Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
herbert

Re: Unai Emery

Post by herbert »

Good to hear that his English is coming along nicely

Good luck Dick and COYG :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Saw some positives today and still support his appointment but also some worrying decisions.

Cech as number one still?
Xhaka not only still in the frame but on a new long-term deal?
Iwobi on a new long-term deal?
Mustafi playing full stop?
Ramsey clearly main man particularly having not signed a new deal?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

The AKBs on she wores FB page say that was crap and Dick will be gone in 12 months :banghead:

I understand the worries over xhaka Cech etc but they were quality at other clubs so he has to give them a chance.

Overall we saw a small improvement today, i want more improvements next week.

We need to defend the box better and Ozil needs to get better playing with pace.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Out :barscarf:

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 pm
The AKBs on she wores FB page say that was crap and Dick will be gone in 12 months :banghead:

I understand the worries over xhaka Cech etc but they were quality at other clubs so he has to give them a chance.

Overall we saw a small improvement today, i want more improvements next week.

We need to defend the box better and Ozil needs to get better playing with pace.
Totally agree! We will see glimpses of Emery's way along the way but change takes time. it's going to be painful and it will take time. Also, we will need probably more than two transfer windows to sort Wenger's shit out but we'll get there.

Pre season was too short for him to be able to evaluate the true level of his players. Why Xhaka and Iwobi got new deals I don't understand but that's the way it is. I think he will bench Xhaka and Cech eventually but we'll see.

Goonuz71

Post by Goonuz71 »

...Made a refreshing change to see the Manager off his seat and actually shouting/taking to players instead of sitting there rocking back and fourth like some deluded twat ...(oops sorry he was )

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I guess if he (And who would the he be here I wonder?) hadnt lengthened their contracts they would either leave at once or let their contracts run down like weve seen and rightly criticised before

Better have some fee for Xhaka and Iwobi than none I suppose?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

He may be a bit of a dick but he has a point....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -man-city/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:52 am
He may be a bit of a dick but he has a point....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -man-city/
No. I'm sorry but the fat fuck knows nothing about football. He heard a couple of pundits say those things and then just said them louder to try make it look like they were his assessment. The fat piece of shit is the most self-aggrandising arsehole in the history of football. You see him on Goals on Sunday yesterday? He was most upset that Everton didn't "publicly thank him for doing a fantastic job getting them from 17th to 8th". He actually said that. Didn't he once say if you gave him the Real Madrid or Barca job he'd win the CL every season? :oops: :lol: Completely self deluded fucknugget. :censored: :wink:

Post by 1989 »

Fat Sam, dinosaur manager, not fit to lace Emery's boots

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 pm
Fat Sam, dinosaur manager, not fit to lace Emery's boots
Yes Fat Sam is a c**t but that doesnt hide the fact that Emery trying to get Cech to play from the back was fucking madness against Man City of all teams.Like asking Xhaka to play DM

Post by 1989 »

Yes, it was a mistake and I'm sure he acknowledges it. I bet he won't play Cech/play that way with Cech in goal again. Unlike a certain ex manager, Emery won't persist with doing the same thing again and again when it's clearly not working.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:33 pm
Yes, it was a mistake and I'm sure he acknowledges it. I bet he won't play Cech/play that way with Cech in goal again. Unlike a certain ex manager, Emery won't persist with doing the same thing again and again when it's clearly not working.
Im with you 89 but we dont know that, do we?

Emery needs time maybe a season or two just hope he sees the mistakes we can all see

Post by 1989 »

Because by all accounts the bloke is a pragmatist, not a deluded ego maniac like his predecessor.

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:05 pm
Saw some positives today and still support his appointment but also some worrying decisions.

Cech as number one still?
Xhaka not only still in the frame but on a new long-term deal?
Iwobi on a new long-term deal?
Mustafi playing full stop?
Ramsey clearly main man particularly having not signed a new deal?

Spending big money on Leno and still starting Cech is the one that I find most annoying/baffling/frustrating - you can make a flimsy argument for starting mustafi (who is fcuking dogshit btw), and you can make a similar argument for xhaka and Ramsey, but there can be no sound logic for starting Cech imo