horse tranquilliser or could be special needs etc……but you’ll always hear the gooner editor going on about the quality of the writing…..and then there’s this……, nuff said.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

Now I don’t want to be harsh on the author, could be on some potent horse tranquilliser or could be special needs etc……but you’ll always hear the gooner editor going on about the quality of the writing…..and then there’s this……, nuff said.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:17 am
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

ESR played about 20 minutes football in 2024 before last night yet was involved in both goals and given the man of the match award.

Why do people try to rationalise with this retard ? A gibbering monkey would talk more sense :roll: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Why do people try to rationalise with this retard ? A gibbering monkey would talk more sense :roll: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:13 am

We were outstanding :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

xgtdec wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:13 am

We were outstanding :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Just back from the game

Chasing the dragon

Mainlining or whatever

Bar Partey the players who came in stood out a mile and the senior pros had to work overtime. I’m glad Emile had a couple of moments of energy but honestly that was a duff Luton side and the performance was pretty dire.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We completely outplayed them up until the point it was 2-0 and then the deckchairs came out. The boys who came in were bang average and rusty - to be expected in the case of ESR and Nelson who barely start a match from one month to the next, and Partey who just hasn't been match fit since anyone can remember. I wouldn't worry about it too much - delighted that we managed to keep the likes of Rice and Martinelli fresh for what will be a significantly harder test at the weekend

Job done - no frills, low excitement, no drama, no injuries.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:15 am
We completely outplayed them up until the point it was 2-0 and then the deckchairs came out. The boys who came in were bang average and rusty - to be expected in the case of ESR and Nelson who barely start a match from one month to the next, and Partey who just hasn't been match fit since anyone can remember. I wouldn't worry about it too much - delighted that we managed to keep the likes of Rice and Martinelli fresh for what will be a significantly harder test at the weekend

almost back to the boring (but trophy winning) days of 1-0 to the Arsenal.

but the class of 24 got two - impressive :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:24 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:15 am

almost back to the boring (but trophy winning) days of 1-0 to the Arsenal.

but the class of 24 got two - impressive :barscarf:
Yeah I think thats fair comment mate. What I would say about yesterday is that despite how dull the second half was, I never felt like Luton were getting seriously back into it.....where as in past season's the stadium would have been in panic mode, they'd have scored a soft goal and we'd be clinging on for dear life, shitting our pants every time the ball was thrown into the box. Luton are a big physical side, even with their injuries, and they've scored in 18 consecutive games for a reason. We snuffed it all out - does anyone remember Raya actually really having to test himself much? Like the old Arsenal as you say - personally I'll take a few more 'dull as fuck' second halves where we've wrapped the points up by half time!