THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Did you see the woman holding up the WENGER OUT EIE at the cricket in NZ?!
Marvellous

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Seeing the likes of Brendan Rogers and Arteta linked to us.

I know we can do a lot better but I would take it right now if it meant Wenger leaving at the end of this season. I'm not against the idea of having Arteta as an assistant manager.

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

The message in the presser from was another version of 'why do look at me' plea, poor sod just wants to be left alone.
Or it can be taken as a subliminal message to Pep to take pity on a fellow coach, and call the dogs off tomorrow, just take a point, you can afford it.
So Wenger can call getting a home point against the uncrowned champions a sign he can turn things around. The bonus for Pep is he may then be allowed to see out the final year of his contract and get another season of Arsenal turmoil.
On the other hand maybe he was just being his usual cunty self.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

A raving lunatic dictator and a human rights but only in Catalonia prick.

What a joy to have wenger and guardiola in the world.

:barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arsene Wenger says keeping his job as Arsenal boss is his "last worry" after losing six of their 12 games in 2018.

Of fucking course its not, you wanker you are on the phone to Wiggy every fucking day......unaccountable deluded fucking old *word censored*

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Once again, after having him almost caught, he slips off the hook.
All the great minds gathered in front and he uses the old chestnut about being amazed that I still have to answer these kinds of questions, not one of the journalists thought of asking him "at what point do you become responsible for the run of poor results?"

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:40 pm
My reading of the situation is that continued profits will boost the share prices, but again he can only make money that way if he actually sells - if I'm right on that then he is either playing the long game hoping that usmanov will get pissed off and sell up, or he is building up the share price with a long term plan to sell in future
The increase in value is the thing that Kronke desires. He had no need to sell, but he wants to grow his asset value. in 6 years he has doubled his money. He can use that as collateral for other purchases, so if say he wanted to buy into rugby with Saracens, he could use the value of Arsenal to finance it.

Ultimately not that different from the likes of me funding a pension. I want stocks to grow or to pay large dividends. Just on an entirely different scale as he is worth $8 billion and I'm not.

markyp

Post by markyp »

just read an article on interweb written for the star by a bloke called Lee Ryder,he is a Newcastle fan and says we are as deluded as Newcastle supporters to think we are a big club and to want wenger out after everything hes done for us!! this is the problem I think,supporters of other clubs and most journos just don't see us as a big club,not just because we are dog shit right now but not ever,never have been and never will be!! wtf,i guess that United and Liverpool based on that are the only big clubs,if my memory serves me right united were relegated in the seventies and until Fergie popped up had won fuck all apart from the European cup,however it didn't stop them milking that European cup win for years up until they finally landed a league title again in 93,as for Liverpool who the hell were they before the late 60's and again no league titles for 28 years now.we have won titles since the 30,yes the lack of European honours is a disgrace (thanks Wenger) but ffs people just see us as an Everton or Villa or Newcastle.i think what the article actually points out is how deluded Newcastle supporters are to even think they are in the same calibre as Arsenal!!!

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:16 pm
Seeing the likes of Brendan Rogers and Arteta linked to us.

I know we can do a lot better but I would take it right now if it meant Wenger leaving at the end of this season. I'm not against the idea of having Arteta as an assistant manager.
Brendan Rodgers would be like Wenger Mark II. I take no notice of anything he has achieved in Scotland.

Pool should have won the title in 2014, he presided over an Arsenal style demise (although the reality was two pivotal games cost them). Ancelotti as an interim appointment and looking for a long-term successor whoever it may be would be a more sensible approach. As long as that successor isn't Rodgers.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I don't want brendan (lips as pale as death) cunto rogers anywhere near our club...Arteta as an assitant to Simeone Ohhh! Yesss.

as for elCuntowenger he talks absolute BOLLOCKS and yet calls it an 'answer'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43227959

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Rogers wouldn't leave Celtic for Arsenal. He's a self proclaimed Celtic fan, and wants to lead them to the last 16 of champions league. Anyway, is Celtic a bigger club than Arsenal?
Also, if he joined us in the next month would he be able to manage the team in the Europa League, having already managed a team in the competition this season?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

F**king stuart pierce saying on the debate wenger should go when he chooses ffs :banghead: :banghead:

the stuff he's saying is comedy gold

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:09 pm
F**king stuart pierce saying on the debate wenger should go when he chooses ffs :banghead: :banghead:

the stuff he's saying is comedy gold
Pierce has always come across as a bit thick, so it doesn't surprise me.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:55 pm
The increase in value is the thing that Kronke desires. He had no need to sell, but he wants to grow his asset value. in 6 years he has doubled his money. He can use that as collateral for other purchases, so if say he wanted to buy into rugby with Saracens, he could use the value of Arsenal to finance it.

Ultimately not that different from the likes of me funding a pension. I want stocks to grow or to pay large dividends. Just on an entirely different scale as he is worth $8 billion and I'm not.
Yeah basically we are uncle Stan's pension plan for him and his family to leech off, how depressing is that?.

:suicide:

You know in the film The Predator, when it rips out the spine of humans to keep them as trophies?, that is what I'd like to do to that c**t, either that or what the English did to William Wallace..

:censored: :twisted:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 pm
I don't want brendan (lips as pale as death) cunto rogers anywhere near our club...Arteta as an assitant to Simeone Ohhh! Yesss.

as for elCuntowenger he talks absolute BOLLOCKS and yet calls it an 'answer'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43227959
Athletic Madrid 4 points off the top of la Liga, Simone won't leave for us.