Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after today's hard fought point it's Luton at ours.They were a tough nut to crack at theirs and I would expect similar again.

mcdowell42

Re: Luton Labia lips H Weds 3rd April KO 730pm

Post by mcdowell42 »

Over for this game,my 1 and only pilgrimage this season, looking forward to it

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I'm expecting a team half full of stiffs for this one.
Tomi at RB, usual two at CB, Slugchenko at LB, Martinelli if fit on the left, Partey and Jorginho CM, Trossard right side, ESR and the feather through the middle.

He has to mix things up with the amount of games we have this month.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Potential banana skin but it’s a must win.

Think it will be scrappy - hoping for a 1-0

Thynker

Post by Thynker »

No excuses. Should be a nailed on win. Could go back top of the league.

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

Today was awful...in footballing terms... Hopefully we get back to playing like we have been. IMO we probably need to win almost every game, if we start stuttering like we did last season, it's over. Cannot start the bench against this lot either or we'll end up chasing the game. We need to make a statement, the thought of the scousers winning the title is unbearable.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:28 pm
Tomi at RB, usual two at CB, Slugchenko at LB, Martinelli if fit on the left, Partey and Jorginho CM, Trossard right side, ESR and the feather through the middle.

I would be shocked if he changed it this much. No way will we see ESR. Think you will see Tommy, Zinchenko and Partey all start though.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:42 am
TeeCee wrote:

I would be shocked if he changed it this much. No way will we see ESR. Think you will see Tommy, Zinchenko and Partey all start though.
I would rather we continue with inverting White on the rhs who combines well with Saka and Odegaard rather than Zinchenko come in and just disrupt what had been working well as he doesn’t really link up with anyone particularly.
One or two rested is fine, but we can’t afford to think this game is going to be an easy ride - Luton have caused many of the top clubs big problems including us at their place.

Saka, Martinelli, Trossard and Jesus all have their merits, none are 100% right now so all potentially play their part, maybe even Nketieh gets some minutes towards the end, seems like months since he has even stepped onto the pitch

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

These cun.ts will try and get "Physical" so we need to do what we do best, play our fast, attacking, precise passing game and destroy the fuckers... and hope we have no injuries.

Don't expect Saka or Martinelli to play; apparently Martinelli played with his stitches still in and had pain killer jab.

Could be an opportunity for ESR to shine... if zinchenko, the feather and the cocktail stick play; which they may well do... we could struggle. :?

Every Prem Game is now a 'Final'.

so #COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:56 am
Viv Andersons Tache wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:42 am
TeeCee wrote:

I would rather we continue with inverting White on the rhs who combines well with Saka and Odegaard rather than Zinchenko come in and just disrupt what had been working well as he doesn’t really link up with anyone particularly.
One or two rested is fine, but we can’t afford to think this game is going to be an easy ride - Luton have caused many of the top clubs big problems including us at their place.

Saka, Martinelli, Trossard and Jesus all have their merits, none are 100% right now so all potentially play their part, maybe even Nketieh gets some minutes towards the end, seems like months since he has even stepped onto the pitch
These lot will be fighting for their lives...always seem to get these relegation threatened teams getting shock results when they are staring at relegation and presumably a drop in pay....

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Can’t take liberties and rest too many players against this lot. After a hard earned point yesterday, we need to get back to making a statement win. As others have said, this mob are fighting for everything and making life difficult for everyone they play. An error to take them lightly.

Maybe bench one of Saka or Martinelli and give Trossard a start and maybe rest a full back, but don’t touch the centre halves and although Rice might need a rest, I’d be very nervous with Partey and Jorginho in midfield.

Get 2 or 3 in front, than make changes. Given the situation with Liverpool ahead of us and City just behind, we can’t slip up.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Given that Liverpool will destroy Sheffield on Thurs, we can't be dropping any points here. TBH We can't afford to drop any points rest of season but we'll have to see what happens.

C'mon Arsenal!!

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

I’ve only just noticed it’s a 7.30 kick off ?

Why ?

Our are normally 7.45 or 8pm if on the telly box 📺

Midz

Post by Midz »

I've gotta be up for work the next morning and asked if they'd mind starting a bit earlier. Hope it doesn't interfere with your arrangements, Stuart.

:D :D :D

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Midz wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:03 pm
I've gotta be up for work the next morning and asked if they'd mind starting a bit earlier. Hope it doesn't interfere with your arrangements, Stuart.

:D :D :D
As long as it’s for a good cause :barscarf: