Villa vaginas H Sun 14th April KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 14th April KO 430pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

selsdon wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:16 pm
Come on guys, think of the bigger picture

So long as we keep taking the knee that's all that really matters

My white guilt knows no bounds
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xgtdec wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:12 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:03 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:47 pm
Gotta go put the PS5 on and calm down by shooting a load of stuff. If it was yesterday I'd have put a couple dozen rounds downwind at my gun club. :box:
I replayed Ghost of Tsushima.

What a game
More of a red dead man myself, definitely some hookers in a saloon taking bullets this evening 😂
Absolutely love both games. 8)

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Got exactly what we deserved. Haven't read the thread since kick off, but said just beforehand that Arteta woud cost us by playing his favourites as soon as they are fit. Jesus, Havertz and fucking Zinchenko. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How the fuck did he leave Zinchenko on for he full game?? He should have been hooked after 30 minutes, but no, leave him on and let him put the defence in all manner of trouble in the second half. As for Jesus and Havertz, this match showed us exactly how you pay for not having a top quality striker in the side and those two are not even second rate.

We had that great run of putting 4, 5 and 6 past teams, so why the fuck not stick with that line up and game plan? But no. as soon as the favourites are fit, out go Martinelli, Kiwior and Jorginho (I'm not a huge fan of the latter, but at least it allows Rice to operate further forward), so that Cone Boy can accomodate the 3 favourites. Well, look where it got us.

Might as well give the title to City now. They're supposed to be the side we're trying to compete with, but we're buying Jesus and Zinchenko, the cast-offs who weren't good enough keep their place there. Says it all.

Liverpool lose at home and a win puts us top and that's where the top teams step up and get the right result. We, however, implode as usual and few on here will be surprised.

Where are the Arteta fan boys now?? He fucked up massively when it mattered and Unai taught him a fucking lesson.

I haven't mentioned this for quite a while, but more evidence that Cone Boy sold the best keeper we had at the club.

I'm fucking furious.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:17 pm
Got exactly what we deserved. Haven't read the thread since kick off, but said just beforehand that Arteta woud cost us by playing his favourites as soon as they are fit. Jesus, Havertz and fucking Zinchenko. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How the fuck did he leave Zinchenko on for he full game?? He should have been hooked after 30 minutes, but no, leave him on and let him put the defence in all manner of trouble in the second half. As for Jesus and Havertz, this match showed us exactly how you pay for not having a top quality striker in the side and those two are not even second rate.

We had that great run of putting 4, 5 and 6 past teams, so why the fuck not stick with that line up and game plan? But no. as soon as the favourites are fit, out go Martinelli, Kiwior and Jorginho (I'm not a huge fan of the latter, but at least it allows Rice to operate further forward), so that Cone Boy can accomodate the 3 favourites. Well, look where it got us.

Might as well give the title to City now. They're supposed to be the side we're trying to compete with, but we're buying Jesus and Zinchenko, the cast-offs who weren't good enough keep their place there. Says it all.

Liverpool lose at home and a win puts us top and that's where the top teams step up and get the right result. We, however, implode as usual and few on here will be surprised.

Where are the Arteta fan boys now?? He fucked up massively when it mattered and Unai taught him a fucking lesson.

I haven't mentioned this for quite a while, but more evidence that Cone Boy sold the best keeper we had at the club.

I'm fucking furious.
Cant argue with any of that Retro..........

augie

Post by augie »

Absolutely no doubt zinchenko is fcuking useless, but fcuk me ben white is every bit as bad, and his "I dont give a flying fcuk" attitude is fcuking killing me - I didnt want the c.unt subbed today, I wanted someone to put a bullet in the c.unt.

As many of you have already pointed out, the cone boy and his favourite players policy was always going to cost us and so it proved - jesus the non scoring striker, zinchenko the cant defend defender, and havertz who has the pace of a snail, are not good enough and never will be, Odeargod our fearless leader ( :roll: ) has been awol in both of this weeks big games, and oirish deckers was in the same boat as him.

Right now I am just so despondent - I knew all along that we wouldnt win the league so that is no big surprise, but I just feel that we as a club are back where we were 5 years before the senile french cock fcuked off. Half the support recognise that the cone boy isnt an elite manager and never will be, but the other half are totally bought in on him and cant see any wrong in him. We have spent 700m in his reign so far, and I'm wondering how much more money we are going to piss away backing this cone boy

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

This is how it goes.........Arteta - Ok lads, Liverpool have slipped up, now is the time to go out and put some daylight between us and them.

Players looking down, shuffling uncomfortable......until somebody says,......We won't be able to do that, we've never been able to do that!!

Arteta....I know, but it's my job to say it.

This has been going on for over a decade. Just cannot handle pressure. We'll go out of the CL on Tuesday, drop more points in the league until we are mathematically out of the running, then some flat track bullying swagger will return to close out the season.

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat..............................

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Emery is a proven winner Arteta isnt. In fact the only trophy Arteta won was with Emery's team. Arteta has spent nearly £700m

Reno Gooner

Post by Reno Gooner »

You know, I see so much of Wenger in Arteta. He's taken 2 players, Zinchenko and Jesus, who Pep had identified as not good enough. So now Arteta is determined to prove he can make world class players out of them, which would then in his mind, show everyone that he is the better manager. It's not working of course, but like with Havertz he will persevere and persevere because he cannot be wrong.

I said when Jesus came to us that he would not get us 20-25 goals a season we needed from a striker to win a title. If he can't do it at City, he sure as hell isn't going to do it at ours. But what do I know.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:34 pm
the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:29 pm
Smith rowe has quit on every pass he's made, little 5 yard pass, safe, nothing passes. Useless.
Yea blame him on for 15mins..nothing to do with the anointed ones team selection...

Still it's one game. Victims lost at home to place ffs. Can we react is key
Thing is PM we should have / Could have taken Full Advantage of the scousers losing and we failed Miserably.

Wanna see what arteta has to say in his post match interviews.... Someone needs to ask him why the holy fuck he selects the most useless player in the Club ZinCunto to play in such an important game? Unforgivable. End Of.
I'm trying to be mildly positive obg! If the victims can lose at home to Palace it can happen to anyone. We'll maybe not city.

I agree a title winning team would have won 3 nil today after that chance but we are not.

I maintain progress is being very close to the top and a distance clear of 4th. If we bow collapse then I have no confidence in artrta. If we do finish close to top and a distance from 4th then he gets another year.

How we react is key but its cities to lose now.

As for the game seen it now havertz...jeez all the modern football fan boys saying how good he is, a decent striker scores those and we win end of.

the playing mantis

cameron326 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 pm
Well now we know...

Still the same mental fragility

And yes we will miss not having a centre forward. Jesus absolutely pathetic and then you see Nketiah's cameo and you realise his back up is even worse

Game over for another boring season. We will play like 11 strangers wading through treacle in lead boots in Munich, and that's it again. Another boring City win with everyone else not up to it

Thanks Arsene - you created all of this. An empty silent bowl playing host to games like that.

Look forward to rolling Everton over on the last day to close the gap to 9 points
I don’t think it’s the mentality tbh - we just played a great side - almost our equal, and managed by a far better manager than ours. Emery was shit for us because he couldn’t handle the egos, but in the right setting he’s an elite manager. Arteta isn’t.
A great side. Wtf are you smoking!

There decent nothing more, are the scum a great side as well given there on par with them, shithousomg results every week? They are where they are because the league is crap. Similaor story for ourselves but something the akbs simply will not factor in.

We were awful. Not because villa made us look awful. Just looked awful in that 2nd half and let's not start on the left back choice.

the playing mantis

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:24 pm
Every player a disgrace today. Shame on you
Yep, not a single one looked worthy of the shirt this afternoon

We looked leggy, no sprint in us at all

If we had Watkins having the chances Havertz got, we would have been 2/3 up
Spot on. A competent (Watkins is no where near top draw) striker wins it for us there.

the playing mantis

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:41 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 pm
Well now we know...

Still the same mental fragility

And yes we will miss not having a centre forward. Jesus absolutely pathetic and then you see Nketiah's cameo and you realise his back up is even worse

Game over for another boring season. We will play like 11 strangers wading through treacle in lead boots in Munich, and that's it again. Another boring City win with everyone else not up to it

Thanks Arsene - you created all of this. An empty silent bowl playing host to games like that.

Look forward to rolling Everton over on the last day to close the gap to 9 points
I don’t think it’s the mentality tbh - we just played a great side - almost our equal, and managed by a far better manager than ours. Emery was shit for us because he couldn’t handle the egos, but in the right setting he’s an elite manager. Arteta isn’t.
Villa are not a great team. They are a good team on their day. That was not the difference today. We were pathetic garbage the entire second half. That's the difference.
I posted the same but hadn't read this far so apols for duping. 100% this.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Just read the in game thread. As furious as I am, the one thing that kept me going through the last 10 years of Wenger was this place (i used to read the forum long before I joined) and the boys on here....with notable exceptions, who seem to be absent today....are far more knowledgeable about the game than so many of our supporters. Today was no exception and the in-match comments were spot on.

That said, I don't agree with the comments that we were dreadful today and didn't turn up, because for the first half an hour we played some cracking football. Our final ball and decision making was letting us down, but the key element missing was a top striker to finish the chances created and most of us knew last summer that failing to add that striker would cost us. Today it cost us big time.

We all agree about Arteta's favourites, but someone said that he fails to notice that they're piss poor, but it's not that. He's Mkll and it's the Wenger gene that means he'll refuse to be wrong. The more the fans or the media question the duds he's signed, the more he'll dig in and select them. Zinchenko stunk the place out from minute 1 today and how the fuck he was still on at the end shows exactly how stubborn Cone Boy is. It's self harm driven by ego.

In the second half he was out thought by Emery. Odegaard was at his best in the first half an hour, but it's hard to remember him or Saka touching the ball in the second 45.

Can't believe one or two are digging out ESR. As someone said, he must be tempted to tell Arteta to fuck off when he throws him on out of desperation when all else has failed. Not match fit, or game sharp, but thrown on in the hope that he might do something despite the team being in disarray.

The most painful aspect is that we are fucking close to seriously competing at the top level and Arteta has improved many aspects, but we're still always a couple of players short and compound this by buying duds that other big sides don't want. In what world does buying our competitors cast-offs make any sense? No one can blame the financials, because the Kroenkes have given Arteta a fortune to spend and too much of it has been wasted on losers like Zinchenko, Jesus, Havertz and Vieira amongst others. We're also still short of a top keeper....maybe we can buy the one Villa have. :banghead:

Nick Nack

Post by Nick Nack »

Was out with my daughter so didn't watch the game till later.

Not much more to add than what has been said on this page.

My overriding question is why.

Why the fuck has Diet Pep fucked with a defence that has only let in 4 goals this year, to bring in that utter, utter c.unt Stinkchenko and guess what, we concede 50% of that total in one game. Every time the prick goes walkabout it causes havoc in the defence and means Gabriel is having to cover, leaving a big gap between him and Saliba. Diet Pep knows :cussing:

Why the fuck has Jorginho been benched? Rice has been playing so much better in a more forward role with Jorginho as the defensive midfielder. We've been rolling teams over, so why change it? Diet Pep knows :cussing:

Why change the front three that have been keeping teams on the back foot? I saw the Jesus v Havertz stats on sky :roll: I know Martinelli had the injury but if he's fit enough to come on as a sub, he should be fit enough to start. Diet Pep knows :cussing:

Why fucking change things?

And what was with the substitutions? Diet Pep's dreadful in game management surfaces again, as those substitutions tell me he didn't know what to do. :cussing:

Having said that I didn't think we played badly in the first half, but what the fuck was said at half time so that we were so, so poor in the second half.

As others have said, Diet Pep's form in domestic cups is abysmal. If we collapse in the PL again, which I have a nasty feeling we will, and Bayern hand us new ring pieces on Wednesday, then very serious questions need answering abouthisfuture £700million.... :banghead:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Zinchenko just causes havoc he's fuckin terrible :oops: utterly shite.As said above why in the fuck did beegee doo fuck around with a winning formula? :rubchin: One of those days today where an ex manager schooled us and our ex goalie kept us out :cry: I fear the worst for weds now :cry: I think Bayern will ringhole us and it'll be that dribble chinned ugly bastart sticking the knife in no doubt.Its city's to lose now but they won't.