Unai Emery

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Almunia is a clown

Re: Unai Emery

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Time for the fans to put pressure on Wiggy to get the cheque book out NOW! Instead of calling for Emery to be sacked FFS! :banghead: :banghead: :cussing:

Few banners inside the ground & at away games demanding Emery gets the cash needed to get the club competing, Give Emery the cash to do the job NOW! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

One month coming up to do some trading, buying & selling! :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:36 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:24 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:20 pm
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:13 pm
Think the stories of miracle workers being sent down to earth by some big bloke in the sky over Xmas has gone to peoples heads. Any if this miracle manager did exist what makes people think he would come and work for wiggy *word censored*?
Precisely. I've said for years that Kroenke will slowly kill this club and has been the root of our problems more than so Wenger. Those that thought sacking Wenger would be the answer to all our prayers are about to see that right now.

Your mission Mr Emery - spend a tenth of what Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and City are spending, turn the worst back line in the top half of the league into worldbeaters despite most of them being over 30 and suddenly make lazy c.unts like Ozil and Ramsey into workhorses. Oh, and while you're there can you ensure the only youth set up in the top half never to produce a top class striker in 30 odd years is transformed into a production line of great talent. Turn is into champions overnight please and never lose a big game again

All summer long we forecasted that there would be wenger defenders who would lurk in the shadows just waiting for things to go even a slight bit pete tong, and I swore to myself that I wouldnt react to them when it happened, but now it has arrived I have allowed myself be wound up when I should know better :oops:
All morning long I have been listening/reading crap from a victims fan and a manure fan of our a side whatsapp group, as they cunted off AFC and torreira in particular. to the point that I literally want to find where they are and give them one hell of a kicking :oops: I expected no better from them cos there arent supporters of our club and would only have a passing awareness of the job emery took on - us Gooners we should be totally tuned in on how dire our squad/team is, how badly coached our players have been, and shamefully how spineless our players have been for years now. Bizarrely it seems that some expect emery to have fixed all our issues already :shock: It seems to have escaped their notice that our best players this season have either been the newer signings or the ones that were not there long enough under the french cock to be destroyed. We now have a situation where we had 2 players on the bench yesterday who havent appeared in the league at all for the club, and 2 players who have made one appearance each this season - how is a manager meant to rotate or drop players ??
Been saying this myself to anyone who will bother to listen. If you spoke to most sensible Gooners about who have been our top performing players this season you would probably hear Torreira, Leno (up until Saints away at least), Sokratis, Aubameyang and possibly Lacazette.....all of whom fit into one of the two categories you've pointed out. Its hardly a surprise to me that the ones he doesn't fancy - Cech, Ramsey, Ozil etc - are ones who played under the cock for years on end. He's giving Iwobi and Bellerin a chance because they are young enough to improve and in fairness at times this season have performed better than they did at any point in the past couple of years under cock features

Lichtsteiner is the one signing he's made that has gone tits up - A 36 year old on a free transfer in a position where we are desperately short on numbers, so I can forgive that.

When Wenger joined he inherited one of the top five keepers in world football, a back four that was the finest in the land, one of the best goalscorers in the country in Wrighty and one of the world's finest talents in Bergkamp.....so the base was solid and he could build from there bringing in experienced talent like Overmars and taking a chance on the odd kid like Anelka and Upson

Compare that to poor old Dick, He inherited a calamitous geriatric Chavski turd in goal, one of the worst, aging defences in the club's history and one world class player who has been allowed to play so ineptly and freely that at 30 years old I doubt he'll ever recover from it. The desperation buy of Aubameyang is probably the one he inherited that he could even begin to build a team round and he's already the league's top scorer
Sorry SteveO but the bit in red is gash mate. Comedy Iwobi has been utter utter gash all season. A couple of wobbly runs and a few step overs, one good goal, and one or two crosses cannot compensate for the dozens of times he has pissed away possession or not bothered his fat hole getting back - and let's not forget idiots like Jamie Redkrapp hail the clown because of his "energy"... something that is just not there.

Comedy Iwobi will never be a top player. He'll be at Palace within 2 years then Hibs or Dundee and eventually Bolton.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:25 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:13 pm
Think the stories of miracle workers being sent down to earth by some big bloke in the sky over Xmas has gone to peoples heads. Any if this miracle manager did exist what makes people think he would come and work for wiggy *word censored*?
Precisely. I've said for years that Kroenke will slowly kill this club and has been the root of our problems more than so Wenger. Those that thought sacking Wenger would be the answer to all our prayers are about to see that right now.

Your mission Mr Emery - spend a tenth of what Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea and City are spending, turn the worst back line in the top half of the league into worldbeaters despite most of them being over 30 and suddenly make lazy c.unts like Ozil and Ramsey into workhorses. Oh, and while you're there can you ensure the only youth set up in the top half never to produce a top class striker in 30 odd years is transformed into a production line of great talent. Turn is into champions overnight please and never lose a big game again

All summer long we forecasted that there would be wenger defenders who would lurk in the shadows just waiting for things to go even a slight bit pete tong, and I swore to myself that I wouldnt react to them when it happened, but now it has arrived I have allowed myself be wound up when I should know better :oops:
All morning long I have been listening/reading crap from a victims fan and a manure fan of our a side whatsapp group, as they cunted off AFC and torreira in particular. to the point that I literally want to find where they are and give them one hell of a kicking :oops: I expected no better from them cos there arent supporters of our club and would only have a passing awareness of the job emery took on - us Gooners we should be totally tuned in on how dire our squad/team is, how badly coached our players have been, and shamefully how spineless our players have been for years now. Bizarrely it seems that some expect emery to have fixed all our issues already :shock: It seems to have escaped their notice that our best players this season have either been the newer signings or the ones that were not there long enough under the french cock to be destroyed. We now have a situation where we had 2 players on the bench yesterday who havent appeared in the league at all for the club, and 2 players who have made one appearance each this season - how is a manager meant to rotate or drop players ??
Been saying this myself to anyone who will bother to listen. If you spoke to most sensible Gooners about who have been our top performing players this season you would probably hear Torreira, Leno (up until Saints away at least), Sokratis, Aubameyang and possibly Lacazette.....all of whom fit into one of the two categories you've pointed out. Its hardly a surprise to me that the ones he doesn't fancy - Cech, Ramsey, Ozil etc - are ones who played under the cock for years on end. He's giving Iwobi and Bellerin a chance because they are young enough to improve and in fairness at times this season have performed better than they did at any point in the past couple of years under cock features

Lichtsteiner is the one signing he's made that has gone tits up - A 36 year old on a free transfer in a position where we are desperately short on numbers, so I can forgive that.

When Wenger joined he inherited one of the top five keepers in world football, a back four that was the finest in the land, one of the best goalscorers in the country in Wrighty and one of the world's finest talents in Bergkamp.....so the base was solid and he could build from there bringing in experienced talent like Overmars and taking a chance on the odd kid like Anelka and Upson

Compare that to poor old Dick, He inherited a calamitous geriatric Chavski turd in goal, one of the worst, aging defences in the club's history and one world class player who has been allowed to play so ineptly and freely that at 30 years old I doubt he'll ever recover from it. The desperation buy of Aubameyang is probably the one he inherited that he could even begin to build a team round and he's already the league's top scorer
Sorry SteveO but the bit in red is gash mate. Comedy Iwobi has been utter utter gash all season. A couple of wobbly runs and a few step overs, one good goal, and one or two crosses cannot compensate for the dozens of times he has pissed away possession or not bothered his fat hole getting back - and let's not forget idiots like Jamie Redkrapp hail the clown because of his "energy"... something that is just not there.

Comedy Iwobi will never be a top player. He'll be at Palace within 2 years then Hibs or Dundee and eventually Bolton.
Mate, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't think Bellerin or Iwobi will ever be good enough to consistently play for the Arse. My point is that they are both playing better than they did under Shit for Brains - sorry, that's undeniable. Both of them were utter gash throughout the whole of last season - I'd struggle to remember a single game where I said "Oh at least Bellerin/Iwobi played well".

Iwobi's first half a dozen games this season were much better - physically fitter and more end product. Since then he has definitely gone back to being Mr Headless Chicken in possession, but actually thought he did OK up at Anfield compared to some of the so called more established players including Aubameyang.

Sadly for Unai his "get rid" list is longer than his retain list and he works for a c.unt of an owner that will give him a tenth of the backing that Klopp, Sarri and Pep will get

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Does anyone know if Unai Emery Coaches all aspects/areas of the team's game - Or does he delegate the defensive coaching to someone else? :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Mate, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't think Bellerin or Iwobi will ever be good enough to consistently play for the Arse. My point is that they are both playing better than they did under Shit for Brains - sorry, that's undeniable. Both of them were utter gash throughout the whole of last season - I'd struggle to remember a single game where I said "Oh at least Bellerin/Iwobi played well".

Iwobi's first half a dozen games this season were much better - physically fitter and more end product. Since then he has definitely gone back to being Mr Headless Chicken in possession, but actually thought he did OK up at Anfield compared to some of the so called more established players including Aubameyang.

Sadly for Unai his "get rid" list is longer than his retain list and he works for a c.unt of an owner that will give him a tenth of the backing that Klopp, Sarri and Pep will get
I'd agree Bellend has improved slightly under Dick but Comedy Iwobi for me is just as poor as he has been from day one. He's had one or two good touches but even a broken clock is right twice a day. :lol: :wink:

I posted this on the Fulham thread but it works here too: Comedy Iwobi simply can't measure a pass so overhits or underhits it, can't retain posession, can't cross well consistently, has no end product 99% of the time when he bobbleheads along with the ball, can't tackle so adds nothing there, has no pace so wtf Redkrapp is on about regarding his "energy" is anyone's guess, and to cap it all he is bone lazy and does not track back - something Ozil gets slaughtered for on here ffs. 

Dundee or Maidstone beckon. Hopefully the door won't hit either of his fat arses on his way out. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:45 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:

I'd agree Bellend has improved slightly under Dick but Comedy Iwobi for me is just as poor as he has been from day one. He's had one or two good touches but even a broken clock is right twice a day. :lol: :wink:

I posted this on the Fulham thread but it works here too: Comedy Iwobi simply can't measure a pass so overhits or underhits it, can't retain posession, can't cross well consistently, has no end product 99% of the time when he bobbleheads along with the ball, can't tackle so adds nothing there, has no pace so wtf Redkrapp is on about regarding his "energy" is anyone's guess, and to cap it all he is bone lazy and does not track back - something Ozil gets slaughtered for on here ffs. 

Dundee or Maidstone beckon. Hopefully the door won't hit either of his fat arses on his way out. :lol:
I have to say mate he was fucking embarrassingly poor yesterday - can't even weight a simple 10 yard pass whilst he demonstrates all the composure of a 5 year old with a tenner in the pick n mix aisle when he gets the ball. His first 6 games were good - he scored at Chelsea and was actually going round people and crossing accurately.....maybe they were his broken clock moments! Absolutely dire yesterday and this is a guy who is a regular starter. Meanwhile sitting 2 points above us Chavski sign Pulisic for £60m. Size of Emery's task? Enormous

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Probably should focus on the cup competitions now. Especially the Europa League.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm
Probably should focus on the cup competitions now. Especially the Europa League.
I admire your commitment mate if you previously harboured any hope of an improvement in our league position :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:22 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
I admire your commitment mate if you previously harboured any hope of an improvement in our league position :lol:
I don't really care about our league position this season so as far as I'm concerned Emery has a free pass on that front. If we don't get into the Champions League then ideally I'd want us to finish outside the Europa League places and just focus purely on the league next season.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
I don't really care about our league position this season so as far as I'm concerned Emery has a free pass on that front. If we don't get into the Champions League then ideally I'd want us to finish outside the Europa League places and just focus purely on the league next season.
I think there is more chance of the latter than the former but unfortunately I don't see us escaping the clutches of the Ropey Cup :(

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:44 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
I think there is more chance of the latter than the former but unfortunately I don't see us escaping the clutches of the Ropey Cup :(
I have faith in Emery winning the Europa League.

Our results have been shit since he started playing with a back three.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:56 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:44 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Jock Gooner wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
I have faith in Emery winning the Europa League.

Our results have been shit since he started playing with a back three.

I guess we'll just have to see how things pan out with Europe.

Back three - hard to say, I think there is more of a problem with the players than the system and given recent injuries in the defence it's maybe more to accomodate replacements. Kolasinac looks awful in a back four but then has moments when he is going forward. But then again your foreign managers have always liked a back three especially in Serie A where it is the default formation. Dick likes to change up his formations which is maybe too much to ask of our defence who haven't quite mastered the basic art of defending yet so to mess with their heads by changing formation is maybe asking for trouble.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

I’ve been accused of posting drunken rants, so it is in a state of complete sobriety that I will compose this post.
Standings after 22 games over the last 6 seasons (ive gone for 6 as that is roughly when most people where realising that Wengers time was up.
2014 p22 gd+24 pts 51 (cant find gf and ga for this season)
2015 p22 gd +14 gf 39 ga 25 pts 39
2016 p22 gd +16 gf 37 ga 16 pts 44
2017 p22 gd +27 gf 50 ga 23 pts 47
2018 p22 gd + 12 gf 40 ga 28 pts 39
2019 p22 gd + 12 gf 46 ga 32 pts 41
So 2019 doesn't look much different to Wengers final season and looks considerably worse to a couple of earlier seasons, during which Wenger was rightly recognised by many as a tactical halfwit with no idea how to organise a defence.
In steps Emery who we are led to believe has great tactical nous, that coupled with the introduction of 5 new players 2 of them defenders and a keeper, this should surely see a marked improvement in that area of our game?
No instead we see a defensive record worse than any season under Wenger. We can't blame the players Emery inherited for this, if he were the coach many like to claim he is, then surely with his own signings and what he inherited he would be able to improve on wengers record not deliver even worse.
I don't expect any coach in the world could turn around the mess Wenger left in 6 months and as many have said I agree it will take years and with no funds available we might never compete with best again, but I do expect to see improvement I do expect to see a gameplan and I do expect to see tactics other than "lets see what happens then make a double substitution and he that does the job"
It is ludicrous to suggest that 1 season isn't long enough make a judgement on whether or not Emery is moving us in the right direction, thus far it doesn't look good, however I fully expect him to be here next season, despite also expecting us to finish the season with our worst points tally in years coupled with our worst ever defensive record. I also expect to be making the same posts this time next season.
I simply don't see him as the man to take us forward, he looks so far out of his depth in this league, its unreal.
A question for Augie, I fully expect United to finish above us and probably knock us out of the fa cup, given that on another thread I think, "correct me if i'm wrong" you reckon we are better than them in all but 2 positions on the field? Should my predictions transpire, then surely that would either make Solskjar a "managerial genius" or confirm Emery as an idiot?? Thoughts Augie ?

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

Dick still in!

Slaphead out!

Dick looked a sad man yesterday..... slowly dawning on him what a job he has taken on.....

We need to buy now! :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

We can’t buy now because we are maxed out on wages with FFP!

We need to clear out before we can buy, get rid of Ramsey, Welbeck, Ozil, Cech, Elneny, Mikhi, Mustafi, Kos and we’ll free up shit loads of cash for wages and may even raise 10m to go towards buying someone!! :roll: