THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:12 am
John Cross' speech to Wenger was nauseating anyone else see it?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Yup! :ewwwww: :puke:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am
flash gunner wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:12 am
John Cross' speech to Wenger was nauseating anyone else see it?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Yup! :ewwwww: :puke:
Its was sickening

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:08 pm
I want the next manager to win the EL next season (in his first season) to show that Arsenal can win European trophies and it's Wenger who can't.
I fear it's a no win situation, sadly. If the next manager doesn't do the treble in his first season, AKBs will be calling for his head and saying how great Wenger was all along.

If the new guy does win a trophy or two - especially a European one - all we'll hear about is what a great position Wenger left Arsenal in, how close he was to winning with these players, how it was effectively Wenger's team (ironic considering the lack of recognition George Graham gets).

Worst of all, I'm sure we'll hear about how selfless Wenger was to sacrifice his own trophy-winning days by working on a tight budget for ten years so that he could build the Emirates with his bare hands and lay the foundation for such successes enjoyed by future managers. :blah:

At the far end of the scale, I could even imagine winning the Europa with tight, 1-0 wins all the way through, only for the AKBs to reject it because 'it's not the style of football we want to play'. Chelsea fans (and the owner) have made complaints along those lines in recent years, so I'm sure it's feasible.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

A very clever ploy by Gazidis......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIC6H-NwNWs

....to ensure he doesn't do anything silly and spoil it for the in-coming manager. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

For one last time.....my favourite phrase gets another airing from our Lord and Master

https://www.arsenal.com/news/yes-ive-ha ... i-expected

on not having a point away from home in 2018…

"Yes, it’s true, I want to win the last two away games. But I must say it was a bit special circumstances with the fact that we played in the League Cup final, the Europa League quarter and semi-final and away from home I rotated the teams to prepare for these cup games"

ONE ARSENE WENGER.......THERE'S ONLY ONE ARSENE WENGER

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Once he goes can i lock this thread?

We could have a ceremonial locking :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

From an article in The Telegraph:

"There is no prospect of Wenger taking any sort of upstairs role just now at Arsenal, although the club would ultimately be open to such an appointment. The plan first is for the new manager to establish himself and Wenger hopes that some of his old coaching staff will remain, not least for the knowledge they can impart about the culture of the club and the wider competition."

Fucking hell.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We need a complete new coaching & medical team - Kick all of the currentCUNTS out and let the new manager bring in his own people (inc: medical if he can) - Then should he fail there can be no claims of "Special Circumstances". :|

RobG

Post by RobG »

There's a piece by Simon Rose on the main site, saying that it is time to say 'Goodbye'.

So I couldn't resist this :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GClXXOKe5Ik

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

I almost puked in my mouth reading Bellerins tweet about Wenger.

Unfortunately although the biggest obstacle to a fresh start has been removed, the remnants such as this guy need to go as well.

I Am hoping the rumours of Juventus wanting Bellerin are true, would be more than happy to see the back of him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:19 am

For sure Flash! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Kvltman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Unfortunately although the biggest obstacle to a fresh start has been removed, the remnants such as this guy need to go as well.

I Am hoping the rumours of Juventus wanting Bellerin are true, would be more than happy to see the back of him.
Maybe Allegri can sign Bellerin for Juventus and then become our manager immediately after :barscarf:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Clash wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:34 pm
Kvltman wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Maybe Allegri can sign Bellerin for Juventus and then become our manager immediately after :barscarf:
And bring his defence with him! (Except for Bellerin :lol: )

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

a shame he will have the ref to blame again tonight.

as to the coaching team - sack them all. i want a modern set up like the mousers have - fitness coaches for each line (G, D, M, F), a team of opposition analysts, performance analysts etc and a completely new medical and game recovery team.

the above was put in place by Rodgers btw not Klopp. its the way all top European sides are managed now.

I want to see the death of "football is an Art....go out and play our game". :banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:19 am

Better leave it open so fans of his next club can use this thread! I'm sure they'll want the useless c unt gone too