ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by rodders999 »

Even though I know it’s not the same it’s probably still a bit hypocritical of me in a way as I often slate the shit out of players on here but going on a player’s social media and giving them absolute pelters is beyond the pale for me. Ramsdale getting it from all angles and he hasn’t even officially signed yet.

Piss poor.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:39 pm
Even though I know it’s not the same it’s probably still a bit hypocritical of me in a way as I often slate the shit out of players on here but going on a player’s social media and giving them absolute pelters is beyond the pale for me. Ramsdale getting it from all angles and he hasn’t even officially signed yet.

Piss poor.
Really, personally I don't go on twatter or other formats but you cam just picture the sad no nothing individual's that do, absolute twats.

There's probably a nostradamus type fella on there giving him abuse behind his zimmer frame, sad fuckers

augie

Post by augie »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:10 pm
That Willian deal was fraud. Edu and Kia on the make.

Not having that at all - was edu and Kia picking the team too ? Peps cone boy wanted him and played him consistently for first few months even when he was shit

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:55 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:10 pm
That Willian deal was fraud. Edu and Kia on the make.

Not having that at all - was edu and Kia picking the team too ? Peps cone boy wanted him and played him consistently for first few months even when he was shit
Naive to say the least.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'm not a big fan of Odegaard however i know nothing about Aouar either but it is entirely possible the reason that Odegaard is preferred even though he is more expensive is that his contract demands are significantly less than Aouar's, and therefore the longterm deal works out cheaper for our skinflnt owners :rubchin:

£5M difference in price can easily be made back in players wages, dont forget Aouar was a regular starter last season and although the team did shit from what i have just read he was a stand out amongst the team for much of the season whereas Odegaard was mediocre for us and couldn't get a sniff at Real so their wage demands could be significantly different, added to the fact that they both play in different positions and Capt Black is clueless, i'm not actually sure they can be compared.... we all know we need and 8 not necessarily another 10 however Arteta, well lets just say i'm not convinced he knows anything :roll:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm
I'm not a big fan of Odegaard however i know nothing about Aouar either but it is entirely possible the reason that Odegaard is preferred even though he is more expensive is that his contract demands are significantly less than Aouar's, and therefore the longterm deal works out cheaper for our skinflnt owners :rubchin:

£5M difference in price can easily be made back in players wages, dont forget Aouar was a regular starter last season and although the team did shit from what i have just read he was a stand out amongst the team for much of the season whereas Odegaard was mediocre for us and couldn't get a sniff at Real so their wage demands could be significantly different, added to the fact that they both play in different positions and Capt Black is clueless, i'm not actually sure they can be compared.... we all know we need and 8 not necessarily another 10 however Arteta, well lets just say i'm not convinced he knows anything :roll:
We signed Runarsson on £40k per week when I think he was previously on £5k per week as a reserve goalie. What makes you think Odegaard has come here for chump change? :lol:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:12 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm

We signed Runarsson on £40k per week when I think he was previously on £5k per week as a reserve goalie. What makes you think Odegaard has come here for chump change? :lol:
if true this is the most scandalous piece of financial mismanagement going, how are the kroenkes or Tim Lewis allowing this? its financial self harm of an extreme degree. i can get a rise to 10 or 15 k maybe at a push (that would still be barmy imo) but 40k for a guy who is a reserve, is crap, and has no competition for the signing and would no doubt jump at the chance to join us on the same money as he is already plus a signing on fee and london weighting, it makes fuck all sense on any level.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:48 pm
According to @ChrisWheatley_, Lucas Torreira expressed his desire to compete for a place in the #Arsenal midfield - but was informed that he is not part of Mikel Arteta's plans for the new season. https://t.co/k7ex3F2V2V
at least twice the player as xhaka or elneny, yet arteta wont reintegrate him. yes hes been homesick failed to settle and wanted to leave because of that (as well as his poor treatment by us) but on form or even ff hes better than what we have and could make the CM look much better at a stroke alongside partey.

yet more self harm

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I don't go on twatter or other formats but you cam just picture the sad no nothing individual's that do, absolute twats.
Harsh on McD, he brings us inside info on transfers !! 😂😂😂

shu

Post by shu »

Jorginho short listed for uefa player of the year but hey ho when we were linked to him , well not good enough for us here

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

#afc Arsenal confirm Odegaard has rejoined, will wear the No8 shirt.

He will NOT be available for Sunday’s match with Chelsea, and Arsenal await visa clearance before he will be available for selection.

Midz

Post by Midz »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:35 am
#afc Arsenal confirm Odegaard has rejoined, will wear the No8 shirt.

He will NOT be available for Sunday’s match with Chelsea, and Arsenal await visa clearance before he will be available for selection.
Probably not the No 8 some on here wanted. :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Arteta’s comments at this press conference pretty much confirm my suspicions that he is being brought in to sit on the bench. Leno was excellent at the start of his career with us but the guy has been dreadful for a while and just oozes unwarranted arrogance.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

When Ramsdale signs we will be the biggest spenders in the window.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

northbank123 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:12 am
When Ramsdale signs we will be the biggest spenders in the window.
Unbelievable.
But is it just me or do we seem to be just trying to replace a load of crap with yet more crap?

Not one transfer has got me excited really.