THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 pm
You see they (the cult) want to rename the stadium after him? :lol: :lol:

A bumholing at ''The Wenger'' really is a fitting legacy for him.
FFS What is wrong with these people? Things aren't this fucked up in North Korea. :oops: :roll:

God I hope these Wenger fans all fuck off with him. These cùnts are not Gooners. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:03 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:31 am
GTG wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:05 am
I'd have Klopp is a heartbeat and he was one of the ones I would name to anyone who asked me who do you replace Wenger with, before he went to Liverpool. He hasn't got lucky with Salah's goals because him/ the transfer set up and Liverpool bought him.

He may or may not win a major trophy but hes competing for them for sure. Barring a complete fuck up they're going to be in the CL final and each season you can see that their improving.

The style of football is tremendous on the eye and you can see something building.

You can see he has a real connection with the fans, hes brought everyone together which is really all i've ever wanted for the Arsenal.

I wonder what the Ox's thoughts are on his move to playing under a new manager?

I read yesterday that one of the first things Klopp said in his interview for the Liverpool job was that he wanted to bring the team and the fans together as a priority.

That's something that badly needs to happen here too because I've never felt such a disconnect with the team/club as I do right now.
Rodders mate in general those days are over. The players are so entitled privileged and out of touch they have nothing in common with the fans. The mouser fans are mostly thick as shit if a few stupid smiles and waving at them can make them feel part of a club that really could give zero shits about them. That's modern football. :|

I'd rather have a successful team than a happy touchy feely club. :wink:
I'm in two minds on Klopp, I believe his passion is completely manufactured, his running along the touchline, his gestures and grimaces look good on TV and have elevated him to " character" status . However having said that it works for Liverpool and on big nights it works for their fans and it generates an electricity that is frightening.
The disconnect at Arsenal between fans and players/club is not just down to Wenger , although he is mostly to blame, it is also down to the stadium. Said this on a different thread but here goes. I have no connection with The Emirates. I feel no pride in it as the home of my club. When I went to Highbury I either arrived on the Tube at Arsenal or by walking down Blackstock Road. Regardless of how often I made that trip I was still taken aback by the majesty and history of Highbury.
I honestly fear that the disconnect is forever, the wounds of the divide of the AKB/ WOB will not simply go away unless the new manager hits the ground running..Imagine the scene in November if Arsenal are struggling to break down a Crystal Palace type of team at The Emirates..The Wenger revisionists will forget he was all too often in that situation and they will instead have a go at the new manager and other fans.
I would have taken Klopp in 2014 ,maybe not so sure now but I would take him over Wenger anytime because somewhere he is doing somthing right. I would love to have what they had last night for Arsenal,even with the obvious flaws.
In fairness to the victims that atmosphere on the big European nights isn't down to Klopp. They've managed to make that noise on those big nights for decades. They can't do it every PL home game though.

I've been at night matches and CL matches at Highbury and the place was rocking. The occasion often dictates the atmosphere I suppose....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43896201

So much for being a man of honour - every chance he gets in front of a mike and /or camera now he will bitch and moan - Glad the c.u.n.t is going - He has no dignity, no honour just fuckOFF you fraudcunt. :box:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm

There are different tiers of managers. The shit like Allardyce and Pullis at one level who never win anything and hop from relegation fodder to relegation fodder, then the middle of the road tier like Rodgers, Howe and Silva that do well at mostly small clubs but can't make the leap to a big club, then the 2nd tier like Wenger and Klopp who will win you a cup or two but not the PL and then there's the top tier like Pep, Moron-hio (utter cùnt that he is), Allegri, Ancelloti and maybe Conte who will win you a PL or two. Within those tiers there are certain managers that are better than others within the same tier.

For the record if we had gotten Klopp in 2014 how long do you all honestly think he would have lasted under Wiggy? One thing he certainly is is ambitious. He'd have been out that door after a year or two tops.
And different tiers of clubs. Arsenal as much as I hate to say it are Tier 2. I remember when Liverpool won the European Cup back in 2005, someone I knew commented that that they did it because they were a big club and even if they had a mediocre set of players their big club mentality gave them an edge that Arsenal didn't have in Europe. Atletico and even Man City are similarly tier 2 whereas Inter and Milan are tier 1 even if neither are that great at the moment. The only club that has threatened to become tier 1 this century is Chelsea. And it has cost them a lot to get there. Of course there are former tier 1 clubs like Benfica and Ajax that have fallen away in the new Champions League era. There is a big 8 (Real Madrid,Barcelona,Milan,Bayern Munich,Liverpool,Internazionale,Manchester Unite, Juventus) that comprise tier 1 and a few that may get there like Chelsea, Manchester City, Atletico and PSG. As for Arsenal this was what they were back in 2006, but they seem to have settled for being just outside the elite both domestically and in Europe.

That said, with what Arsenal paid Wenger they should have the best manager regardless of their status.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Had Wenger achieved what he achieved with club that hadn't already been English champions ten times before his arrival I would understand that, but as far as I am concerned we were a big club before he turfed up. If anything the old Arsenal Stadium should have been called the Chapman Stadium becaue no matter what they seem to think these days he was the one who took a go nowhere Southern club to the top of the league and even when he died his acolytes kept them there on on off until the 1950s. Still if there is a Danny Fiszman bridge (who did what exactly? Sold his shares to Kronke!) they may as well rename it The Wenger stadium.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:39 am
Has he gone yet?
Just a few more weeks now...... Thank GOD.

It is been a long few dark years. :(

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
That's modern football. :|

Hmmm. That would depend on where they're touching and feeling me tbh :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:43 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm

There are different tiers of managers. The shit like Allardyce and Pullis at one level who never win anything and hop from relegation fodder to relegation fodder, then the middle of the road tier like Rodgers, Howe and Silva that do well at mostly small clubs but can't make the leap to a big club, then the 2nd tier like Wenger and Klopp who will win you a cup or two but not the PL and then there's the top tier like Pep, Moron-hio (utter cùnt that he is), Allegri, Ancelloti and maybe Conte who will win you a PL or two. Within those tiers there are certain managers that are better than others within the same tier.

For the record if we had gotten Klopp in 2014 how long do you all honestly think he would have lasted under Wiggy? One thing he certainly is is ambitious. He'd have been out that door after a year or two tops.
And different tiers of clubs. Arsenal as much as I hate to say it are Tier 2. I remember when Liverpool won the European Cup back in 2005, someone I knew commented that that they did it because they were a big club and even if they had a mediocre set of players their big club mentality gave them an edge that Arsenal didn't have in Europe. Atletico and even Man City are similarly tier 2 whereas Inter and Milan are tier 1 even if neither are that great at the moment. The only club that has threatened to become tier 1 this century is Chelsea. And it has cost them a lot to get there. Of course there are former tier 1 clubs like Benfica and Ajax that have fallen away in the new Champions League era. There is a big 8 (Real Madrid,Barcelona,Milan,Bayern Munich,Liverpool,Internazionale,Manchester Unite, Juventus) that comprise tier 1 and a few that may get there like Chelsea, Manchester City, Atletico and PSG. As for Arsenal this was what they were back in 2006, but they seem to have settled for being just outside the elite both domestically and in Europe.

That said, with what Arsenal paid Wenger they should have the best manager regardless of their status.
Tier 2 because of Wiggy. City are clearly tier 1 now because they have an ambitious (and rich) owner. Arsenal fans just give him an easy ride, only once or twice have I ever heard the crowd have much of a go at Kroenke, this is the reason along with Wenger's groundhog failures I stopped going and can't see myself going back. Weak fans who just put up with the crap that is fed to them by the corporate w@nkers, sorry if that hurts anyones feelings (not) but the truth hurts as they say...

:roll:

MrT

Post by MrT »

Wenger on fans wanting him to leave: "When some people are unhappy its not always a majority, but they get the voice of the press & then it looks like a majority"

He honestly doesn't have a clue, does he?

How can one man be this out of touch with fan sentiment? He genuinely thinks it was a small vocal minority.

Good fucking riddance.

It won't end here, it will take years to purge the stench he left, including the damage he's done to the team and contracts, not to mention the mongy fans that will linger and blame every failure on his departure. They'll be like the old remnants of Saddam's regime after he was toppled,

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

arrgee wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Had Wenger achieved what he achieved with club that hadn't already been English champions ten times before his arrival I would understand that, but as far as I am concerned we were a big club before he turfed up. If anything the old Arsenal Stadium should have been called the Chapman Stadium becaue no matter what they seem to think these days he was the one who took a go nowhere Southern club to the top of the league and even when he died his acolytes kept them there on on off until the 1950s. Still if there is a Danny Fiszman bridge (who did what exactly? Sold his shares to Kronke!) they may as well rename it The Wenger stadium.
Coincidentally isn't Wenger's last game in charge in England away at Huddersfield? May be last game in charge of Arsenal full stop.
Maybe Huddersfield can produce a history of the link between the clubs for Wenger , because he ain't listening to anyone else about our history.He believes it started with him and it will end with him.
As for naming the stadium after him.!! FFS what is wrong with people? I was going to end my near five year self imposed exile from The Emirates in the Autumn, but to sit in the Arsene Wenger Stadium....No, too cringworthy and undeserved.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The two mouser twats in work think we should name the stadium after him. They reckon and I fucking quote "he made Arsenal a big club".

Now I thought they were trying to wind me up and always up for the banter I gave them some back and then dear Jesus about two minutes in I realised they were fucking SERIOUS. :shock: :oops:

At that point I had to walk away or punch their fucking lights out. :censored:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The Wenger Bowl :barscarf:

mojokickin

Post by mojokickin »

Hold on lads.... the dark clouds are here for a few more weeks. the sunshine beckons. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
That's modern football. :|

Hmmm. That would depend on where they're touching and feeling me tbh :wink:

:gayflag:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:51 am
The two mouser twats in work think we should name the stadium after him. They reckon and I fucking quote "he made Arsenal a big club".

Now I thought they were trying to wind me up and always up for the banter I gave them some back and then dear Jesus about two minutes in I realised they were fucking SERIOUS. :shock: :oops:

At that point I had to walk away or punch their fucking lights out. :censored:
Sound slike the best option to me mate! :D :barscarf: