new arsenal anthem thinktank thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
T.S

Post by T.S »

stearmaster wrote:*my arse would go on* was that meant to sound as funny as it actully did lol great choice one of the best so far.
It was intended to be funny, but I think it will end up being the people's choice.

T.S

Post by T.S »

"Oooooooonce moooooooooore, Jol's mum is a whore."

Imagine belting that out! I think I've created a monster!

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Good point about Alan Balls funeral too, another big plus for 'SOTR', apparently sounded fantastic and perfect for an emotional day. Lets face it the team certainly turn some straightforward games into an emotional rollercoaster.

Two little boys then 'my arse will go on'! Sure you guys aren't looking for the chavs forum or cashley.com?

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

Kwame Ampadu Fan Club

Post by Kwame Ampadu Fan Club »

Allo all..new to this forum game...so go easy on me!

Spent the last hour goin through all the pages and links etc, and wasn't sure about The Impossible Dream, but downloaded the honda ad, watched it a couple of times, and it really does grow every time i watch it. Noted that the ad version is approx 1 min 20secs and also they cut out the last 6 lines as follows...

To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far

To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march into Hell
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest

(pause for couple of secs)

To reach the unreachable starrrrrrrrrr

link for the honda ad...
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=34407

it really does get them hairs on the back of your gregory standing up!

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

I like the idea of impossible dream sounds good.
also i would just like to throw in the suggestion of Brothers in Arms by dire straits. Another song that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end.

N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

I've listened to 'Jerusalem' propely and know i like it, not as our anthem but it's got a good shout as being a Arsenal chant.

Also saw this on footballchants.org
Amazing Red
How sweet the sight
that graces Highbury
The red goes ever on and on
it's there for all to see.
Obviously we don't play at THOF anymore but i still think it's a class song.
Tune - Amazing grace

gooner.ed
Site Admin

Post by gooner.ed »

ok - finally got round to posting the long threatened exclusive on the main part of the site - http://www.onlinegooner.com/editorial/index.php?id=60 - opening this out to non-forum readers. letting them know what is going on at the moment, and allowing a week for any appeals regarding the shortlist.

however, can you now go to this thread - http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1097 - to discuss this any further.

no more posts on this thread please as i am trying to keep subsequent debate on the same thread rather than split across two.

let's hope all this has been worth it and we have created something really worthwhile a couple of seasons down the line, eh? thanks for all comments so far...

trobes01

Arsenal Anthem

Post by trobes01 »

:D
I have thought for many years that one anthem can inspire us.

Jerusalem by Blake.

Listen to the words, the passion, the speed (we can all join in). It's a song for England as well as Arsenal. Any of you with any influence please push for this.

Shane F

Post by Shane F »

New here. Maybe been said already, but U2 - with or Without You.

T.S

Post by T.S »

Boys, I think the idea was to keep all new ideas in the 'Further Discussion' section.

Click here to go straight there http://www.onlinegooner.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1097

Shane F

Post by Shane F »

Ah cool. The forums are super slow here though eh? Double post happened there due to waiting 5 mins while page was loading and clicking on submit again out of frustration.

joseph francis

anthem

Post by joseph francis »

Hi everyone

I am new on this forum. But I have been supporting AFC since I was 6 that is, 33 years ago. There are a lot of good songs which can be used as anthems but there are a couple of songs which can be inspirational to our team and also have an effect on the others.

1.....We will rock you (Queen)

2.....Princes of the Universe (Queen)

3.....If we really want to go into the deep end....WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS will do.

What do you all think. Personally I prefer I prefer the 3rd one because even if we are loosing to us AFC will forever remain as our heart's champions.

Princes of the Universe is also a great one to hear especially with its lyrics and music...............strong music matched with the mentality of the CRAZY GANG of wimbledon of the 80's

cu

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Outside the Marble Halls
I heard a north bank calling:
Highbury they have taken you away
But you left a great eleven
Before you went to heaven
Now it’s glory round the fields of ashburton grove

All round the fields of ashburton grove
Where we watch Thierry Henry play (and he can play)
We have Rosicky on the wing
We have joy and we can sing
Of the glory round the fields of ashburton grove

Outside the Highbury terraces
I heard a clock end calling
Graham they have taken you away
You managed the great eleven
Back at Wembley in 87
But we’ve changed our play in many ways

All round the fields of Ashburton grove
Where we watch Thierry Henry play ( and he can play)
We have Rosicky on the wing
We have joy and we can sing
Of the glory round the fields of ashburton grove

Repeat chrous

All round the fields of ashburton grove.

My Anthem about Arsenal to the tune of the fields of anfield road which makes quite an atmosphere.

rambo

Post by rambo »

gooner.ed wrote:ok - i hear you. i am back and will sort this out thursday evening to post on the main part of the site on friday. there will be a list of the contenders and reasons given why some simply don't cut the mustard. i'll then have a few days where people can voice their discontent (call it the right of appeal) and then we'll launch a referendum on this, inviting other websites to encourage their own regulars to visit us to vote. and after that... a democratically elected anthem! then just a matter of consultations with the club - through redaction in all probability.
Ok. When is the voting starting?