Villa vaginas H Sun 14th April KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Villa vaginas H Sun 14th April KO 430pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:38 pm
Zinchenko just causes havoc he's fuckin terrible :oops: utterly shite.As said above why in the fuck did beegee doo fuck around with a winning formula? :rubchin: One of those days today where an ex manager schooled us and our ex goalie kept us out :cry: I fear the worst for weds now :cry: I think Bayern will ringhole us and it'll be that dribble chinned ugly bastart sticking the knife in no doubt.Its city's to lose now but they won't.
Kiwior has had one bad half of football as far as I can see, and that's it for him now is it? CliveChenko it is for the rest of the season. The bloke epitomises modern Arsenal - not good enough for a rival club, physically and mentally weak, playing in some made up position to cover up the fact he can't do the basics required of the core position.

He'll be here next season of course. As will the non scoring Jesus. City have taken over the Chavs role of providing us with the stiffs they no longer need to win titles and Arsene MKII will come along with his cheque book to oblige in the way the original version once did

I wonder if Mikel Arteta, We want you to stay will be being sung at the Etihad any time soon....

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

augie wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:01 pm

Right now I am just so despondent - I knew all along that we wouldnt win the league so that is no big surprise, but I just feel that we as a club are back where we were 5 years before the senile french cock fcuked off. Half the support recognise that the cone boy isnt an elite manager and never will be, but the other half are totally bought in on him and cant see any wrong in him.
This demographic isnt remotely accurate. Our fanbase are overwhelming behind the team and manager. When the first goal went in yesterday there were rallying cries of support for them. I went with a large group of lads yesterday, trust me nobody has much doubt in the set up or direction we are heading in. Very hard to get match tickets now unless you are a gold member. If you think otherwise you must be watching from a distance with not much connection to our support. There isn’t much apathy at all.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

In one sense I’m finding it hard to get angry, we won 9 and drew 1 of the last 10 before yesterday and all that did was put us in a position where if we won 8 more in a row we’d win the league. 17 wins and a draw from the last 18 and the title is yours lads. Piece of piss.

City are just fucking exhausting, Liverpool drew against united last week, they’re dead. We lost yesterday - dead. Either win every week or forget about it, perfect or bust. The relentless machine that is city has caused both teams to implode and if it wasn’t for the covid asterix season they’d be on what now…..6/7 titles in a row?

Last season I really started to believe, people on here to be fair warned me and said city would win every game on the run in (which I really couldn’t see happening) and they were right. They churned out win after win after win after win and we disintegrated, they blew us away and they’ll do the exact same thing this season.

I want to be angry but we can’t live with them, nobody in this league can live with them and when they go back to back in the champions league this season it will show that no team in Europe can live with them. It’s completely disheartening and soul destroying.

What I am angry about though was the complete no show yesterday, especially second half where we never came out of the dressing room and every single player was found wanting. Not one fucking player stood up, not any of the starting 11 or any of the subs who were even worse.

I’m angry about the walking calamity that is Zinchenko, an accident waiting to happen every time he’s on the ball. I’m angry that we haven’t a centre forward worthy of the name at the club (how many goals have Jesus and Eddie got this season - embarrassing).

I’m angry about the absolute cluster fuck the club have made of the ticketing situation, they’ve destroyed the brilliant home atmosphere that had been created, treated long time loyal supporting silvers with contempt with the shit ballot system and in 2 of our biggest games of the season in the last week the place has been like a morgue. Well fucking played all.

We’re almost an excellent team, a proper centre forward will make us better again, but it won’t make us better than city. It’s a fucking lost cause.

Block93

Post by Block93 »

Re keepers - he might be a bit of a knobhead at times, but Martinez is 6ft 4ins tall and Raya is 6ft zero. The taller you are, the more space you cover upwards and sideways.

Why you rely on a short GK at the top level is beyond me. Raya's wonderful 'distribution' hardly compensates and he worries me every time he has the ball at his feet. No way Watkins should have scored, Raya went down far too early.

On reflection, could have been 3-1 at HT. On other days it would have been.

Zinchenko must have some real dirt on Arteta, he is just woeful. But at least he's consistent.

Oh well.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Block93 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:04 am
Re keepers - he might be a bit of a knobhead at times, but Martinez is 6ft 4ins tall and Raya is 6ft zero. The taller you are, the more space you cover upwards and sideways.

Why you rely on a short GK at the top level is beyond me. Raya's wonderful 'distribution' hardly compensates and he worries me every time he has the ball at his feet. No way Watkins should have scored, Raya went down far too early.

Zinchenko must have some real dirt on Arteta, he is just woeful. But at least he's consistent.

Oh well.
the Trossard one was an awful miss rather than a great save, had the whole goal to aim at but hit the shot straight at Martinez.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Was worried after the melt last year that Arteta had cemented a losing runners-up DNA into a squad which he'd never recover from, bit like Rogers after he threw the title away for Liverpool. Was convinced that this season we'd be back fighting for 4th, but I started to believe and foolishly thought that maybe we'd learned or lesson from last year, looked a little less gung-ho, measured, calmer - might just do it.

Fuck that, it's happening all over again - flat track bullies. See you all next year for more self harm FC.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:21 am
In one sense I’m finding it hard to get angry, we won 9 and drew 1 of the last 10 before yesterday and all that did was put us in a position where if we won 8 more in a row we’d win the league. 17 wins and a draw from the last 18 and the title is yours lads. Piece of piss.

City are just fucking exhausting, Liverpool drew against united last week, they’re dead. We lost yesterday - dead. Either win every week or forget about it, perfect or bust. The relentless machine that is city has caused both teams to implode and if it wasn’t for the covid asterix season they’d be on what now…..6/7 titles in a row?

Last season I really started to believe, people on here to be fair warned me and said city would win every game on the run in (which I really couldn’t see happening) and they were right. They churned out win after win after win after win and we disintegrated, they blew us away and they’ll do the exact same thing this season.

I want to be angry but we can’t live with them, nobody in this league can live with them and when they go back to back in the champions league this season it will show that no team in Europe can live with them. It’s completely disheartening and soul destroying.

What I am angry about though was the complete no show yesterday, especially second half where we never came out of the dressing room and every single player was found wanting. Not one fucking player stood up, not any of the starting 11 or any of the subs who were even worse.

I’m angry about the walking calamity that is Zinchenko, an accident waiting to happen every time he’s on the ball. I’m angry that we haven’t a centre forward worthy of the name at the club (how many goals have Jesus and Eddie got this season - embarrassing).

I’m angry about the absolute cluster fuck the club have made of the ticketing situation, they’ve destroyed the brilliant home atmosphere that had been created, treated long time loyal supporting silvers with contempt with the shit ballot system and in 2 of our biggest games of the season in the last week the place has been like a morgue. Well fucking played all.

We’re almost an excellent team, a proper centre forward will make us better again, but it won’t make us better than city. It’s a fucking lost cause.
:bowing21:

Fair do's Rodders, I often think you is one crazy MoFo, but That Post is the Best One on this thread. Every word True, it deserves to be sent to Arteta, not that he would read it.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Trossard is dangerous when he comes off the bench.

Fucking useless when he starts.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:12 am

yes certainly seems that way....like hes fired up when he comes on as sub....martinelli been shit for weeeks...never tries to beat his man

although that said really requies a quick out ball to run onto....which he very rarely gets...all down to arteta

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

the playing mantis wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:15 pm
cameron326 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:36 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:33 pm
Well now we know...

Still the same mental fragility

And yes we will miss not having a centre forward. Jesus absolutely pathetic and then you see Nketiah's cameo and you realise his back up is even worse

Game over for another boring season. We will play like 11 strangers wading through treacle in lead boots in Munich, and that's it again. Another boring City win with everyone else not up to it

Thanks Arsene - you created all of this. An empty silent bowl playing host to games like that.

Look forward to rolling Everton over on the last day to close the gap to 9 points
I don’t think it’s the mentality tbh - we just played a great side - almost our equal, and managed by a far better manager than ours. Emery was shit for us because he couldn’t handle the egos, but in the right setting he’s an elite manager. Arteta isn’t.
A great side. Wtf are you smoking!

There decent nothing more, are the scum a great side as well given there on par with them, shithousomg results every week? They are where they are because the league is crap. Similaor story for ourselves but something the akbs simply will not factor in.

We were awful. Not because villa made us look awful. Just looked awful in that 2nd half and let's not start on the left back choice.
villa decent on their day if allowed...but great?? great my arse

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Block93 wrote:

Oh well.

8)

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:17 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:12 am

yes certainly seems that way....like hes fired up when he comes on as sub....martinelli been shit for weeeks...never tries to beat his man

although that said really requies a quick out ball to run onto....which he very rarely gets...all down to arteta
We were on a counter yesterday. Rice had the ball with martinelli unmarked at the halfway line looking for the pass to run to. Rice decided to do a cross field pass to jesus :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:21 am

It's the self harm that makes me furious Rodders. Most of us can tolerate losing a game and not winning the league or a cup, "IF" every effort is made and every sensible decision taken to try to get the win. What we've had since 2006 is constant shooting ourselves in the foot, driven by managers whose ego and stubborness means they cling to clearly sub-standard players, play favourites and buy the cast-offs of the teams we're supposed to be competing with.

You're right, 9 wins and 1 draw in the previous ten games is a cracking run of form, but losing yesterday wasn't simply "one of those things" that are bound to happen on occasion, it was self-inflicted due to piss poor managerial decisions. If you're on a great run, then stick with the winning formula, but no, Arteta changes things because he has to play Havertz, Zinchenko and Jesus. They're all fucking gash, but just like his mentor, he can't be wrong, so he's gonna play them. That's what makes us fucking angry. It also makes us angry that everyone knew last summer that it was vital to add a top striker, but Arteta decided to buy Havertz and keep Eddie. Self-harm right there. £700 million spent and not a striker worthy of the name in the squad. That's sheer fucking negligence. We also lack a top quality keeper, but we all know my feelings on that one.

I get your point about City, but as corrupt as it is, we could all live with being a very close second. When Liverpool got 97 points and lost the league to City's 98, their supporters weren't angry with Klopp and the team. Imagine how galling that must be, but they knew that the side could have done no more and remained 100% behind them. In contrast, we have a manager that has improved an awful lot of things around the club, but the fatal flaw of ego will scupper us every time. Yesterday's defeat is entirely on Arteta and his team selection. I'd be less angry if I thought he'd learn from it, but he won't, because MKll can't be wrong.

Viv Andersons Tache

Post by Viv Andersons Tache »

Block93 wrote:

Oh well.
Raya doesn’t really convince me in the command of his penalty area if I’m honest. Theres an argument he should have come and tried to smother that yesterday and versus Bayern for their first too. The mix up v Liverpool too. He sits in the Zinchenko type of category for me in that he has many decent attributes but has an obvious weakness to his game you need to accept when you put him on the pitch.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

What a shit game to go to eh :barscarf:

It strangely does cheer me up coming on here and reading your lots views!

It can all be summed up in one word for me - pressure.

As a team they just cannot handle it and I’m unsure how to change that.

Arteta can go for me , some outrageous decisions in the starting line up and subs as previously mentioned.

What baffles me as professional men how they can accept being labelled bottlers time and time again , that would kill me.

Intrigued how they respond on Wednesday.