The cricket thread

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
the playing mantis

The cricket thread

Post by the playing mantis »

Don't jump in all at once (although i knkw leftie, perry and db, to varying extents are keen on the game from the history of this forum) , but overdue me thinks...2 wins from 3 for the mighty essex so far, should be 3 from 3 but rain robbed us vs the kentish bstards.

Not played for 10 years due to injury initially but then life, but every winter think about getting into it again for a club in distress (so if im crap it don't matter) used to be half decent at village level at least!

I'm clearly still on a high from last night posting all these silly threads!

Expect I will be the only poster in this one!!

gazzatt2

Re: The cricket thread

Post by gazzatt2 »

you was right about the number of posters
don't follw cricket
but I am an Essex boy
going to a sportsman dinner tomorrow night
Graham Gooch is the guest speaker

chirpy999

Post by chirpy999 »

Cricket used to be an obsession of mine when I was young, back in the days of Viv Richards Andy Roberts Botham Gower the Chappells Lillee and Thompson. Now I find it hard to get interested with all the different formats/teams .
They tried going the football route by making it all about money with the franchises/ central contracts. What a mess!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As a Brisbane boy in the 70s and 80s I got to see the Aussie greats like the Chappell brothers, Dennis Lillee and my personal childhood cricketing hero Jeff Thomson at the Gabba. Great days. 8)

I absolutely loved playing cricket in school, but never took it as seriously as football.

Still enjoy watching the Ashes.