Chelsea in £28m Robinho Bid!!!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
I Hate Hleb

Chelsea in £28m Robinho Bid!!!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Just heard on SSN that Chelsea have bid £28 million for Real Madrid's Robinho!! As I thought, the fuckers will spend whatever it takes to get success!! Pity though, as I fancied him as our shock summer signing. :oops: :roll: God am I glad they didn't win Wednesday!! 8) :lol: :roll:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Nah, that can't be real :shock: I know Cheslea always pay a premium because of Abramovich, but even so!

Robinho isn't even a regular in the Real Madrid team, yet he commands a £28m price tag? :?

Then again, if they paid £30m for Shevchenko........ :roll:

Gunner4LiF3

Post by Gunner4LiF3 »

Robinho is a decent player who i would like to see in the premiership.

shame its gona be for chelski tho

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Don't worry mate

Chelsea know how to wreck a good player or two - Anelka, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips........

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

SteveO 35 wrote:Don't worry mate

Chelsea know how to wreck a good player or two - Anelka, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips........
yeah Damien Duff, Scott Parker the list goes on

Gooner92

Post by Gooner92 »

£28 Million :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very good technically but can't finish for sh*t

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Might prove to be too lightweight to play in a team such as Chelsea :o

WengerKnows

Post by WengerKnows »

The media has a tendency to include the wage package to the actual transfer fee to make the news more dramatic . I would guess its probably around a 18 million transfer fee and 10 million over 3 or 4 years wages .

OT02

Post by OT02 »

I don't actually rate him that highly. I think he's too lightweight. He'll adjust to the pace no problem, whether he'll adjust to getting a kicking from players like Kevin Nolan is another matter :lol:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

khalid_red wrote:Might prove to be too lightweight to play in a team such as Chelsea :o
Which makes him ideal for us!! :lol: :wink:

WengerKnows,

Although you are right that the media do tend to include wages in any speculative transfer fee, this particular price quoted came from the agent of Robinho and is what he claimed Chelsea were prepared to play Real Madrid for him.

As for those who question his form: if I remember rightly, after admittedly a slow start (due probably to playing in the South American Championships) he had a very good season for Real and during the middle part of the year scored crucial match-winning goals for them.

I rate him highly and although there are fears he wouldn't be able to cope with the physical premiership players, I believe he has the skill to handle them, just as he has dealt with other physical teams in both Brazil and Spain. 8) :lol: :wink:

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Doesn't make any sense. There are a lot of reports about Grant's leaving the club and yet, they are signing new players? If it was a youngster, i would have understood, but this is a very big signing.

I doubt it's true, but we'll have to wait and see.