AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: AtHletico MaHdrid in SemHi FinHal

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:23 am
Think we all want them to win but with Wenger as manager thats going to be difficult....he should have already gone

lets get someone in who we can have confidence in to prepare a team for a game like this

Yes of course hoping they can work a miracle too....

Thats where I am at - the thought of giving the old c.unt a glorious send off sickens me to my core, but the reality is that I hope being in the champs league next season would make it easier to entice allegri to become our next manager. On the flip side of that though, if the board gave the managers job to arteta or victims assistant manager, then we will in my opinion have nothing to gian as a club by winning it - appointing a cheap no mark manager will send out loud and clear message that the club's future plans involve running our club like a mid-table club and our transfer dealings will reflect that, so I certainly do not want to give the cheapo c.unts the extra champs league money if they aint gonna spend it :evil: :censored:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

augie wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:05 am
Redarmy wrote:
Think we all want them to win but with Wenger as manager thats going to be difficult....he should have already gone

lets get someone in who we can have confidence in to prepare a team for a game like this

Thats where I am at - the thought of giving the old c.unt a glorious send off sickens me to my core, but the reality is that I hope being in the champs league next season would make it easier to entice allegri to become our next manager. On the flip side of that though, if the board gave the managers job to arteta or victims assistant manager, then we will in my opinion have nothing to gian as a club by winning it - appointing a cheap no mark manager will send out loud and clear message that the club's future plans involve running our club like a mid-table club and our transfer dealings will reflect that, so I certainly do not want to give the cheapo c.unts the extra champs league money if they aint gonna spend it :evil: :censored:
Jesus augie!!
Can you not just hope that we win a game of football tonight because the club we love are in a European semi-final?
Is there any joy in your life?
Just take it it for what it is, enjoy it maybe? {until they score and the tie is over obviously}
There doesn't always have to be a side issue and meaning to everything does there? TOF is going, a new beginning on the horizon hopefully, will it sicken you that much if we win it because it means he gets a bit of glory at the end?
Now the decision has been made I'm all for hoping he goes out in a blaze of glory because that would mean that the club I support have won a European trophy for only the 3rd time in my life, that's a good thing isn't it?
I feel sorry for your Missus!!! :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ray C wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 9:52 pm
3 - 1. On Agg 4 - 1. We move on as always looking forward to "Top 4 glory" next season !..:barscarf: :barscarf:
how will that work then ? :rubchin:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

quietly confident about tonight - they have got a decent defence but I am sure Ozil will somehow be able to open them up. Lacazette is on a good run of form too.

as long as the defence keep awake and on their feet I don't see why we should not get a 1-1 draw at least, take them to penalties and then see what happens.

COME ON THE ARSENAL :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:05 am
Redarmy wrote:

Now that I no long fear the consequences of winning this competition I will be happy to see the club win it.

Wenger and most of those players who have shortchanged us season after season and who deserve to win fuck all can go fuck themselves though!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

In our history we have never won this competition. Only 2 competitions remain that I've not seen Arsenal win. Europa League and Champions League.
I don't expect this team to get a result but I didn't expect us to get the result in 1989 either.

Clash

Post by Clash »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:12 am
In our history we have never won this competition. Only 2 competitions remain that I've not seen Arsenal win. Europa League and Champions League.
I don't expect this team to get a result but I didn't expect us to get the result in 1989 either.
Isnt this the modern equivalent of the Fairs Cup?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
and we only need a 1-0 this time!
even more confident now :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

A competition where your reward for winning it is that you don't have to return to play in the sodding thing next year.

I couldn't imagine this current squad in the CL next season, I don't care who the manager is. Whoever the new guy is, he is going to have a small core of worthwhile players with whom he can hopefully rebuild a strong, winning team. It's going to take both time & money. Wenger had plenty of both..I don't think the new guy is going to get much money to kick off with. Going to be a tough job. If we do return to Europa next season, a decent manager could win it for us. If Wenger could get us this far then...............

One other real blessing is that Wenger got the bullet before Ramsey got his 200k per week :D :D :D

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Its The Fairs Cup just with a different name, Fairs Cup - Uefa Cup - Europa league

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We have the ability to go out there and win the game.

This is essentially the final for these players. Step up now and do your job, play as a team, work as a team and fight for every ball.

If we do go down I want us to keep the heads up and fight, if we go out I want to still be able to hold my head-up high and say that we went out fighting, we went out with pride. This a European semi-final, we are still very much alive in the second leg tie. We made it harder for ourselves by not taking a lead to Madrid, but we are still very much alive.

It's 1-1. Very much all to play for and Madrid will know that. Madrid will try and make sure that we don't score and will continue to shut us down. I can't see Madrid playing an open game against us or coming at us in droves, they won't want to risk leaving the defence open to our attackers.We play better when we need a result instead of defending one. I would be more worried going into this game with a 2-1 lead, to be honest.

I'm confident, I don't know why seeing as I'm a surly ball of pessimism the rest of the time, but I think we could go through.

Whatever happens, I hope they do us proud. :barscarf:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:47 am
We have the ability to go out there and win the game.

This is essentially the final for these players. Step up now and do your job, play as a team, work as a team and fight for every ball.

If we do go down I want us to keep the heads up and fight, if we go out I want to still be able to hold my head-up high and say that we went out fighting, we went out with pride. This a European semi-final, we are still very much alive in the second leg tie. We made it harder for ourselves by not taking a lead to Madrid, but we are still very much alive.

It's 1-1. Very much all to play for and Madrid will know that. Madrid will try and make sure that we don't score and will continue to shut us down. I can't see Madrid playing an open game against us or coming at us in droves, they won't want to risk leaving the defence open to our attackers.We play better when we need a result instead of defending one. I would be more worried going into this game with a 2-1 lead, to be honest.

I'm confident, I don't know why seeing as I'm a surly ball of pessimism the rest of the time, but I think we could go through.

Whatever happens, I hope they do us proud. :barscarf:
Hurrah for some optimism on this forum - well played sir!!

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:41 am
quietly confident about tonight - they have got a decent defence but I am sure Ozil will somehow be able to open them up. Lacazette is on a good run of form too.

as long as the defence keep awake and on their feet I don't see why we should not get a 1-1 draw at least, take them to penalties and then see what happens.

COME ON THE ARSENAL :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Penalties!! Not a word too ise if Cech starts :barscarf: :banghead:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

We're gonna win..... Come on you Gunners!!

augie

Post by augie »

I expect us to score at leaast 2 goals - after that it is up to the defence