Would you swap Adebayor for Eto'o?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
T.S

Post by T.S »

Can't we have both? 8)

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

tonysaunders wrote:Can't we have both? 8)
Hehe i can just imagine , Eto comeing on as a sub after we are down a few goals and telling Ade "i'm only on cause you are shit " :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Magic Hat wrote:Ade is young and can improve, Eto will decline at some point before Ade. Would gladly take them both though, someone of Eto's quality would be a real boon
Although it doesnt happen often i agree with Magic here

But to follow that logic through it would be better to stick with bedtner or vela cos they are younger again :roll: We badly need an injection of quality and eto is def quality and would bring an ocean of goals to the team and unless I am mistaken he wont be 30 for a few years yet. I know we wont sign him and maybe we have no interest in signing him either but the man is still top class and would score enough goals to make a difference to our team and I aint knocking the man here but I honestly can never see ade ever being as good as eto in his prime 8)

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Augie.... Im no expert in these matters just an Arsenal fan who over the last 30 years or so has seen loads of football. I might be wrong and Eto'o is a class player no doubting that but has he had his day? is he on the downward slide? Possibly.... Ade is 23 if he improves next season (which is a possibilty) by the amount he improved last season on the year before we could have no need for a swap deal we might have a superstar on our hands who knows?. Ade scored 24 league goals last year and i think any player that scores over 20 in a season has done well. Everyone is raving about Torres he scored the same as Ade last season in league goals imagine if he was playing along side Ade!!!!!

We need someone of quality alongside Ade not instead of him thats my point

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:Augie.... Im no expert in these matters just an Arsenal fan who over the last 30 years or so has seen loads of football. I might be wrong and Eto'o is a class player no doubting that but has he had his day? is he on the downward slide? Possibly.... Ade is 23 if he improves next season (which is a possibilty) by the amount he improved last season on the year before we could have no need for a swap deal we might have a superstar on our hands who knows?. Ade scored 24 league goals last year and i think any player that scores over 20 in a season has done well. Everyone is raving about Torres he scored the same as Ade last season in league goals imagine if he was playing along side Ade!!!!!

We need someone of quality alongside Ade not instead of him thats my point

Flash I too am an old timer (38) :wink: :lol: The stat I have is that eto bagged 14 goals in 17 league games this season which is no mean feat given that he was out injured for some time and it hardly suggests a player on the wane. Ade scored 24 goals last season but you have to also acknowledge that it is far easier to score goals in premiership than it is in la liga and serie a. The point with torres is fair enough but I would point to champs lge game at anfield and say that torres got 1 chance all night and stuck it away and ade is nowhere near being in that bracket :oops:

I do not disagree that ade improved last season and ideally would love to have both in the squad but the thread asks if I would swap ade for eto and in my opinion the answer should be a resounding yes.

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

At this moment in time no I'm quite happy to keep Adebayor at this moment. I just hope Adebayor will keep up his good form into next season and people will reckon what a class player he is i still think that Adebayor will need to improve on his finishing but still do 30 goals last season didnt expect that at all. So dont bother with Eto

Galasso

Post by Galasso »

northbankbren wrote:Knowing Wenger he would probably be able to provide use with a 300 page report comparing the two :D :wink:
And his conclusion would be that Song is better than both of them.

Better, BETTER....I TOLD YOU ALL, I WAS THE ONLY ONE, NONE OF YOU BELIEVED ME (then crazy psychotic laughing)

Bergkamp95

Post by Bergkamp95 »

QuartzGooner wrote:No.

Eto'o is on way down, Ade is on way up.

Much of Eto'o's game comes from his incredible physical sharpness which can only decline past age 30.
True well said its forward you have to look not backwards.

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

I wouldn't. Even though he has yet to learn what offside is and he is not a clinical finisher, I would keep Ade than swap him for Eto'o.

He is younger, has a better fitness record, more physical presence, offers decent aerial ability, loves to score against scum and works like a trojan.

Though as Tony Saunders says, I'd love both at The Arsenal.

GE|2|2Y

Post by GE|2|2Y »

Ade for me..

ko king

Post by ko king »

eto for me

but as some one already said, we should have both, if spurs r linked with him we should get him no probs

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Jaysus guys i think ade deserves some respect for what he has done for us this season i know he has his annoying habits but if we were watching Eto day in day out i'd imagine he has a few to

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Eto'o is perfect for Spurs, Newcastle, Man City or Middlesborough

All the criteria are there......at least 2 years past prime, stinking attitude, 100k plus per week wage demands

Anyone who would even consider swapping Ade is blind or lives in the 2006 time warp when Eto'o used to score.......

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

How about a subtle change to the thread title and substitute the name Adebayor for Van Persie.

As has been well pointed out by IHH Ade offers a great ariel threat which has served us well this year and the two players are very contrasting in their styles.

So how about one injury plagued RvP for an injury hit Eto'o who offer quite similar playing styles?

Still a no for me, anyone else?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:Eto'o is perfect for Spurs, Newcastle, Man City or Middlesborough

All the criteria are there......at least 2 years past prime, stinking attitude, 100k plus per week wage demands

Anyone who would even consider swapping Ade is blind or lives in the 2006 time warp when Eto'o used to score.......

Oh my jesus :roll: Have you read any of this thread ? 14 goals in 17 league games tells you that he is past his prime does it ? Are you telling me that ade's hasnt got a questionable attitude ? He comes on the pitch in a game where we are getting stuffed by our scum neighbours and within a few minutes is telling his strike partner that he is shit ?? I am far from a bedtner fans but I'd fucking stick him if he started to give me lip like that too. :x He has talked himself up all season long far more than even the fans have when he was scoring goals and now of course he or his agent is starting rumours about interest from other clubs so that he can either get a big payrise or get a move away :roll: Mind you wenger soon set him straight on that one 8) The difference between the 2 strikers is that eto has done it before and on the big stage and not just for 1 season so if ade can replicate or improve his record over the coming seasons, especially with his goals to chances ratio, then maybe he could be classed in eto's level but in the meantime.........