players leaving in the summer

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
columoz

players leaving in the summer

Post by columoz »

much improved season for us. at the start i was looking for a top 4 finish and to close the gap, but i think the following players will move on. anyone disagree:

hoyte
gilberto
flamini - hope not
eboue - hope to fuck he does
lehman
poss gallas - needs to be replaced as captain

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

I would get rid of all of them and employ Roy Race as manager!

Then I would buy half the Dream Team squad bolstered up with a few fringe players from Jossie's Giants!

Add into the mix Johnny X The Invisible Striker and Billy the Fish in goal and I can only see bright things ahead!

:lol:

lowerwest

Going

Post by lowerwest »

Lehmann
Gilberto
Flamini (maybe)

Should be:
Hoyte
Eboue
Flappianski

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

How about as we are so short of a squad we don't actually get rid of anybody? We keep what we've got and add to it? Amazingly mental aren't I? Shit fuck, would our team that just fell down at the end overboard 5 players and replace them with 5 leaving exactly the same numbers we have now? No we need additional numbers surely?

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I think

Lehmann
Hoyte
Gilberto
Bendtner
Hleb

will leave

Senderos is a possible

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

I think Jens, Gilberto and possibly Flamini will leave. I think the rest we should keep if we can to give us squad depth, ok if a cb is brought/promoted then we can sell one (assuming Song/Toure aren't moved forward) but mostly this summer should be about buying.

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Number 5 wrote:How about as we are so short of a squad we don't actually get rid of anybody? We keep what we've got and add to it? Amazingly mental aren't I? Shit fuck, would our team that just fell down at the end overboard 5 players and replace them with 5 leaving exactly the same numbers we have now? No we need additional numbers surely?
If we get rid of five players and replace them with five better players, then the quality of our squad would increase. Quality is more important than quantity :o 8)

Jens, Gilberto and Hoyte should go. I worry that Flamini might be leaving :cry: I'd keep Big Phil but make a him a fourth-choice defender, because I don't like to see him stepping in when Gallas or Toure are missing. He is also quite young and has shown some quality in the past, so keep him. Give Sevilla 10 million plus Eboue for Dani Alves :P

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

Just eboue and senderos for now good ridins to them both

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Players out i go for;

Lehmann OUT
Hoyte OUT
Senderos OUT

Gilberto KEEP
Bendtner KEEP
Hleb KEEP

I try signing, David Villa, Midfield General(NO Silverware since PV left), and one Top class keeper. :lol:

stuartyoung09111990

Post by stuartyoung09111990 »

The only player I would get rid of is Justin Hoyte.
The rest are good enough. A lot of you want Eboue out but hes a good right back replacement for Sagna.

If we could keep Lehmann I would do so cos he's a better goalkeeper than Almunia.

BT

Post by BT »

I think Gilberto leaving will depend on Flamini. If Flamini goes, Gilberto may well think he'll be back as first choice. If Flamini stays, he's more likely to go.

I think Hleb will go too.

Because of the law of the sod, i imagine Eboue and Senderos will stay. Eboue seems to be quite personally unaffected by his unpopularity.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

stuartyoung09111990 wrote:The only player I would get rid of is Justin Hoyte.
The rest are good enough. A lot of you want Eboue out but hes a good right back replacement for Sagna.

If we could keep Lehmann I would do so cos he's a better goalkeeper than Almunia.
So Eboue is a good replacement for Eboue that must be why Wenger played Kolo v Liverpool and Man Utd at right back then!!!! The reason Wenger brought Sanga was Eboue was a shit full back as he is shit midfielder

stuartyoung09111990

Post by stuartyoung09111990 »

No he played Eboue right midfield against Liverpool because Theos the only right winger who could play there but isnt known for defensive attributes and we had to keep it tight otherwise they would mug us off down the left.

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

I think the following WILL leave:

Lehmann
Gilberto

I think the following MIGHT leave:

Senderos
Hoyte
Hleb
Flamini

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

stuartyoung09111990 wrote:No he played Eboue right midfield against Liverpool because Theos the only right winger who could play there but isnt known for defensive attributes and we had to keep it tight otherwise they would mug us off down the left.
I dont remember Pires or Overmars having defensive attributes but we did alright when they played on the wing in big games.The decision to play Eboue in any game is inexcusable