Pre-season Friendlies Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Pre-season Friendlies Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I was sky+ing it to watch after work with my son, and you cúnts have ruined it for me by posting the result and score. :banghead: :box:

Utter utter abysmal gash monkeys to a man, every one of you. :censored: :cussing:

:D :wink:

Agree with you cos I was in same boat :lol: :lol:

Have to say that I have only watched the first half so far, but it has confirmed again what I have always said..............wally is absolute shit :roll: The first 25 minutes he was so shit that I was even wishing for girouds return :oops: :oops: :oops:
Likewise for the first 30 minutes, the ox was absolutely tearing them a new one - of course mr "I've been involved in football 30+ years" intervenes and swaps him and Campbell and suddenly both went out of the game and kept losing possession :roll:
Wilshere was the very definition of anonymous in the first half - elneny was constantly involved, coquelin less so, but I hardly even knew that wilshere was on the pitch in that first half :( I've gone from him being one of my favourite players, to one that I am slowly beginning to dislike and that saddens me tbh :( I think the reason why I no longer view him the same way, is cos I feel that he totally disrespects the club everytime he talks about his aim at being fit for englands games, and doesn't suggest any kind of interest in being fit for the club run in :evil: :evil:
Wenger doing "tactics"???!!! :shock: Doing them badly? Yep! :lol: 8)

Have to admit to hear any of our players talking up their Interlull career as if it is the be-all and end-all pisses me off too. I don't see their national FA paying them £100K+ per week. It's Arsenal first or fuck off, you overpaid mercenary bastard footballers! :x :twisted:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:I was sky+ing it to watch after work with my son, and you cúnts have ruined it for me by posting the result and score. :banghead: :box:

Utter utter abysmal gash monkeys to a man, every one of you. :censored: :cussing:

No! You have to watch it!
I've only seen the highlights, but there is a moment when Wally runs onto a through ball, knocks it past the last man and then, when in the centre of the goal, he hits it with the force of a 100-year old pygmy woman drawing her last breath on this earth. There are not many professional footballers who could do it like that. The goalkeeper had time to kneel down, say a couple of Hail Marys and then let it trickle into his waiting arms.
That's one internal solution taken care of.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:

I've only seen the highlights, but there is a moment when Wally runs onto a through ball, knocks it past the last man and then, when in the centre of the goal, he hits it with the force of a 100-year old pygmy woman drawing her last breath on this earth. There are not many professional footballers who could do it like that. The goalkeeper had time to kneel down, say a couple of Hail Marys and then let it trickle into his waiting arms.
:lol: :lol:

And nice cross-thread reference too! :lol: :wink:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Oh, I missed it :roll:

A great footballing extravaganza from our pub side, no doubt :rubchin:

Surprised to see some more hastily arranged friendlies...

Chivas de Guadalajara
Mon 1st Aug 0200
StubHub Center, Carson, California, USA

Viking FK
Fri 5th Aug 1930
Viking Stadion, Stavanger, Norway

Manchester City
Sun 7th Aug 1800
Ullevi Stadium, Gothenburg, Sweden

:barscarf: :suicide:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:

:lol: :lol:

And nice cross-thread reference too! :lol: :wink:
Thanks.

It's always nice when someone notices your efforts.

Sean

Post by Sean »

What, no-one has anything to say about our glorious 3-1 victory against Chivas de Guadalajara? :barscarf:

:suicide:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Sean wrote:What, no-one has anything to say about our glorious 3-1 victory against Chivas de Guadalajara? :barscarf:

A couple of mates and I enjoyed a victory over a bottle of Chivas Regal a while ago. :barscarf: :D

Sean

Post by Sean »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sean wrote:What, no-one has anything to say about our glorious 3-1 victory against Chivas de Guadalajara? :barscarf:

A couple of mates and I enjoyed a victory over a bottle of Chivas Regal a while ago. :barscarf: :D
:lol: :barscarf:

I thought the away/third/twenty-first kit looked alright :oops:

I couldn't sleep, so I caught the kick-off. Fortunately, I was sent to sleep pretty quickly, by our 'pretty (ineffective) football' :mrgreen:

The boy Holding scored :shock:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Had we lost then the excrement would have struck the rotary cooling device on here :barscarf:

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Great goal by the Ox. Nice to see Rob Holding get his first goal so early on in his Arsenal career. Showcasing our new third kit too. New campaign is fastly approaching, can't wait!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

we will be able to watch us getting battered by Pep Guardiola's Manchester City on Sunday as the match is going to be live on ITV1 AT 5.45pm.
:popcorn:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:we will be able to watch us getting battered by Pep Guardiola's Manchester City on Sunday as the match is going to be live on ITV1 AT 5.45pm.
:popcorn:
TBH we'll probably beat them. Nothing like Wenger's Modern Arsenal for turning up when it doesn't matter and there is no pressure. Now, for the 2 PL fixtures....? That's where we will get beaten comfortably by Pep's citeh. :x :(

goonertom1995

Post by goonertom1995 »

Can see us doing city in the friendly. Not expecting much in the competitive matches though, be lucky to pick up a point in the 2 games.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Arsenal v viking stavanger starting now on itv4

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Walcott is a useless wanker! :twisted: :banghead: