THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
YorkshireGunner

Re: THE WENGER THREAD

Post by YorkshireGunner »

One More Game and then I pray Mouldy old Bould follows Wenger out the door, preferably with a big size 9 right up his Arse all the way back to Stoke where he belongs, 2nd tier

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:19 am
Once he goes can i lock this thread?

We could have a ceremonial locking :barscarf:
I might go full on and delete the whole miserable fucking thread tbh.... :wink:

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:41 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:19 am
Once he goes can i lock this thread?

We could have a ceremonial locking :barscarf:
I might go full on and delete the whole miserable fucking thread tbh.... :wink:
Imagine how many hundreds of rants that must be contained in this one thread alone :shock:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger says we can win the title next season....

“I’m convinced Arsenal will be one of the contenders next year,” the Frenchman told the Evening Standard. “The quality is there, the spirit is exceptional.”

Deluded fuckwit ....

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:43 am
Wenger says we can win the title next season....

“I’m convinced Arsenal will be one of the contenders next year,” the Frenchman told the Evening Standard. “The quality is there, the spirit is exceptional.”

Deluded fuckwit ....
Hedging his bets, nothing more. If we do well, he'll pop up from wherever he is with an "I told you, I knew when I was building this special team :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: ................."

augie

Post by augie »

Also trying to whip up expectations amongst the akb so that when the next manager fails to reach that laughable unrealistic target, the akb will be on the new managers back straight away :evil: :censored: :censored:

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:03 pm
Also trying to whip up expectations amongst the akb so that when the next manager fails to reach that laughable unrealistic target, the akb will be on the new managers back straight away :evil: :censored: :censored:
Yeah that's how I read it too. Dressed up as a compliment but it puts the new manager under pressure to deliver something that nobody can deliver straight away. Really sneaky of Wenger.

I wish someone had asked Wenger why, if this team is so special and deserve to do well (a claim he has been making for years i.e. going back to 2011 telling Song & co. that they were his best squad ever etc. :roll: ), how he himself wasn't able to get anything out of them.

And with regards to locking this thread, I am not sure if its serious but I think we need it left open for a while. I understand the need to move on and not dwell on Wenger. I intend to do that. But I also think it will take a while to get Wenger out of our system and it will not be easy to bottle things up and suppress them. Especially if he remains in the headlines after he goes.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

augie wrote:
He (wenger) really is a narcistic manipulative cuntt isn't he ... the FACT that he was 'Let Go' (in the common tongue) Sacked (told to walk or be fuckedOff) is really grating with him, and so he is trying to come across as all Positive and Humble ... :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

But he is in his own twisted fucktard way trying to muddy the waters... :evil: :banghead: :cussing:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:15 pm
augie wrote:
Yeah that's how I read it too. Dressed up as a compliment but it puts the new manager under pressure to deliver something that nobody can deliver straight away. Really sneaky of Wenger.

I wish someone had asked Wenger why, if this team is so special and deserve to do well (a claim he has been making for years i.e. going back to 2011 telling Song & co. that they were his best squad ever etc. :roll: ), how he himself wasn't able to get anything out of them.

And with regards to locking this thread, I am not sure if its serious but I think we need it left open for a while. I understand the need to move on and not dwell on Wenger. I intend to do that. But I also think it will take a while to get Wenger out of our system and it will not be easy to bottle things up and suppress them. Especially if he remains in the headlines after he goes.
You're talking about Sid, Augie and Exisstential aren't you! :D :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: And NickF. :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I wonder if they will still hold The Emirates Cup (Not the FA Cup version) at the Bowl this summer? :?

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:26 pm
I wonder if they will still hold The Emirates Cup (Not the FA Cup version) at the Bowl this summer? :?
Apparently there isn't an Emirates Cup this year. Announced a few months back.

augie

Post by augie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 12:50 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

We might be balls deep in qualifiers for the inter-toto cup at that stage :wink: :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
It will be re-introduced as the WENGER CUP :banghead: :censored: when it returns.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

StuartL wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:58 pm
VoiceOfReason wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
It will be re-introduced as the WENGER CUP :banghead: :censored: when it returns.
Does that mean all four teams lose? :lol: