OFFICAL EURO 08 THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

Post by REB »

poor jens :banghead: ,, croatia will get another one on the break

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

How strong would croatia be if they had eduardo :roll:

Fuck you martin taylor,fuck you... :evil:

On a lighter note,thats me 800th post :D

REB

Post by REB »

poland one up,, austria going out with the swiss :barscarf:

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Chippy wrote:
Kevinho wrote:
Dicko wrote:who needs arsenal players when you have top crumpet nuno gomes to watch! Total random comment as down the pub watching before i go to arsenal for a survey and free shirt. So not read any of this thread!
Sorry, are you pissed?

:lol: :lol:
Kevinho, I think you don't know that Dicko is a lovely lady. :barscarf: if you did then I'm not sure I understand your comment. :oops: :oops:
Chippy I know Kevinho (in person) from before he signed up to this forum so he knows I'm a lovely lady. I think it was the randomness and the fact that I was in the pub as to why he was asking. I only had a couple of bottles of bud! Watched Portugal win, then I went up to Arsenal to a focus group organised by a research company on behalf of 02 for a couple of hours. There were 10 of us around the table quizzed about sponsors promotions and had we taken part in any. Basil she asked "Had any of us heard of the Arsenal Opus competition" I promptly stated "Yes my friend won it!". They got some ideas out of us for possible promotions that 02 can get involved in.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

:oops: :oops: :oops: hush my mouth :oops: :oops:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Czech Republic improved immensely yesterday, much better than their first match. It was good to see them ditch a tactic that involved playing it long to a player who is past his best. Portugal still have nice speed about them but their defence got rattled a bit. I didn't find their centre-back partnership, Pepe and Carvaho as impressive as I did in Portugal's first match against Turkey.

Switzerland vs Turkey, what a match! So far the most exciting and scintillating finish to a match. The first half with the rain was quite bad, and I found it a bit of joke as I expected them to stop the match. But well done, for fixing up the pitch in half-time. Did anyone notice that our Phil was the best player on the pitch when you couldn't play the ball on the floor any more? He played a couple of nice high through balls. Probably because he was the worst player in the pitch, it'd fit his style more :oops: Let's waterlog our pitch next season, in order to get the best out of Swiss Phil :lol: The second half was very exciting, and what a finish. I was genuinely celebrating when that winner went in. I think their left-winger who scored the winner, Arda Turan always looked good on the ball and at the age of only 21, we should keep an eye on him. Might be a star in making. I liked the way Turkish keeper Volkan played in both matches so far, he's 6 foot 5, only 26 and has some experience. He seems to have a good presence. But after Rustu Recber performance at World Cup, we shouldn't judge a goalie by some good performances in a one-off major tournament. So I think Arda Turan and Volkan are the two players to look out for in Turkey's final decisive match against Czech Republic.

Oh yeah and I am not sure if I am the only who noticed this after the Turkey match. Czech Republic and Turkey have the same goal difference, goals scored and conceded. So if they had a draw, they'd both be on 4 points, and nothing would separate them. The new UEFA rule says that teams on the same points are separated by the result between them but seeing that if a draw happens, it'll be impossible. So what happens? Well I read the UEFA site today and it said that Czech Republic and Turkey will have a penalty shoot-out if they draw :-P

Didn't really watch the Germany match properly today as I couldn't keep my eyes open properly and fell asleep but it seems Germany have holes in their defence. That is a thing that I've noticed so far, not a single side has had a really impressive defence so far. Portugal's defence looked good in their first match but against Czech Republic, it was shown that it can be breached. France's defence looked decent but it was against Romania and it's no good to have a good defence, when you won't score. Holland's defence will never be considered stern. A clearance of the line, a good save by Van der Sar and a failure to capitalised on a one-on-one by Toni provided Holland a clean-sheet. Italy got thrashed so not much to be said about their defence and that's very unusual when it comes to Italy. No Nesta and Cannavaro mean no genuine world-class centre-backs. I like Spain's defence but as Hiddink said, if they come up against a stronger opposition than Russia, they might struggle in defence. If Russia didn't have a woeful defence who don't know each other, seriously though these guys don't know each other properly :oops: :lol: And had Pogrebnyak and Arshavin, they could've been punished.

Well it looks like Portugal and Germany will meet each other in the quarter-final providing that Germany get a point in their match. So we are going to see a dark horse, be it Croatia or Czech Republic in semi-final. That's good for football. Croatia keep surprising you, didn't play well against Austria but a great reaction against Germany. Austia vs Poland, I slept though the whole match. Not because it was boring, I was just tired and I didn't even see a minute of the game until I woke up on the 85th minute.

tellysavallas

Post by tellysavallas »

>Lethal~Prodigy< wrote:How strong would croatia be if they had eduardo :roll:
I agree, with him Croatia will be favorite for title

http://vinovo.magnify.net/watch/playlis ... 8MYDQ93TVV
Crazy celebration in Croatia and highlights from match Croatia vs Germany

Kevinho

Post by Kevinho »

Chippy wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: hush my mouth :oops: :oops:

No worries Chippy, Dicko knows I was joshing. She is spot on and I am very much aware of her loveliness. :cheekkiss:

However your defence of her was admirable. :)

REB

Post by REB »

watching italy v romania,,,,
good game,, italians have to win or they could be going home early :barscarf:

REB

Post by REB »

RVP GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL :banner:

MizzNaughty

Post by MizzNaughty »

nice move! good to see him fit and scoring!!! :barscarf:

yahoo!!mo

Fabregas to miss out again

Post by yahoo!!mo »

Cesc has given an interview on the eve of spains next game he sounds pretty resigned to being used as a substitute despite setting up 1 and scoring the other when he came on last game. Thats why he left Barca in the first place cos he was caught in a traffic jam behind xavi and Iniesta the guy must be well pissed off!

http://rubyurl.com/HRWV
Last edited by yahoo!!mo on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:08 am, edited 8 times in total.

REB

Post by REB »

keeps him fresher for us :wink:

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

:shock: what a game,holland are superb.

nice to see rvp getting a goal aswell :barscarf:

yahoo!!mo

Post by yahoo!!mo »

rebel gooner wrote:keeps him fresher for us :wink:
lol thats true don't want him getting knackered, let that torres guy do all the running and tire himself out for next year :lol: