THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:Our net spend for the past year is almost £100m.
That's not on buying players though, which is what the £100million comment relates to.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
begeegs wrote:I honestly can't see him getting a contract extension. I think that this time the board are actually telling the truth and it will be negotiated at the end of term. The teams collapse, the protests and falling short of CL money will not go unnoticed. I would imagine that ST renewals and falling attendances will play a big role as well. And it will only get worse if he signs on. Also, the other thing was the complete mismanagement of the contract renewals. It has been highlighted in other blogs, but that for me has to be one of the biggest fuck-ups that Wenger has done to date. All of those assets will get sold this summer and if they don't, the players in question will be taking full advantage of the fuck up which will cost millions of pounds more than they would have without Le Fuckwit in charge. Probably one of the reasons that Dick Law is on his way out.

Can you imagine the transfer market with him in charge as well? You would see more dithering in the transfer market because this time, he couldn't afford any duds and who would want to come play for Wenger? He would only attract footballing mercenaries. Even the youngsters aren't really improving under him. As others have pointed out, the atmosphere won't even be toxic, there just won't be one because who wants to pay top wack to see a serial loser? This really is the beginning of the next level that Wenger was talking about, but unfortunately for him, it was down to mid-table level.

Kroenke may be a silent one, but in his other franchises, they don't have the big payoffs for being in the top 4 and they certainly don't see the level of fan apathy and protests they they get in the UK, so he won't be used to it.

There is simply no business reason for extending his contract and I can't see that he will get a renewal.

If it is a case of that Wenger has already signed and they are waiting until the end of the season to announce it, it would be like slitting your own throat from a business perspective. I just can't see what the point would be, unless they are negotiating the terms for ripping that up. It would be cheaper than actually going through with the renewal.

I think that we have got our wish and will have a new man in place next season. There are loads of good up and coming coaches as well as proven ones as well. I seriously doubt that we would get Simeone or Allegri, but do think that the next tier is a possibility, like Jardim, Sampaoli, Hasenhüttl, Favre or a Nagelsmann type of appointment. And I would be delighted with any of those types of appointments.

The future is bright lads!
Did he not recently face protests from Colorado Rapids fans? :rubchin:

Also, I absolutely believe 100% Wenger will be here next season no matter what. He has already laid the groundwork with his comment yesterday that neither "achieving" nor failing to get in the top 4 will have no impact on his future... :|

The only thing that might see Kroenke act and sack Wenger would be a phenomenal drop in income. Kroenke said it himself, he's a business man, has no real interest in trophies or any of that old shit. The prick. :x :evil: :censored:

So why hasn't it been signed and announced already ? Personally I don't buy all this shit about wanting to wait for a run of positive performances before the contract extension is announced, cos if he is staying on it will show a total disregard for the fans anyway, so why bother waiting for a good time ? The only reason imo why he might be staying and it hasn't been announced, is cos they are still not in agreement on how much of a wage rise he is gonna get, OR if they are trying to take some of his power away from him (appointing a DOF etc.) and he is refusing to sign until they back down.
Personally I am questioning if he is gonna stay, and I find myself wondering if he wants to stay now - of late he appears to have aged so much, and looks grey and gaunt in the face. To me he doesn't seem to be a happy camper at the mo, and please don't suggest that it is cos of results and performances, cos the arrogant wenker would dismiss them as a mere blip on an otherwise positive journey :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
begeegs wrote:I honestly can't see him getting a contract extension. I think that this time the board are actually telling the truth and it will be negotiated at the end of term. The teams collapse, the protests and falling short of CL money will not go unnoticed. I would imagine that ST renewals and falling attendances will play a big role as well. And it will only get worse if he signs on. Also, the other thing was the complete mismanagement of the contract renewals. It has been highlighted in other blogs, but that for me has to be one of the biggest fuck-ups that Wenger has done to date. All of those assets will get sold this summer and if they don't, the players in question will be taking full advantage of the fuck up which will cost millions of pounds more than they would have without Le Fuckwit in charge. Probably one of the reasons that Dick Law is on his way out.

Can you imagine the transfer market with him in charge as well? You would see more dithering in the transfer market because this time, he couldn't afford any duds and who would want to come play for Wenger? He would only attract footballing mercenaries. Even the youngsters aren't really improving under him. As others have pointed out, the atmosphere won't even be toxic, there just won't be one because who wants to pay top wack to see a serial loser? This really is the beginning of the next level that Wenger was talking about, but unfortunately for him, it was down to mid-table level.

Kroenke may be a silent one, but in his other franchises, they don't have the big payoffs for being in the top 4 and they certainly don't see the level of fan apathy and protests they they get in the UK, so he won't be used to it.

There is simply no business reason for extending his contract and I can't see that he will get a renewal.

If it is a case of that Wenger has already signed and they are waiting until the end of the season to announce it, it would be like slitting your own throat from a business perspective. I just can't see what the point would be, unless they are negotiating the terms for ripping that up. It would be cheaper than actually going through with the renewal.

I think that we have got our wish and will have a new man in place next season. There are loads of good up and coming coaches as well as proven ones as well. I seriously doubt that we would get Simeone or Allegri, but do think that the next tier is a possibility, like Jardim, Sampaoli, Hasenhüttl, Favre or a Nagelsmann type of appointment. And I would be delighted with any of those types of appointments.

Did he not recently face protests from Colorado Rapids fans? :rubchin:

Also, I absolutely believe 100% Wenger will be here next season no matter what. He has already laid the groundwork with his comment yesterday that neither "achieving" nor failing to get in the top 4 will have no impact on his future... :|

The only thing that might see Kroenke act and sack Wenger would be a phenomenal drop in income. Kroenke said it himself, he's a business man, has no real interest in trophies or any of that old shit. The prick. :x :evil: :censored:

So why hasn't it been signed and announced already ? Personally I don't buy all this shit about wanting to wait for a run of positive performances before the contract extension is announced, cos if he is staying on it will show a total disregard for the fans anyway, so why bother waiting for a good time ? The only reason imo why he might be staying and it hasn't been announced, is cos they are still not in agreement on how much of a wage rise he is gonna get, OR if they are trying to take some of his power away from him (appointing a DOF etc.) and he is refusing to sign until they back down.
Personally I am questioning if he is gonna stay, and I find myself wondering if he wants to stay now - of late he appears to have aged so much, and looks grey and gaunt in the face. To me he doesn't seem to be a happy camper at the mo, and please don't suggest that it is cos of results and performances, cos the arrogant wenker would dismiss them as a mere blip on an otherwise positive journey :roll:
You are grasping at straws, buddy. :lol: :wink: He looks no different than he has looked for the last 5 years or more. :lol: Why would he be stressed out? He has the easiest job in world football ffs.

It's not my job to justify when or how the board decide to announce anything. Who knows what way they are thinking? All we can do is theorise because none of us, not one fucker on the internet has any true knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes. Personally I reckon they'll either announce the contract after a successful FA Cup final win, or barring that unlikely event, in the off season to mitigate the amount of protest and appease the AKB sheeple. That would seem logical.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

DB10GOONER wrote: Did he not recently face protests from Colorado Rapids fans? :rubchin:

LOL - You are talking about the strongly worded twitter message being a protest? Americans don't do protest.

It was more or less what I outlined above, this year will see a phenomenal drop in income because Wenger has mismanaged it beyond any other year. Not only from Champions League losses and potentially any sort of clauses in sponsors due to that (if any), but the player contracts which have been mismanaged. In addition, if he signs, you can bet that attendance will plummet as well as ST and membership renewals. The big lie of the 'waiting list', if it hasn't already been laid to bare, will be even more evident next year if he signs on. Granted, the last couple of sentences have been probabilities, but judging from what we have already seen, look to be certain probabilities.

There are probably more things which I have overlooked, but the things above will hurt the bottom line not to mention the loss of prestige to the brand. Could the share prices go down because of those factors? It is difficult to say. If that happens or there is a hint of that, Wenger will be gone.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

The sooner we get Wenger out the better and then all the support can unite and get the other c**t out of our club too

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
That's not on buying players though, which is what the £100million comment relates to.
Herd did say "net spending of £100m".

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd did say "net spending of £100m".
Herd is retarded.

Only kidding! :lol: :wink:

Babu

Post by Babu »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Souness' pretty clear here on what he thinks about wenker... He's a prick but got it spot on here.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/04/graeme-so ... l-6614845/
This was always my point.

Best Back 5, france's golden generation AND what Souness forgot, a certain Mr. DB10

Even "wenger's" diet and fitness regime wasn't really ground-breaking...stop drinking so much and eating chocolates, and eat vegetables. Hardly revolutionary, except maybe to the english football establishment at that time.

Wenger, an absolute fraud.

Babu

Post by Babu »

Gunner Rob wrote:He has been asked about the form against top sides - "just six points from games against top seven?"

He replied
“I felt away from home we failed in big games yes and didn’t take enough points. Difficult to explain because last season it was the reverse"

was it Arsene??? was it really ????
I must admit I dont recall any great away wins last season. Anyone else remember them??
Arsenal away last season versus top 6...

Chelsea - lost 2-0
ManU - lost 3-2
Man City - drew 2-2
THFC - drew 2-2
Liverpool - Drew 3-3

EVERTON- AWAY- WON 2-0

Babu

Post by Babu »

begeegs wrote:I honestly can't see him getting a contract extension. I think that this time the board are actually telling the truth and it will be negotiated at the end of term.

I think so too.

The way he answered the question about March/April seemed to suggest that The Board had not made their mind up yet.
I think Wenger has made his mind up - of course. He'll stay for as long as he can.

I think it depends on the FA Cup Final and European Football.
FA Cup Winners and Champions League will certainly do it.

I doubt if "finalist in the FA Cup competition" and Europa League will be enough.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Babu wrote:
Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Souness' pretty clear here on what he thinks about wenker... He's a prick but got it spot on here.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/04/graeme-so ... l-6614845/
This was always my point.

Best Back 5, france's golden generation AND what Souness forgot, a certain Mr. DB10

Even "wenger's" diet and fitness regime wasn't really ground-breaking...stop drinking so much and eating chocolates, and eat vegetables. Hardly revolutionary, except maybe to the english football establishment at that time.

Wenger, an absolute fraud.
Sorry, I want Wenger gone as much as the next man, but that Souness article is revisionist horseshit from a typical bitter ex-Scouse player. He fucking HATES the fact it was Arsenal that initially broke their dominance of the English game in 89. Shame really, because on a lot of issues Souness talks sense. :roll:

Yes Wenger had some luck, and every other manager that has ever won a major trophy has had some luck too. To say it was all luck is bullshit though. I've long said Wenger's greatest ability in his first few years with us was to be pragmatic and recognise what he had - and that is a talent in its own right. He kept the back 5 together and built on it - now days he'd probably break it up and replace it with his own "diamonds in the rough" because his ego has killed his pragmatism dead. He also recognised that the likes of DB10, TH14, Overmars, Petit, PV4 etc etc didn't need to be over-coached and that he could give them freedom to express themselves. Nowadays he'd coach them into tippy tappy shite to the point where they'd be as ineffective as the current shower of shit that disgraces our jersey.

The dietary changes in themselves were not the real accomplishment, but rather successfully enforcing them was. After all TA6 went on record to say that O'Leary had been doing much of the proper eating / stretching / massage thing for years before Wenger arrived, but most of the other players laughed at O'Leary. But Wenger made every player look after their body and they all say his drilling that into them extended all of their careers.

Wenger also intrinsically changed the way PL football was played by introducing the idea of two interchangeable, powerful, physically-strong and technically-skilled DM's that could also attack with devastating effect as well as protect an aging back 4. Most PL clubs followed suit to some degree. When Wenger's fucked up ego then dictated that he should change to the Whore's model of tippy tappy, technically skilled and mobile (but slightly-built) midfielders in the late 2000s the other PL clubs did not follow suit and how many times did we see our players bounced off the ball?

It's a cheap shot by a bitter ex-Scouse twat to put Wenger's early success only at the door of "luck". It is far more complex than that, even though luck played some part as it does for every successful manager. Wenger was not a "football genius" by any means, but he was not just "lucky" either. :roll:

Babu

Post by Babu »

begeegs wrote: There are probably more things which I have overlooked, but the things above will hurt the bottom line not to mention the loss of prestige to the brand. Could the share prices go down because of those factors? It is difficult to say. If that happens or there is a hint of that, Wenger will be gone.
Last 5 years Arsenal Holdings, with the share price highlighted when he signed his last contract.

There was a bit of a drop in the share price in August 2014, but at that time we won the Community Shield and then qualified for the Champions League by getting past Besiktas, and then it kept rising, even though we got knocked out of the Champions League by Monaco, but the FA Cup win consolidated at 1,600 per share. Start of season 2015/16 sees a bit of a slip, but then the TV money was announced, and of course the share price will remain high now, unless we really implode.

We are guaranteed a small fortune every season now just for being Arsenal London in the Premier League.

I think Kroenke is more than happy with that.

Babu

Post by Babu »

DB10GOONER wrote: Wenger was not a "football genius" by any means, but he was not just "lucky" either. :roll:
Oh yes he was...
8)

Babu

Post by Babu »

Mr. Wenger wrote: It is always difficult to isolate one factor. I felt that defensively, away from home, we conceded too many goals!
No shit Sherlock!

All is forgiven.

One Arsene Wenger... :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Babu wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: Wenger was not a "football genius" by any means, but he was not just "lucky" either. :roll:
Oh yes he was...
8)
:horseshite:

Oh no he weren't!

:lol: