new away kit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
N22Gooner

Post by N22Gooner »

Disgraceful using Chapmans great name to cash in :evil: Are away colours are YELLOW AND BLUE.

"SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON"
"COME ON YOU YELLOWS"

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

If that is the new away kit on those players then I will gladly buy one!!! I would say it could be my favourate Gunners kit of all time!!!

Wrap one up for this fat lad please 8)

I Hate Hleb

FAKE PICTURE?

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Re: My Previous Post,

The more I look at it, the stronger grows the feeling that this is a photo-shop job.

Does anyone know when the photo was taken, as a couple of the players were on international duty (Gilberto, Cesc), and Thierry has been doing his promotional stuff for Reebok. When did they get the chance to pose for it, I wonder?

I know most of them haven't got the intelligence to use a computer, but does anyone think it could be a Spuds fan trying to wind some of us up?

Whatever the truth, no use worrying about it. The only thing to do is wait and see what officially comes out in July. Then we can make a proper judgement.

T.S

Post by T.S »

I Hate Hleb: I feel the same way, it still doesn't look quite right. However, I'm told that pictures can take that effect when "compressed," whatever that means...

Anyway, I think they're unveiling the kit on Monday on the website (I'm basing that on the fact you can order it from then), so I guess we'll know for sure then. But one thing I do know is that, if this isn't the one, it isn't going to look too different from this.

Oh, and I think that most teams actually do their photoshoots months before they're actually published, so this could have been taken at any time...

tompfarrell

Post by tompfarrell »

I'm sure Nike don't wait until the end of the season to commission a new shirt.

The kit is long since decided on by now and is probably well into the manufacturing process too.

This picture could have been taken months ago.

Goonanana

Post by Goonanana »

I'd say with 95% certainty that this is a photoshop job!

Gilbertos legs and Cesc's head seem to be the most obivoulsy out of place things! I remember many years ago they were superimposed heads of supposedly naked celbrities and some of them were very believable, much more so that this phot

Having said that....with all the massive Chapman publicity the fact that the dodgy market photos have his picture in the label certainly adds weight to the claim

Having said that..I watched a panorama style programme on fake shirts and the big companies like nike now deliberatly leak false designs to catch the fraudsters and they informants because they know its now the kit! They also like to waste the fraudsters money by making them produce the wrong kits, its also an excersise in making the consumers of fake shirts lose faith

The huge emphasis on Chapman's white sleeves certainly points towards a hefty use of white...perhaps blue with white sleeves though? would we like that or would that be Chavski??

Lets just wait until June 11th when the real pics will be out

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

OH MY GOD!!!!!

I will put my neck on the line now! That "Team Line-up" pic is the most photoshopped thing i have ever seen and is 110% fake. If that is meant to be a genuine photo, then surely, based on the same scenario, the pics on the net of the Olsen twins and Britney Spears having a 3-some are actually real!!!

Who would have thought!!!!

Firstly, Those players would never have posed in the new shirt at such a glamourous venue as the Arsenal tube station,
Secondly, why are Theo's legs so long?

I could go on forever, but plain and simple, look at the socks for fuck sake, none of them match.

This pic is false!!!! I guarantee it!!!!!

Regards

Craig

stearmaster

Post by stearmaster »

Right so we now have a white and red

and

a white and redcurrent, so what 1 is real???

i think they are both fakes, and look at gilbertos ankles lol, he'd snap in half of he was badly fouled like eboue/diaby(cant remember who) a few years ago v sunderland....lol FAKE is my opinion

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

Stearmaster,

Just to inform you, it was Diaby who snapped his ankle at the hand of that horrendous tackle at Sunderland.

Cheers for the request on MySpace by the way.

Craig

T.S

Post by T.S »

OK, as for this picture being a photoshop job, I have it on good authority that this kit is the 100% real deal. Arseblogger also agrees with me (well, not with me, but you know what I mean). As for it being shot in Arsenal tube station being evidence that it’s fake, I think people need to use their heads – Chapman was the man behind the station being renamed “Arsenal.â€

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

It is possible that this is a fake pic, however real shirt as the marketing team put together some ideas of how they could do thd photo shoot.

the quality of teh image shows that it would never be used in a marketing campaigh but could easily be a mock up, as for the shirt its to whiet for me, prefered the last red desighn

jacko-arsnl

Post by jacko-arsnl »

the new kit is in the mirror today in the sport pages in the back with a article with cesc how he think Henry wil go. Everyone check it out

northbankbren

Post by northbankbren »

didn't catch the mirror today but i wo'nt believe it until the club have officialy launched the shirt.

PLEASE LET IT BE YELLOW!!!!!!!!

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

TonySaunders,

Just read through my daily dose of ArseBlog and noticed the comment about the pic apprently being real. Well, not the picture itself, but the shirt design.

If this is the case, i will certainly not be buying it, which is a shame, as i buy every new shirt on release date. But i will never wear a shirt this white. The first pic posted on here with the red sleeves would have been ok, but this is too much to take.

It would be nice to think that everyone will boycott it, forcing the club to take us back into yellow, but i just cant see it happening.

I will be gutted, absolutely gutted if this is it..........

Regards

Craig

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Long before now the new shirt design will have been signed off by both Arsenal and Nike. I for one like it and will place an order asop.

Publicity shot will look daft if TH14 does bunk off to Barca :?