Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Usmanov offers Wiggy a Billion Quid for Arsenal

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:Wonder how long it will take for the cook and those other clowns at redaction to organize another anti-usmanov march ? :lol: :lol:
I would guess about Sunday at 1500 :wink:

canonspark

Post by canonspark »

usmanov deserves the opportunity, stan's had, what is it, four/five years. done nothing, said nothing.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

augie wrote:
jaggygooner wrote:What's the betting David Dein tipped of his old mate about the bid and that's why Wenger's been phaffing about announcing if he's staying

Or it's also possible that usmanov knows that le cock is on his way out and feels that this is the perfect time to take over - it was always going to be hard for any new owner (and I inc kroenke when he took over) to waltz in and fire an extremely popular manager, but now wenker's popularity is disappeared and it would allow any new owner to start with a blank page and surround himself with "his people".

My concern would be if this bid is flat out refused and told that no new bids would be welcome, I fear that usmanov would then sell up and join his former buddy and organize a total buyout at everton. Why would the guy hang around indefinitely knowing that kroenke will never allow him any kind of control or input ? I will stake my life that, IF he ended up with everton, they would be a more successful club than us within 5 seasons.

My hope is that kroenke might be more inclined to sell if wenker is going - I will continue to make the point that kroenke has allowed wenker to spend/waste money as he seen fit, but it has also suited kroenke having a manager that will not make demands of him and is more than happy to be seen as the face of the club. Bringing in another manager would hopefully change the dynamics of the club, and for us that could be a big positive, for an owner it could see a manager come in that will be more inclined to be publicly critical and no owner wants that
Wishful thinking mate.
I think that DD coming back is more likely to see Wenger stay.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

augie wrote:
cardinal2011 wrote:Apparently the offer was made over two weeks ago but no answer was given. It is thought that means that it is likely that it will be rejected. Hopefully it is just a basic case of gamesmanship and that an improved offer will be made .

I know that a lot of people have doubts about the russian but at least he will put his money where his mouth is. Personally I do not give a toss where his money comes from.

I really do not understand that thought process - surely if kroenke had zero interest in selling, the bid would have been rejected there and then ? :?
Normally when the refusal doesn't come straight away it means that the owner is reading through the terms and conditions before making a decision - kroenke might well up rejecting the bid, but the fact that the offer hasn't yet been rejected is giving me some small semblance of hope

I reckon that Wiggy's refusal to reply is purely designed as an insult to Usmonov. He is basically saying that he is not worthy of a reply. Usmonov has then leaked details of the offer just before we crash out of top 4 and the upcoming board meeting. He is banking on stirring the pot and making life difficult for silent stan. It is the first real opportunity he has had since stan took over what with the criticism wenker and the board are getting.

NickF

Post by NickF »

The original article was from the FT, according to a source "close to the bid" it was turned down but hasn't formally been turned down.

My view is that any owner with ambition is welcome but he did back Wenger as recently as April which does concern me.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Rumours say that if Wiggy turns him down he will then surrender his shares and move to another Premier League Club, that will cost Wiggy a tidy sum.... :shock:
But then it's only paper eh.... 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Rumours say that if Wiggy turns him down he will then surrender his shares and move to another Premier League Club, that will cost Wiggy a tidy sum.... :shock:
But then it's only paper eh.... 8)

By rumours, are you talking about what I suggested would happen earlier in this thread ? I don't think that I have ever started a "rumour" ........ you have no idea how proud I am feeling right now 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39981954

Good to see Wrighty calling out the wig wearing c.unt and TO1AW at the same time. However, a bit like Lady Piers Morgan, he'll flip flop his way back to the dark side should Middlesbrough achieve the miracle, or more likely if we go on a fly swat of Brighton, Huddersfield and Watford in September and quirk our way to the top of the table

HARLOW GOONER

Post by HARLOW GOONER »

I'm willing to start a crowd funding page for this.. I'm going to re-mortgage my house. Who's in?

For me, this is the answer to the clubs problems. Flying planes over away grounds, and cussing individuals down the camera on YouTube channels is getting us nowhere and isn't the Arsenal way or the way I grew up knowing how The Arsenal did things. ( that's 'tings' to some of you blud clarting bluds out there ). Do you hear me now?

COYGs

NickF

Post by NickF »

Sorry mate "the Arsenal way" went out the window as soon as money became the primary factor in football.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:Sorry mate "the Arsenal way" went out the window as soon as money became the primary factor in football.
Yeah that was just a bs excuse because we couldn't win anything - oh it doesn't matter because we do things the right way etc, give me strength!. :roll:

If anyone starts with anti-Usmanov banners/chants they should be given a good beating, knowing our luck Wiggy will be stubborn and then Usmanov will join Everton or some other PL club, who will pretty quickly overtake us on our way down to midtable.
:cussing:

I'm not too concerned he is (was?) pro-Wenger, reason being is that he will be demanding success unlike Wiggy, he may give Wenger one more season but if he didn't up his game then he'd be out the door next summer, there wouldn't be this hands off, top 4 is a trophy, Arsenal PLC crap.

EastupperA

Post by EastupperA »

Usmanov will buy Arsenal at some point, as it's the only thing left for him. Abromovich is his mate, they go back years and they are super competitive , just read about the Mega yacht situation which usmanov finally won last year....having bested Roman on that front he NEEDS Arsenal now and when in situ will do whatever it takes to beat Chelsea and make Arsenal a dominant force. It's won't be a business it will be global domination. I genuinely think he'll pay whatever needs to be paid, Kroenke is a business man and there tends to be price for everything particularly as they are driven be different agendas

Wenger will be fucked off out of the situation, allegri or some other top manager will be in place and we will be on our way. Unfortunately I would punt have wanted this a few years ago but ultimately it's the only way we will compete now, Kroenke doesn't have that kind of mentality when dealing with his "franchises"

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

NickF wrote:Sorry mate "the Arsenal way" went out the window as soon as money became the primary factor in football.
That would have been in 1910, when Henry Norris arrived.

OR...is "The Arsenal Way" actually slimy underhandedness?

Reading the Arsenal history is pretty sad, actually.

It's like finding out that your Mum was probably not a virgin when she met your Dad, and had had a few different portions of jizz slung up her from unsuitables before you were magically created.

Oh well, onwards and upwards! :D

Swiss Tony Adams

Post by Swiss Tony Adams »

EastupperA wrote:Usmanov will buy Arsenal at some point
...or he will buy another Club at some point. ( everton, but could be anyone )

The PL is a cash-cow, and "legal".

Just look at Roman.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Have to admit, I had a slight twitch 'downstairs' when I heard this news yesterday :oops: