KROENKE OUT / The Board / Staff etc (merged thread)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Reported by ESPN and others this evening that Sven Misintlat is leaving, various reasons given at the moment. :rubchin:

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/arsenal/s ... y-sources

GoonerMuzz

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out (merged thread)

Post by GoonerMuzz »

begeegs wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:57 pm
augie wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Some of his comments on that piece are ridiculous -

"Denis Suarez, Ever Banega, and Yannick Carrasco have the odor of Emery as I can’t imagine for one moment Sven would be pushing for journeyman hacks lost in their careers".

Fair enough banega is 30 years old, but the other two are 25 years old and he calls them journeyman hacks ??

Re mislintat he added

"It’s probably not difficult to be unimpressed with some of his early signings.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but havent sokratis and auba been 2 of our top performers this season ? Granted mikki has been utter dogshite, but to have a 66% success rate in transfer business is very good work imo

Lastly he refers to dick when he says

"My big concern is that we’re heading into an incredibly important summer with Emery being the only true footballing man at the club. His record at PSG for picking players was less than impressive,"

Is there anybody, and I mean anybody, that believes that the player purchases at psg was down to emery ? In most european clubs the players are bought above the manager and then given to the manager to integrate into the team - in a "boutique club" like psg where it is all about buying star names, you can be damn sure that the manager has fcuk all say :roll:
His opinions aren't the best and he doesn't like Emery, so any chance to bash him, he will do. Emery may have had influence into transfers, but certainly wouldn't be responsible at PSG - I think that they have a Football Director there for that.

That being said, I don't really see that losing Mislintat is a big loss that people will think.
That depends who takes over from him in that role i suppose :rubchin:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If Sven does go it’s just another sign that Arsenal are a club with zero ambition and going nowhere but down. Yes we know it but it could be rammed down our throats shortly! :roll:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:13 pm
If Sven does go it’s just another sign that Arsenal are a club with zero ambition and going nowhere but down. Yes we know it but it could be rammed down our throats shortly! :roll:
Yeah and the Mirror and Guardian are both reporting it too now - the article may have it's own biaise but the main message would appear to be on point. Mislintat v Sanllehi :?

https://twitter.com/search?q=honigstein ... r%5Esearch

Jock Gooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Jock Gooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:27 pm
Reported by ESPN and others this evening that Sven Misintlat is leaving, various reasons given at the moment. :rubchin:

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/arsenal/s ... y-sources
Think it's a Honigstein story....

https://twitter.com/search?q=honigstein ... r%5Esearch

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Diamond eyes out the gap - what a fucking shambles of a club :roll:

Still what’s the point of being head of recruitment at a club with no fucking money to recruit.

Rotten to the fucking core.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I've said this before about Sven Mislintat. He only knows the Bundesliga or so it would seem. So if he wants to go to Bayern Munich who only know the bundesliga too then that's fine with me.
What we need is a person with global knowledge for transfer business. Funnily enough like Wenger. the problem with Wenger was he had the knowledge but wouldn't spend the money.

Anyway, Sven can fuck off asap because it won't be any loss at all. in fact it#s probably a good idea.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Except that he recommended we sign Torreira, Guendouzi and Mavropanos none of whom came from the Bundesliga :?: :?:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

How many transfers were down to Sven, he was definitely involved in the successful signings of Matteo Guendouzi France and Lucas Torreira Sampdoria, hardly Bundeslige.... :lol:
Based on his statistical data we owe him a little more respect than what that carpet wearing *word censored* is giving the man!
This is not a good move!....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

If he is off to Bayern Munich he will obviously team up with a certain Arsene Wenger!.... :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Ivan was right, we are competing with Bayern.....over a head of recruitment :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Re: Mislintat Leaving

Post by DB10GOONER »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:01 pm
This has been covered on the Emery thread. Doesn't need it's own thread. The same stuff will be said. Merging it.
It's got nothing to do with the Emery thread.
Don't take it personally mate. That link had already been posted on the Emery thread and a discussion started. We have limited resources and time to mod this forum. It makes no sense to have the same basic comments repeated in 2 locations. And believe me I've been modding this place 10 years and I can guarantee you that is what will happen.

DB10GOONER

Re: The Board / Wiggy Out / Staff etc (merged thread)

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ok some helpful cùnts :wink: started up a third conversation about Mislintat possibly leaving so I've moved all those posts into this board / wiggy / staff / etc thread.

Please can we keep all these board related and backroom staff type of comments posts etc here.

If a proactive Wiggy-out campaign does kick off then we'll give the wig molesting parasite his own thread.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Sven leaving is less about what he does and doesn't know and more about the why for me, as some stated he seemed to be involved in the signings of at least Torreira, Matteo and likely Sokratis too now whether they are setting the league alight or not it is odd that so soon after beginning to assist with rebuilding a squad with 3 players with decent potential he is opting to leave.

It suggests serious issues behind the scenes that we may not be fully aware of and might indicate that his job is being made overly difficult by restrictions or serious conflict of philosophy somewhere.

This is only an opinion but i get the feeling UE came into the job knowing there were going to be serious restrictions, Sven possibly didn't fully understand what those were going to be and has decided to jump ship.

augie

Post by augie »

All the speculation seems to be hinting at disagreements between mislintat and sanelli, or dick and mislintat, but isn't it more likely to be over a lack of funds ?? Common sense tells you that when you hire a recruitment you give him a budget in which to sign players and let him work away - if you tell him he has no budget, then what the fcuk is he gonna do ? This club is an absolute shambles from tip to toe, and on one hand I am delighted that dick brought that whole shambles out into the open, but on the other hand I am embarrassed to have my club (the 6th wealthiest in world football) behave like some two bob non league rabble, and laughed at by all and sundry :oops: :oops: :oops: