Brighton bumholes A Sat April 6th KO 530pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Brighton bumholes A Sat April 6th KO 530pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up after tonight's win and clean sheet it's Brighton at theirs.Theyll be a tough nut to crack as they always are.

SteveO 35

Re: Brighton bumholes A Sat April 6th KO 530pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

What a strange side they are? They can go from Brazil to Bradford in the space of a week - losing 4-0 to Luton FFS, but capable of turning up anywhere and giving them a very difficult test (as we've found out to our peril in recent seasons and Liverpool nearly did last weekend).

Honestly don't know. Looking at their recent results they've managed the grand total of 4 goals in their last 8 games - a run which has seen them play Brentford, Forest, Fulham and Wolves, so it would seem they are struggling for goals which obviously we hope will continue this weekend. The one they scored at Anfield was a bit of a worldie in the opening minute, so it seems like they are stuck in the rut of pretty football with lots of possession but not many goals....hey Arsene is that you in the De Zerbi mask?

Will be tough but I think we will nick it 1-0 and accept they have lots of the ball at certain times

augie

Post by augie »

This is the game that I marked down as the potential banana skin in our run in - it is well accepted that there is bad blood between these teams in recent years, and as steve o says, they are a team capable of turning any team over on their day. Personally I blame the media darling (de zerbi) for their woefully inconsistent form this season - he is rotating far too much, and the best young players they have dont seem to be progressing under him (ferguson for starters).

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:22 pm
This is the game that I marked down as the potential banana skin in our run in - it is well accepted that there is bad blood between these teams in recent years, and as steve o says, they are a team capable of turning any team over on their day. Personally I blame the media darling (de zerbi) for their woefully inconsistent form this season - he is rotating far too much, and the best young players they have dont seem to be progressing under him (ferguson for starters).
In fairness to them I just read that they made some sort of record profit that a PL team has ever made - well over £100m, and that is apparently even before the profits from the poor man's Declan Rice that they swindled the Chavs with ! A bit like happened to Southampton eventually you can't keep selling your best players year after year without it coming back to haunt you one day, and they had Welbeck and Lallana on the field at Anfield which shows the drop off in levels. Dunk does a decent old pro's job for them but as seen at Wembley for Ingerlund when facing decent oppo in Belgium, he's a bit of an old plodder really. I'm hoping it isn't the banana skin it once was but they certainly did enough at Anfield to suggest that there will be tricky periods of play where we don't have the ball for fairly lengthy spells. I went to the home game and was surprised how easily we took them apart - certainly the easiest game we've had against them since they came up

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

That was such a strange performance from them at ours, we played them off the park, they were completely dominated in every aspect. Yet they are capable of really good performances. I think it's going to be tough, could be the make or break game of the season.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yeah! We Need to get a Win on this one with our restored and best Line-Up if we are to Turn Up and Fuck-Up the Scum the following week.

Brighton play some decent football, but have been a tad Hit n Miss since January, I think it may depend on who is available for them / injuries etc.

Just hope the Changes made for the luton game don't disrupt the momentum and rhythm of the First Team.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Pre-Game Presser with Arteta: 13 Minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTz0HK2Mz6Y

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Feels like an important one this! Kind of game we would fuck up before!

Must admit with this new solid defence of ours I do feel a lot more confident in these games , as long as our attackers can do the job and get a goal or 2 I feel we can now manage games and block teams out as we proved at city!

COYG , let’s get back top of the league and put the pressure on the scouse filth and hopefully the mancs can replicate their performance against them last time at old Trafford in the cup!

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

0-2
Providing the are no major surprises with injuries for us, we should win this
Stadiums are empty.......... :D

Midz

Post by Midz »

You never know how Brighton are going to perform, they're so unpredictable, but hopefully we'll be able to beat them.
Wishing the worst of luck to Cheaty & Liverpool this weekend.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

If our defence perform as last week...we wil take this one.....1-0 to the mighty rip roaring reds :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

This has danger written all over it and I’m really worried there could be a sting in the tale here.

Tough place to go, they’ve only lost once there all season. Hopefully we get it over the line but my arse is already chewing on my undies thinking about this one :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Keep The Faith Rodders... I've Got A Good feeling About This One....

Arsenal winners by at least 2 or 3 Goals... Don't know why?

Just a "Feeling" :D

#COYG

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:22 pm

#COYG

I hope you’re right amigo.

It’s just when I see the other 2 shit housing it has me on edge. We’ll probably dominate this for the 90 and end up losing 1 nil.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:05 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:22 pm

#COYG

I hope you’re right amigo.

It’s just when I see the other 2 shit housing it has me on edge. We’ll probably dominate this for the 90 and end up losing 1 nil.
I know what you mean about the ScouseFilth and Cheaty, BUT we are definitely In The Mix mate... so "Keep The Faith" :barscarf: