Gareth Bale/Scum

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonermc

Gareth Bale/Scum

Post by goonermc »

Whilst indulging in a bit of piss taking on a Scum Forum today, i read a post that claims they've signed Gareth Bale subject to a medical.

These jokers are talking it up as the biggest signing ever, and they believe they've put one over us!!!.
Put yourself in Bale's position, are you going to fancy warming the bench at AG or OT or go to a small premiership side and play every week as your only competition is some bloke called Lee Dun Hook or whatever.

Bale knows that at OT he's going to have to dislodge Evra/Heinze, and if he came to us he'd have to get past Clichy(most improved player this season)and i believe Armand Traore who is one hell of a prospect.

It all boils down to the fact that Bale's English so the hype is unbelievable, how many of these Scum fans who think he's the second coming have even seen him play???

SLGooner

Post by SLGooner »

southampton have rejected the story so LOL at the spuds getting excited by soemthing that hasn't actually happened...sounds familiar to finishing 4th and knockung us out of the carling cup. p.s. Bale is Welsh

DDignam

Post by DDignam »

true, when i read we were interested i thought why, traore looks pure class and another reason to take willy and drop the c*nt.

I think teh only true winners out of teh sale of both walcott and bale are southampton

goonermc

Post by goonermc »

SLGooner, i didn't realise Bale was Welsh, i should have as that explains a lot.

Pav

Post by Pav »

They've bought an unproven full back from a Nationwide League team - oooh must have the 'big four' cr*pping themselves!

He may turn out to be a decent player although he will most probably get dragged down to their level and not fulfill any potential!

Not bothered at all by this story - Clichy is head and shoulders above any other player in that position in England, with the possible exception of Wayne Bridge.........!!

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I was talking to somebody at the beginning of May (Im not gonna name drop!) but he told me that Arsenal didnt want Bale . So any crap in the papers about " Spurs beat of a challenge from Arsenal to sign Gareth Bale " is bollocks . They even told me he'd sign for Spurs! He does look good Bale I have to say but give me CLICHY anytime

leighj

Post by leighj »

Said in the papers yesterday ythat he was "raised as an Arsenal fan"

have the spuds mentioned that?

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

Must admit, i tend not to watch championship football too often, but i did see him play in the first leg of the play offs when saints played derby. He did look alright, but then again, certain players look better in some teams but not others. This is mainly due to the other players making them loom better than they actually are! Ashley Cole knows all about this!!!

The only thing that really bugs me, is young Bale saying in interviews how it is so great to be joining a big club. Im honestly not only saying this as a gooner, but how the fuck do people still justify calling the **** a big club??? It really does beggar belief!!!

As a previous poster mentioned, he has joined them because he wouldnt get a look in anywhere else, and the reported £10m price tag is just another clear sign of british players having a over-inflated price tag!

Gareth, you should have stayed at Southampton. They are probably a bigger club!

Craig