6pm Tomorrow

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
steve1987

6pm Tomorrow

Post by steve1987 »

While just thinking this over in the shower, I realised that by this time tomorrow there could be any of 6 different outcomes for Arsenal in terms of how far behind Manchester United they are.

Behind on goal difference (if we win and Mancs lose)
Behind by 1 point (if we win and Mancs draw)
Behind by 2 points (if we draw and Mancs lose)
Behind by 3 points (if we get the same result)
Behind by 4 points (if we lose and Mancs draw)
Behind by 5 points (if we draw and Mancs win)
Behind by 6 points (if we lose and Mancs win)

Obviously, the odds favour the 3 point gap - but I'd take any kind of narrowing of the gap. I think the 1/2 point gap is very feasible.

Equally, I'd be chuffed with a win, whatever the United result, because it really shrugs off Chelsea I believe.

I also think that if the gap gets to 6 points, its practically game over - otherwise, we're still just in it.

Any views?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Well as they say, footie's a funny old game and which Arsenal team turns up will determine which points situation will exist at 6pm! On current league form I'd be happy with another bloody draw as Chelsea are in form and hope the Scousers can do as a favour. But none of us really expected that San Siro performance and I'm just praying we can repeat that, ruin the Chavs' unbeaten home record, knock 'em out of the race and maybe kick start the run in. A lot will depend on whether we have a forward line that finds its scoring boots again!

crocit

Post by crocit »

i'm veryconfident we will pull out an amazing perfomance, but wheter we win i dont know, look at Anfield and San Siro, played them off the park, old trafford,well we didnt have the best team out there, but at them 2, i think we willplay them off the park!

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

No matter about goal difference, the simple fact is, if we lose and the mancs win its all but over. We just have to concentrate about sticking it to Chelski and then worry about everything else.

Wembley Gooner

Re: 6pm Tomorrow

Post by Wembley Gooner »

stevie_b_19 wrote:

I also think that if the gap gets to 6 points, its practically game over - otherwise, we're still just in it.
they were 5 behind us and are now 3 ahead. Anything is possible

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

I think we'll win tomorro.
Big games will raise the team, and we need to raise our game if we're gonna win the league.

Come on Arsenal!!

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

MUST SAY I'M VERY WORRIED WITH THE REF FOR TOMORROW'S GAME. MARK CLATTENBERG HAS BEEN KNOWN IN THE PAST TO GET BOTH FLUSTERED BY HOSTILE HOME CROWDS AND INFLUENCED BY THE OPINIONS OF CURRENT ENGLAND INTERNATIONALS!! :oops: :roll:

AS FOR THE MATCH OUTCOME ITSELF, I WOULD SETTLE FOR ANYTHING (BARRING A DEFEAT) THAT DOESN'T SEE US FALL ANY FURTHER BEHIND UNITED. 8) :lol: :wink:

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

I Hate Hleb wrote:MUST SAY I'M VERY WORRIED WITH THE REF FOR TOMORROW'S GAME. MARK CLATTENBERG HAS BEEN KNOWN IN THE PAST TO GET BOTH FLUSTERED BY HOSTILE HOME CROWDS AND INFLUENCED BY THE OPINIONS OF CURRENT ENGLAND INTERNATIONALS!! :oops: :roll: AS FOR THE MATCH OUTCOME ITSELF, I WOULD SETTLE FOR ANYTHING (BARRING A DEFEAT) THAT DOESN'T SEE US FALL ANY FURTHER BEHIND UNITED. 8) :lol: :wink:
I thought Clattenburg done well in the Arsenal game a 3point lane this season IMO best of a bad bunch

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

Clattenburg the best of a bad bunch??? Surely you jest? Technically he's not a bad ref, but he gets intimidated far too easily and then starts making bad decisions. Mark Halsey and Alan Wiley are MUCH better refs.

Oh and Howard Webb is also miles better than Clattenburg.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

MIND YOU, THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH SMOOTHIE. :lol: DID YOU SEE HIS PERFORMANCE DURING THE MERSERYSIDE DERBY? :shock: :oops:

PERSONALLY, THE ONLY REFEREE THAT I DON'T MIND HAVING IN CHARGE OF ONE OF OUR MATCHES, BECAUSE I FEEL HE DOESN'T ALLOW HIMSELF TO GET INFLUENCED AS MUCH AS THE OTHERS, IS ALAN WILEY. :lol: :wink:

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

I Hate Hleb wrote:MIND YOU, THAT'S NOT SAYING MUCH SMOOTHIE. :lol: DID YOU SEE HIS PERFORMANCE DURING THE MERSERYSIDE DERBY? :shock: :oops:

PERSONALLY, THE ONLY REFEREE THAT I DON'T MIND HAVING IN CHARGE OF ONE OF OUR MATCHES, BECAUSE I FEEL HE DOESN'T ALLOW HIMSELF TO GET INFLUENCED AS MUCH AS THE OTHERS, IS ALAN WILEY. :lol: :wink:
I'd have to agree. Wiley is the best ref in the Premiership, and probably by a long way. Like all refs he's prone to the odd mistake, but he rarely if ever affects the outcome of a game.

TheOne2Smooth

Post by TheOne2Smooth »

Howard Plebb are you sure??

Mark Halsey did you not see last weekend?

Fabrestuta

Post by Fabrestuta »

All refs make mistakes, and I'm in no way saying they are among the best in the world, but if you ignore the odd bad day at the office they are still better than Clattenburg.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

COME ON ARSENAL!

dvbrisgooner1

Post by dvbrisgooner1 »

Fabrestuta wrote:Clattenburg the best of a bad bunch??? Surely you jest? Technically he's not a bad ref, but he gets intimidated far too easily and then starts making bad decisions. Mark Halsey and Alan Wiley are MUCH better refs.

Oh and Howard Webb is also miles better than Clattenburg.

Howard Webb? Do you remember the Carling Cup Final last season?

I can't stand any of them to be honest. The best ref I've seen in years was a guy named Mr (Jarnail?) Singh in the Southern League a few years ago. He's gradually moving through the ranks and is now doing Championship games I think. I'd like to see him in the Premier League to see how he gets on (world of difference between Dover Athletic and Old Trafford I know).