BUY LEROY LITA!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbankbren

BUY LEROY LITA!!!

Post by northbankbren »

We need a striker ,and one with pace, and on the cheap. Is Lita not the perfet candidate? He's got my vote. Am I talking shit or does anyone agree with me?

Hatfield Red

Post by Hatfield Red »

Shit mate.

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

I was pretty pissed last nite, and i thought i was seeing things last night, but now i can see its for real........no thank you, prefer etoo by a long shot

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

At least you could have said Darren Bent.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Think Lita would fit into our team well, small but quick and strong. Young and gets goals, a real handful for defenders.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Not got the quality. Needs too many chances to score in a free flowing team like us he would struggle. Ok being a big fish in a small pond but so different the other way round. He's cheap for a reason, not good enough

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

too many chances? Look at Adebayor today and baptista. And look at the valuation on these players. Lita could be got for £4m - £5m. He's only played 37 games all season compared to £7m Adebayor's 56 and scored 14 goals in all compitions 2 more than Adebayor. Look at his record for England U21 and in the championship. NATURAL GOAL SCORER!!!

Can anyone say that Baptista, Adebayor, Aliadiere, Walcott are as good goal scorers as Lita?

CHEAP! FAST! PROVEN! AND ACTUALLY SCORES GOALS!

Drone

Its beter than the crap u mentioned.

Post by Drone »

Definetely its beter than Bap. Aliadiere and Adebayor, Theo is 18 and has a long way to go. LITA is from England and in a crap team he can score so much goals, than he can score in Arse also, even beter.

im for it.

tenementfunster5

It is easy to call for signing a player 'cos he had a good season but it happens every year. I'm sure many will remember when Ipswich came up and had a great 1st season. Marcus Stewarts was on fire, should we have bought him, no. Sunderland and Kevin Phillips same story. Norwich and Darren Huckerby. We need a proven World class striker. There is said to be money and if this is the case then we should buy Eto'o.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Eto'o?
Lets all be honest can you see us spending over £20m on 1 player?
NOT A CHANCE!!!
I would have Eto'o above Lita any day of the week, but its not going to happen. We have to be realistic about are spending power and also the fact that Wenger hasnt really bought any really big name players in a long time. If they want to spend big in the symmer I'm all for it but just cant see it happening.

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

Just thought as we're in off season and all the transfer talk is going I'd throw this back in the ring. He would be cheaper than Bent, Owen....

Hatfield Red

Post by Hatfield Red »

I don't agree. We need an experienced professional and proven goalscorer for a number of years. Lita is not the answer another kid to go with the rest of them.

To me he is the same as baptista & adabayor - not good enough. Perhaps a handy squad player but not the answer.

I was thinking more on the lines of Klosse from Bremen or someone who is proven at champs league level.

Definetely not owen who cannot stay fit for more than two games and has lost that pace he once had.

Trevheff

Post by Trevheff »

No chance. Have you seen the boots he wears? They're dreadful and would clash terribly with red!

On a more serious note, he has had a good season but he isn't good enough for Arsenal, not until he's done it elsewhere a few years running. On the basis of what he did this season we should have bought Jason Roberst last summer!! I agree that Baptista and AliAliAliAlidare are not up to it. However I think Adebayor is. He isn't a deadly finisher granted but he offers more than just goal scoring; his all round game gives us an added dimension.

Henry, RVP, Adebayor, Walcott, Bendter. Who would you move on or leave out if we bought another striker? They all add something differebt, are at various stages of their career and if fit they give us what we need.

What money we do have needs to be used on a winger and sorting out our leaky defence. If everyone stays WE DON'T NEED A STRIKER.

tenementfunster5

Finally, someone talking sense. You cannot buy someone after one good season. Kevin Phillips, Marcus Stewart anyone? Exactly. As for Adebayor, he gives us a lot. He can hold the ball up, brings people into the game and when he has the ball at feet he drives for the box. He is a real player.
The young players coming through are top class and can develop well in the next few seasons. When fit we don't need more strikers.
We do however need more attacking options (Ribery)

GoonerBen

Post by GoonerBen »

exactly Trevheff, weve just invested heavily on walcott and with bendtner getting a 5 year contract there is no way we need more strikers. wish Bentley had stayed because he would have been exactly what this team needed but Ribery is hopefully on his way so next seasons gonna be a blinder