ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Nos89 »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:29 pm
Top 4 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously mate, get a grip! There’s loyalty and there’s blind. Look at the performances against United, Everton, Forest and Burnley and say with a straight face that we can get 4th.

Arsenal will be lucky to finish 8th, really. We are struggling big time.
Okay united and Everton were bad, Aubameyang missed absolute sitters in those. The last two matches involved players who we've got rid of, and players barely fit or barely been in training. One win and we're 4th. One defeat and we're 7th. It's tight. With all players fit and firing we're a top 4 team. We've already shown we can do it. If we play like we did against City and Liverpool in the 1st leg, games we didn't win, we'll beat the most teams in the league.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:26 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:17 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:15 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:02 pm
In a few weeks time there will be boos ringing round the Emirates when the next fuck up comes and Kroenke will be laughing at the 60 K who helped enhance his bank balance. The only way change will ever happen is if the stadium becomes a ghost town but until then those going are contributing to this shit.
Fuck off. And change the record.
That's a bit unnecessary mate. It's an opinion. One probably shared by a few old school Gooners at this stage. Anyway, let's all keep calm and not get into petty spats. Cheers.
Pretty much the laziest argument you will ever see on this site. The deluded belief that erasing old school gooners from the stadium will lead to Kroenke upping and leaving. Or that somehow it will prompt him to splurge a load of money. The less of the old school the more of the casuals or the tourists that do genuinely drop their wallets in the Armoury and eat and drink in the concessions. Barking up the wrong tree in other words. It’s also fucking insulting and effectively an attack on our own fans. By default you are blaming season ticket holders for the cancer that is the Kroenke’s. It’s fucking way out of line. And I will call it out when I see it.
I'm not the one putting forward that theory. I don't judge anyone on how they want to spend their own hard earned. You can "call it out" without just telling fellow members to "fuck off". That's all I'm saying.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

https://twitter.com/SaintFrankly/status ... 1b6cw&s=19

:lol:

You have to laugh. Or explode. We are a joke club managed by a novice and owned by an absent owner that collects sports "franchises" the way I collect guitars. Only I'm not a bald wig wearing cùnt and my hobby doesn't negatively impact millions of people. :censored:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:17 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:15 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:02 pm
In a few weeks time there will be boos ringing round the Emirates when the next fuck up comes and Kroenke will be laughing at the 60 K who helped enhance his bank balance. The only way change will ever happen is if the stadium becomes a ghost town but until then those going are contributing to this shit.
Fuck off. And change the record.
That's a bit unnecessary mate. It's an opinion. One probably shared by a few old school Gooners at this stage. Anyway, let's all keep calm and not get into petty spats. Cheers.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, no place for insults, what exactly is and how old do you have to be to be an "old school gooner"?

Is 35+ years as a season ticket holder starting on the North Bank and Clockend terrace enough to qualify?

This blaming the season ticket holder for all that is wrong at Arsenal was done to death during the Wenger era or so I thought...

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

If we play like we did against City and Liverpool in the 1st leg, games we didn't win, we'll beat the most teams in the league.
Sorry mate but that’s like saying ‘if I win the lottery I’ll be rich’. You need to look at the performances over the season. There’s been loads of poor performances, some terrible and a handful of decent performances. Of course the players we let go are players most of us didn’t want at the club but having such a weak squad when 2 points off of 4th really makes little sense other than a money saving exercise!
If ESR (often injured) and Saka (knackered recently) are out for any length of time we will finish between 9th and 12th. No way are our first 11 going to be available for the rest of the season.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

On the positive side, we've off loaded a lot of dross, a distraction, trouble maker so good riddance.
We could argue we haven't signed any makeshift replacements and that it leaves the stage set for sweeping changes in the summer.
Whether or not that will happen and at what cost to the remainder of this season, remains to be seen.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Give it another 3-4 weeks and we will be playing in front of 35000 fans with rows of empty seats

I love the "if everyone stays fit" and "if we play like we did against City or Liverpool" arguments

How about WHEN we have six players missing as we always do, and when we stink the place out like we mostly do (Burnley, Forest, Everton, United, Liverpool home etc)????

My original midtable prediction looks most likely now. Our centre forward has 2 goals from open play in the PL, his back up has none. Our CDMs are Clubfoot Clive and the woefully inconsistent Partey. Behind them is a total novice

No chance, no hope, no Europe.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:52 am
Give it another 3-4 weeks and we will be playing in front of 35000 fans with rows of empty seats

I love the "if everyone stays fit" and "if we play like we did against City or Liverpool" arguments

How about WHEN we have six players missing as we always do, and when we stink the place out like we mostly do (Burnley, Forest, Everton, United, Liverpool home etc)????

My original midtable prediction looks most likely now. Our centre forward has 2 goals from open play in the PL, his back up has none. Our CDMs are Clubfoot Clive and the woefully inconsistent Partey. Behind them is a total novice

No chance, no hope, no Europe.
Partey likely to miss games through injuries and xhaka through suspensions..midfield is dire and no one to score the goals
Last edited by Redarmy on Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Not even Wenger at his most megomaniacal would have left us with just 16 senior outfield players and Xhaka with 17 games still to play.

I mean seriously go back and look at that list I posted, injuries, tiredness or suspensions and we can barely fill a bench never mind with players who can make a difference which we were struggling with before all this.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Went on twitter to see what the fan reaction is like and its frightening seeing all the deluded people still supporting arteta saying people are blind to the positives.

Wouldn't be surprised if they announce his contract extension very soon

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I reckon we will end up amongst the lowest scorers in the league in the second half of the season - imagine if Lacazette gets injured now. Its literally wantaway featherweight Nketiah for the rest of the season. Laca doesn't score many but he's one of the chief reasons why ESR, Odegaard, Martinelli and Saka have been weighing in. Imagine Eddie as the hold up player all season :D

Absolutely fucked

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:23 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:18 pm
Looking forward to Arsenal supporters going into meltdown at 11pm tonight because we haven't signed anyone. A point to remember we got to 4th without the players we've let go on loan this month, and when we needed them we haven't won a match. We've got enough in the squad to get 4th.
With a dire midfield and no one to score the goals cant see us making top 4 this year.....
Since we lost to Everton, Aubameyang's last game we were 7/8th. Since then we won 5 on the bounce and end December in 4th place. None of the players let go including Aubameyang played a part in getting us to 4th. So what's changed?

In those games with which you refer to, we beat teams that are not much better than the dog and duck 11 :roll: The "positive" games with which you refer are games that we failed to win, and in victimsland we werent an attacking force at all, and that is the point many are making

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:11 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:50 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:23 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:18 pm
Looking forward to Arsenal supporters going into meltdown at 11pm tonight because we haven't signed anyone. A point to remember we got to 4th without the players we've let go on loan this month, and when we needed them we haven't won a match. We've got enough in the squad to get 4th.
With a dire midfield and no one to score the goals cant see us making top 4 this year.....
Since we lost to Everton, Aubameyang's last game we were 7/8th. Since then we won 5 on the bounce and end December in 4th place. None of the players let go including Aubameyang played a part in getting us to 4th. So what's changed?

In those games with which you refer to, we beat teams that are not much better than the dog and duck 11 :roll: The "positive" games with which you refer are games that we failed to win, and in victimsland we werent an attacking force at all, and that is the point many are making
We are also now more vulnerable now through lack of numbers....if we get injuries which we undoubtedly will...could have the scenario of Elneny and Patino playing midfield...and Nketiah up front

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I think the view has been taken that because we are now not involved in any cups there are not actually that many matches left this season - then when there is outrage from the fan base they will pretend to sort this out with a summer transfer window.

The point is we will only react to problems ever - we never ever now show any ambition to get ahead of where we currently are.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Funny how the outlay for players in the summer seems to reduce when you factor in the savings in wages from those who have now departed, of course our owners are not interested in such things so only cynical bastards like me would notice these things :rubchin: