Short memories?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Pav

Short memories?

Post by Pav »

I am sure that I am not the only one slightly perplexed at the stories coming out of Athens about ticketless Liverpool fans storming ticket check points and getting in to the ground last night. Apparently 128 of those who didn't manage to get through the Police were nicked.

Reminds me of an event which occurred in Sheffield not so long ago - fcuking morons.

tompfarrell

Post by tompfarrell »

Hear Hear.

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

I cant believe that people will go on telly and boast to the reporter "we didnt have a ticket so we climbed over " or " we just flashed a blue bit of paper" at the end of the day you shouldnt have been in there do say its down to Uefa . I was in Paris I didnt have a ticket I gave up on the idea when the touts wanted more than I earn in over a month and sat with all other gooners in a pub. I heard stories there that some turnstyle operators were letting people in for 50 euros cash ! in Paris but from what I saw on the telly in Athens it looked absolutely chaos . Thankfully nobody was badly hurt or killed.

My Left Foot

Post by My Left Foot »

Yes,congratulations to the self proclaimed "best fans in England" :roll:

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Chunky The Gooner wrote:.....I heard stories there that some turnstyle operators were letting people in for 50 euros cash in Paris.....
You seem happy enough with the gooners who told you their stories from Paris, but less happy with scousers telling the media that they did the same thing in Athens. Thankfully nobody was badly hurt or killed at either match...!

If you thought you could have got away with it are you seriously telling me that you wouldn't have happily sneaked in....? Fact is that travelling to places like Paris or Athens (or Copenhagen as I did in 94) without a ticket says something positive about how desperate you are to see the match. So don't blame the fan (even the scousers) as it's surely the job of the authorities to ensure that your praise worthy enthusiasm doesn't result in someone with a valid ticket missing the match or worse still someone getting themselves killed! Maybe it would help if UEFA didn't ignore reality & allowed fans to gather to watch the match on a big screen like in the World Cup!

Chunky The Gooner

Post by Chunky The Gooner »

"You seem happy enough with the gooners who told you their stories"

I never said I was happy I think its madness I was just telling of the stories I heard on my return . I went to Paris along with lots of other people hoping in that rare chance to see if I could have got a ticket. Like most of the thousands of ticketless gooners " I just wanted to be there" as for trying to get into a venue by flashing bus passes, cigarette packets, plane tickets and loads of other bits of paper as told on sky sports its crazy. Imagine you have a ticket for the final and you cant get in because of what happened or like another Liverpool supporter who got into the ground and found 3 people sharing his seat.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

Unfortunatley the scousers weren't sneeking in. They stormed the gates and went headlong for the turnstilles. Not a good image of English fans, no wonder certain fans are being battered by police away in the Champions league.