Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Unai Emery

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:42 am
I know what you're saying with regard to stats DB10 as for the most part they are absolute bollocks, but just as the beautiful Shakira's hips don't lie, that stat about us never being ahead at HT just hammers home how absolute dog shit we've been at starting games (for the most part) this season.

We're 12 games in now so it has started to become a thing and we don't seem to be addressing it. Hopefully after the break we will see a different mind set at the beginning of games but if we see more of the same lethargic, dead football from the off against Bournmouth I'll start to get seriously concerned.
:shock:

Sorry Rodder's me ole Mucka but you is Soooo Wrong.

Shakira (so called) Is a Transgenderite - S/he used to be called Kevin with an 8 inch dongler to which Sid will attest who worked ona building site in Glasgow for 8 years. S/he used to be renowned for hiding building bricks , the red sharp cornered kind up his (then) chuff & fart box.

Honest! :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Aaaaanyhooo!

If people cannot see the logic and sense in being patient with Unai Emery - Then they may as well go support the scum.

It took 10 years for wenger to create and bring amazing success - THEN 12 years to totally "Destroy" all that and take the club and it's fans to the lowest ebb in at least the last 54yrs.

I and I'm sure many other Gooners have begun to enjoy watching Arsenal FC again. That awful haunting Gut Ache of hopelessness is GONE!

Yes, there are many wrinkles to be ironed out and many changes still to be made, also many, many, many old ugly negative habits left over from wengercunt to be eradicated from the Spirit, Memory and Nightmares of the players and many, many Gooners...

So FFS!

Give Him Time! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:rubchin:

"Peace Out!" :D

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 am
Aaaaanyhooo!

If people cannot see the logic and sense in being patient with Unai Emery - Then they may as well go support the scum.

It took 10 years for wenger to create and bring amazing success - THEN 12 years to totally "Destroy" all that and take the club and it's fans to the lowest ebb in at least the last 54yrs.

I and I'm sure many other Gooners have begun to enjoy watching Arsenal FC again. That awful haunting Gut Ache of hopelessness is GONE!

Yes, there are many wrinkles to be ironed out and many changes still to be made, also many, many, many old ugly negative habits left over from wengercunt to be eradicated from the Spirit, Memory and Nightmares of the players and many, many Gooners...

So FFS!

I'm an Arsenal supporter if i think the managers getting it wrong i'll say so, if he is getting it right i'll say so, thats the benefit of being a supporter and bollocks to any *word censored* who says otherwise..... Wenger was given way too much time by way too many people in the hopes he might eventually pull it out the bag, he didn't. We have a new manager but it doesn't mean he gets a free pass just because numbnuts has gone.

We are THE Arsenal its time fans started remembering that once more and didn't accept small improvements just because it is different management running things, have we become so whipped, so run down and disconsolate by the legacy of the old Master that we'll accept any horseshit just because it isn't Wenger :roll:

I said benefit of the doubt and i continue to give it but as far as i can see he is still making a lot of the same mistakes 20 games in as he was making in the first few games, it has improved but that doesn't excuse him repeating the same mistakes. If people want to blindly ignore it that's not my problem.

He is learning but he is also repeating mistakes, its stupid to praise him for improvements and ignore the mistakes :rubchin:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 am
Aaaaanyhooo!

So FFS!

Makes me cringe when I see that in posts, I think I'm on twatter or something.

Also why would you go and support the scum if you want instant success, they been waiting a century :)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: : EDIT:

i can see he is still making a lot of the same mistakes 20 games in as he was making in the first few games, it has improved but that doesn't excuse him repeating the same mistakes. If people want to blindly ignore it that's not my problem.

Et quales umbra.

Post by 1989 »

Don't wanna slag Dick off, but our lack of defensive improvement is definitely a negative mark on his management so far. We're no better defensively than we were under TOF, and Dick's been here long enough now to have done something about it but hasn't. Disappointing.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

@afcstuff
Arsenal have now won 4 PL away matches this season, equalling the whole of last season’s total away league wins.
Although I wouldn't be surprised if we've conceded more goals compared to this time last season.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:14 pm
Don't wanna slag Dick off, but our lack of defensive improvement is definitely a negative mark on his management so far. We're no better defensively than we were under TOF, and Dick's been here long enough now to have done something about it but hasn't. Disappointing.

Yes and no - it is no coincidence that our best centre back to date is the one that was purchased in the summer, so until emery is allowed recruit another centre back, he is stuck working with the same dodo's that were destroyed week in and week out under the previous regime.

Sometimes coaches/managers try to be too cute/try too hard to show how smart and adaptable they are tactically, and yesterday emery was in that category imo - changing the formation made zero sense to me at the time, and it makes even less sense to me now. If he felt changing the system was required defensively yesterday, then change it to 4-4-2 and put players in front of the full backs to provide cover - instead he had the wings occupied by 2 guys who have continually shown a blatant disregard for their defensive responsibilities, and on too many occasions they showed little or no interest in busting a gut to get back :evil:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

1989 wrote:
The defence has marginally improved. The clean sheets will come. We haven't lost a game for 17 matches so the defence must be doing something right. At least we're not cenceding more than we are scoring.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

1989 wrote:
The defence has marginally improved. The clean sheets will come. We haven't lost a game for 17 matches so the defence must be doing something right. At least we're not cenceding more than we are scoring. Also, he hasn't had all our defensive players fit to make a decision on which is the best system for the players, Koscielny we know what he did for wenger, will he improve with Emery, and Mavropanos was a revelation in the 5 games he played last season but has yet to be fit for Emery. It's far too early to judge when he hasn't had a fit squad to choose from

Post by 1989 »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:29 am
1989 wrote:

Yes and no - it is no coincidence that our best centre back to date is the one that was purchased in the summer, so until emery is allowed recruit another centre back, he is stuck working with the same dodo's that were destroyed week in and week out under the previous regime.

Sometimes coaches/managers try to be too cute/try too hard to show how smart and adaptable they are tactically, and yesterday emery was in that category imo - changing the formation made zero sense to me at the time, and it makes even less sense to me now. If he felt changing the system was required defensively yesterday, then change it to 4-4-2 and put players in front of the full backs to provide cover - instead he had the wings occupied by 2 guys who have continually shown a blatant disregard for their defensive responsibilities, and on too many occasions they showed little or no interest in busting a gut to get back :evil:
No issues with the formation change. That sort of tactical flexibility from the manager is what we've been crying out for ages as it seldom appeared under Le Fraud, and we won the game anyway in fairness so can't really complain too much.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

a very good profile on the BBC website today, profiling Dick from the people he worked with :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46377603

one thing that stood out was this part :
He chose his new home on the outskirts of London because it is close to Arsenal's training ground, where he sometimes will eat three meals a day. He continues to arrive for work very early and leave very late. Even during the international break there is little let up - other than to visit his teenage son in Valencia.
and this :
"Unai listens a lot. He's not someone who surrounds himself with people who just say yes and agree with him. He wants to discuss, listen, he does not dictate.

"But his success comes from his own hard work."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm
a very good profile on the BBC website today, profiling Dick from the people he worked with :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46377603

one thing that stood out was this part :
He chose his new home on the outskirts of London because it is close to Arsenal's training ground, where he sometimes will eat three meals a day. He continues to arrive for work very early and leave very late. Even during the international break there is little let up - other than to visit his teenage son in Valencia.
and this :
"Unai listens a lot. He's not someone who surrounds himself with people who just say yes and agree with him. He wants to discuss, listen, he does not dictate.

"But his success comes from his own hard work."
Great piece. Good find. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46377603

Yes, an informative read, one of which states:

"One of Emery's former players at Almeria, Laurent de Palmas, told France Football: "We clashed several times. But if Unai has a problem with you he will always tell you to your face.

"He either makes you or breaks you. Most often he makes you."

Mind you after the Mamby Pamby no conflict approach of wengercunt for so many years, he will have had his work cut out. So perhaps no surprise that there's - Ozil on the bench? Ramsey leaving?

aucune coïncidence me pense mon ami! :wink:

UNAI'S RED ARMY!!! :barscarf: :D

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

For far far too long we havent had the balls to get back from setbacks, I simply cant have seen us get back like this from this sort of scenario, but we have done it a few times already.

we have a squad playing well as a squad (Includes the substitutions for a change) , the defence seems to be an issue but FFS it was with Klopp and Guardiola at first, we have superb strikers, midfield with some decent players, Im delighted with where we are right now, it could have gone far far worse. There really are not many managers who would have banished the Wenger era so emphatically so fast.

Emery didnt do so well at PSV maybe, Im not sure many would be successful there, but hes a proven winner, I love his attitude approach and involvement. Ive not been as excited for years. The top teams play fast pressing football, apart from Citeh and The Victims who else does it better than us now?

COYG