ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:14 pm
This morning I had a very large poo, I had to flush it several times as it didn't want to go but after three or four flushes and a nudge from the Bog Brush it shifted and I was pleased .
This got me thinking of our own difficult to shift turds ,I haven't heard anything whatsoever and I wonder how proactive we are being in getting rid of Ozil Mustafi,and Miki to mention but three ?

Also can anyone tell me why on earth we would buy a player and lend him back for a year ? It's fine if you have a huge squad brimming over with stars but we need players now so this Saliba deal seems pointless !

Lastly why the fuck are we going in for Kieran Tierney, is the Diaby treatment room under employed ,this man has had injury after injury and thats in Scottish football which is the standard of our league 1 at best ,he'd be fucked if he playeed in the premiership where people expect you to play 50 games a season !

I know theres a long way to go but im not confident at all that those charged with transfers know what the fark they are doing !
Funnily enough Ozil is Klingon for Turd.

And Ozil Grach means Big Turd.

:proudtosay:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:15 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:50 pm
Herd wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:28 pm
Herd you need to do better research man - last season was an injury hit season and he made 40 appearances in all competitions. The previous seasons he made 55 and 40 appearances in all competitions, and that aint bad going for a player so young.
You want to know why the fcuk we are going after Tierney ………… it's because he is a very good left full right now, and with the potential to be top class in a few years. He is just 22 years old ffs, and he is everything a modern full back should be. I understand why people can be quick to dismiss the Scottish league because it is fairly shit, but that does not mean that there are no good players coming out of there - van dijk is the obvious example I can use, but Wanyama was excellent for a few years, and dembele at lyon is a quality striker
I looked at Wikipedia and it said he's only played 102 times for them since 2015 He was injured in 2016/17 then last year too .
VAn Dijk and Wanyama and Dembele were all imports themselves not a comparison !
I'm not saying he cant play but can he defend ,the premiership is a hard place to play !
PS Have u seen the clubs website ,its still listing all the players who have left on it .
Wish they were as slow as that asking for the season ticket money !
Thinking about it, when i did see Van Dijk at Celtic, always looked like he was in second gear, hardly breaking sweat
What about Rodgers at Leicester how come he's not in for him, £20 million would probably clinch the deal

Tbf, chilwell aint no bad full back either - people get hung up on players and what other clubs are in for them, but the reality is that no-one was in for torreira last season and he was a great piece of business. The way I would look at it is similar to the way I look at our own situation - Tierney might well be an upgrade at left full for most teams in the premier league, but a lot of those other teams might be prioritizing other positions in the same way that we are/should be prioritizing our defence over everything else. I honestly feel that the Robertson is the only left full that is better than him in the premier league - chilwell and the kid at citeeh (zinchenko sp :oops: ) are both decent full backs to the point that their clubs could argue that the left back isn't a position of need for them.
Nothing to do with him being a Celtic player :roll:

I've seen him play and he's bang average, playing in the Scottish league is akin to playing women's football ffs.

He is not fit to lace robertsons boots, or Alonso who is superb and infinitely better than the sweaty sock, Digne at Everton is better, Mendy at city the same.

Tbf I could go through all the pl and the championship.

augie

Post by augie »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:41 pm
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
Herd you need to do better research man - last season was an injury hit season and he made 40 appearances in all competitions. The previous seasons he made 55 and 40 appearances in all competitions, and that aint bad going for a player so young.
You want to know why the fcuk we are going after Tierney ………… it's because he is a very good left full right now, and with the potential to be top class in a few years. He is just 22 years old ffs, and he is everything a modern full back should be. I understand why people can be quick to dismiss the Scottish league because it is fairly shit, but that does not mean that there are no good players coming out of there - van dijk is the obvious example I can use, but Wanyama was excellent for a few years, and dembele at lyon is a quality striker
I looked at Wikipedia and it said he's only played 102 times for them since 2015 He was injured in 2016/17 then last year too .
I'm not saying he cant play but can he defend ,the premiership is a hard place to play !
PS Have u seen the clubs website ,its still listing all the players who have left on it .
Thinking about it, when i did see Van Dijk at Celtic, always looked like he was in second gear, hardly breaking sweat
What about Rodgers at Leicester how come he's not in for him, £20 million would probably clinch the deal

Tbf, chilwell aint no bad full back either - people get hung up on players and what other clubs are in for them, but the reality is that no-one was in for torreira last season and he was a great piece of business. The way I would look at it is similar to the way I look at our own situation - Tierney might well be an upgrade at left full for most teams in the premier league, but a lot of those other teams might be prioritizing other positions in the same way that we are/should be prioritizing our defence over everything else. I honestly feel that the Robertson is the only left full that is better than him in the premier league - chilwell and the kid at citeeh (zinchenko sp :oops: ) are both decent full backs to the point that their clubs could argue that the left back isn't a position of need for them.

I've seen him play and he's bang average, playing in the Scottish league is akin to playing women's football ffs.

He is not fit to lace robertsons boots, or Alonso who is superb and infinitely better than the sweaty sock, Digne at Everton is better, Mendy at city the same.

You're embarrassing yourself now - Alonso is a shocking left back and I would have either monreal or kolasniac ahead of him, and both of them are shit :roll: Defensively he has been raped continually down the chavs left side, and he wasn't even getting his place in their team at the end of the season :oops: :oops:

Not face to lace robertson's boots now, but did you say that when robertson was at hull ? Before he got into the victims team I constantly said that he was a good full back and should be starting for them - 2 years later playing in the premier league and champions league has improved him immensely, so maybe give tierney 2 years in premier league before you compare him to the 2018/2019 robertson :roll:

Love the celtic dig btw - I mean I'm Irish so I must be a big celtic fan right ? I picked out 1 player from an average team playing in an average league, but that equates to me being bias towards all celtic players and over-rating them cos they play for celtic :lol: Is this the part where you also start bringing in some secterian shit as well ? Said it before and I will say it again, you are an absolute bellend who only ever comes on here to knock something someone else says, but hey if that floats your boat you work away :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

With the new kit being launched on Monday, players contracts ending on 30th June and the players returning to pre-season I hope to see some movement both in and out over the next couple of weeks. I sincerely hope they don't piss about over a couple of million and then change players contracts once a fee agreed, as has happened in the past. If the club doesn't sign the key signings emery wants to bring in or the sell the players he wants out I can see Emery walking, as he knows the players currently at the club just aren't good enough to play his style or achieve better than they did last season.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bit of good news for a Friday, apparently Fenabache are interested in Mustafi, please let it be true :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Augie and Lefty - can you lads just block each other? You are both valued members of this forum and I'd hate it to ever get to a point where one of you walks or has to be banned for personal abuse. At the moment it's nowhere near that stage obviously but let's try and not let it get to that stage huh?

Yup I'm very proactive. Prevention is better than cure. Look on me as you might a contraceptive diaphragm. I'm here to prevent any mistakes happening.

And to have myself inserted in vaginas.

:lol: :wink:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 am
Bit of good news for a Friday, apparently Fenabache are interested in Mustafi, please let it be true :roll:
You fucking little tease :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

How much do we have to pay them

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:41 pm
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:

The only problem with the PL is that we can't afford to buy any of the LBs :lol:

We would end up having to pay £20M for a championship LB too :rubchin:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Aubameyang to ManUre.......allegedly

augie

Post by augie »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:34 pm

If a rookie kid with less than 1 full season in the premier league can command a transfer fee of £50m, auba would surely bring £90m+ to our transfer kitty ? :roll:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Eboue-Why? wrote:

it would be very arsenal to sell a player that has been heavily used in the new kit marketing

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:41 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:

it would be very arsenal to sell a player that has been heavily used in the new kit marketing

And so has ozil and the world knows that we are trying to get rid - marketing people use the most marketable players, and like it or not they are (with the exception of kolasniac) our most marketable players

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:17 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 am
You fucking little tease :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

How much do we have to pay them
:D :D :D

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

If the rumours of Aubameyang to Manure are true, that’s a disgrace! In my opinion it ranks alongside Van Persie. Don’t care if it brings in much needed funds, he’s our top scorer FFS! That can’t be allowed to happen again.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Sky going a bit nuts on Zaha to Arsenal at the moment :shock: