new away kit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nuttygoonerpaul

new away kit

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

HAS ANYONE SEEN THE NEW AWAY KIT , ANY PIC OF IT YET ?? IF SO PUT A PIC ON HERE !!!!

T.S

Post by T.S »

Image[/img]

There you go

jacko-arsnl

Post by jacko-arsnl »

not to shabby but prefere yellow or blue

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Wrap that bad boy up :!:

I'll give him a loving home :D

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

I know we could never make it work but wouldn't it be great if there was a total boycott on this away 'kit'. WHY do they keep f###ing around with our shirts, mess around with the design if you have to but keep our home shirts red and white and our away kit yellow and blue.!! It's f###ing History.

Can anyone imagine Alan Sunderland flying in at the far post dressed in this white crap. I thought they got the message after that gold malarky a while ago. I mean imagine the stick we'd give the spuds if they changed to red.!! I was thinking of buying one of the old '71 or '79 Cup final shirts anyway and after seeing this white piece of shit that's a defenite.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Retro shirts are definatley the way to go if they keep churning out this load of crap. How can the away shirt be the same colours as the home one anyway. Surely this wont solve the problem of clashing kits. Certainly wont be buying this.

tompfarrell

Post by tompfarrell »

I think it's nice. But yes we should be wearing the exact home kit only yellow & blue for away trips. Great point about Sunderland, that would have just been wrong if he was wearing white that day.

I prefer these types of sleeves as opposed to the sleeves that come up over your shoulders. You know like the ones that were on the double 2004 kit and the current away kit actually.

This should be the third strip.

Pav

Post by Pav »

Bloody hell lads calm down - we are all in for a bit of history but if you want reminding of history then remember that we have played in white before;

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... cle=381069

We've also played in blue, green, yellow, with stripes and without and looking like wasps or with lightning bolts across the chest!;

http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/arsenal.gif

Does it look like a spuds kit? - no.

I personally like the shirt and it will be added to my collection along with the retro red & white and yellow & blue.

As for Alan Sunderland - yeah it may have looked odd but was anybody fussed when Wiltord scored the goal at OT which secured the double dressed in a gold shirt??? - no? thought not!!!

T.S

Post by T.S »

Yeah, I think people need to relax on the whole 'history' thing. I won't be buying the shirt, but not because it defies our history (which it doesn't - have you seen some of the shit we've worn before? Yep, we've done white before), and not because it looks like a Spurs shirt (which it doesn't - last time I checked, there was a lot more red in that shirt than any Spurs kit I've ever seen...).

The reason I won't be buying it is because it is a fucking rip off. £40 for a football shirt is a joke, and I feel even more hard done by because this is clearly a marketing ploy that will necessitate a third shirt and therefore, wahey, we can sell even more shirts!

No more away kits for me, thanks. I'll buy the home shirt once every couple of years, but for the large part, I've got my 70's home shirt and I'll be sticking with that.

Matt_the_gooner

Post by Matt_the_gooner »

The only reason nike keep changing the shirt designs is so that people keep buying them. essentialy it goes along the lines of why buy a new shirt when you can wear last seasons one and it still looks current without spending the extra 50 quid or whatever it is to update. Thats why every couple of seasons they throw in the odd designs like the gold shirt and then the change to blue shirts, so next season i will be in the home kit and the yellow and blue away. Bollocks to this new kit.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Pav wrote: was anybody fussed when Wiltord scored the goal at OT which secured the double dressed in a gold shirt??? - no? thought not!!!
good point. the only thing i was fussed about was the fact that the little plank fired his shot straight at BigRedNose with the whole goal gaping in front of him!! :roll:

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

No, i wasn't fussed when Wiltord scored in that Gold shirt and i won't be fussed if TH scores the winner up there next season in this White crap, it still won't change the fact that i hate the shirt.

Pav

Post by Pav »

Anyway - could be worse.....

http://www.ave-it.net/badfootballkits.htm

Pav

Post by Pav »

Pav

Post by Pav »