ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Topside Northbank

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Topside Northbank »

Laca should of scored a couple more this season as should of PEA and Nketiah but simply put we don't create a lot of clear cut chances anymore and we have missed some sitters but the oppostion keeper is very rarely worked hard.

No goals from central midfield so the pressure on the 10 or widemen to score ESR, Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard.

We create so little that every game we play the first goal is pivotal the opponents score first we never win under El Beige a shocking stat.

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

While everyone continues to argue how weak we are without players that were deemed never too good to play for the club, why are we literally giving players away, and why are they taking huge cuts in pay to ensure they get away?
Players labelled as mercenaries are getting paid pennies compared to what they were earning at the club

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Thank god we never got sucked in to wasting money on another 'Has Been'. Forget this season - play the young blokes & they'll develop. Happy days ahead !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Don’t hold your breath about Saliba coming back next season. Several reports about us trying to bring in Umtiti from Barca this window before he did his foot in. I think you’ll see Saliba sold for about 35-40m as he’s never going to sign a contract extension.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are planning the biggest spending spree in their history - with up to £180million budgeted for summer signings. Arsenal want Isak, Calvert-Lewin and Neves. [Mark Irwin]

Stan Kroenke is keen to show his faith in manager Mikel Arteta by providing the funds for a major squad upgrade. Arsenal have identified Isak, Calvert-Lewin and Neves as the young hungry players to take them to the next level.

Now boys :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Contract renewals for Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli & William Saliba are expected to be a priority for Arsenal in 2022.

[@TheAthleticUK] #afc

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:39 am
Don’t hold your breath about Saliba coming back next season. Several reports about us trying to bring in Umtiti from Barca this window before he did his foot in. I think you’ll see Saliba sold for about 35-40m as he’s never going to sign a contract extension.

Oh I agree with you absolutely on the saliba issue - fact is that pep's cone boy was never interested in seeing if saliba is good enough or not cos he got shot of him without even giving him a chance. Saliba has done well on loan this season and it seems to have given him a bit more confidence in himself, and as soon as pep's cone boy detects any sign of attitude or doesnt bow down to him, then he will be pimping him around europe on the spot

Dont agree on the umtiti part though buddy - surely every decent sized club by now recognises umtiti as the seriously injury prone player he is, and then wont sanction a move for him when he is on such big wages ? As one of those who didnt want ramsey resigned for those exact reasons, I find it amusing that the only real transfer options he had in January were to the geordies or rangers - hardly european elite clubs

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

After the online backlash about our non activity in the January window the old 'warchest' stories come out. Happens every year since the move from Highbury.

Either way two strikers and two midfield players are going to need to be bought in the summer minimum. Saliba if he goes without being given a chance mismanagement even if he comes back a new contract is a must, likewise Saka and Gabriel.

Stan might get the taste and buzz for winning if the Rams lift the superbowl.....I am taking the piss probably will not care either way.

Summer 2022 will be interesting either way if we don't decided to invest in good players again thats almost it for us for the next 5-10 years imo gems like Saka, ESR and though bought Martinelli are not going to come along again soon and will rightly be off sooner than later for CL football. The usual suspects will improve their squads and the decent prospect players we got last summer will be being targeted by the likes of Newcastle if they stay up.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I'd like Saliba to get a chance but bear In mind he is currently playing in League Un, a league which plenty off us have slated for competitivity in the past. There is no guarantee he will perform as well in the PL.

I am worried that Edu and Arteta are obsessed with building a young team, immaterial of how good youngsters are they still need good senior players around them to provide the benefit of their experience.

If Laca does go in the summer and no senior players are brought in it leaves the ever present fuckwit as the 'experienced' regular starter...... Now that is a truly frightening prospect

KingHenry

Post by KingHenry »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:51 am
Contract renewals for Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli & William Saliba are expected to be a priority for Arsenal in 2022.

[@TheAthleticUK] #afc
Yeah Saliba is going to sign a contact renewal after being buggered about by Captain Black. Arteta spent £50m on White and he wanted to bring in Umtiti this window. Saliba wont come back as long as Arteta is manager would you?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

News reports circulating that we are planning to promote three kids to the first team: Biereth, Azeez, and Rekik. Anyone seen anything of them at under 23 level? Any good? I think Azeez got a brief run with the first team last season IIRC?

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:24 pm
News reports circulating that we are planning to promote three kids to the first team: Biereth, Azeez, and Rekik. Anyone seen anything of them at under 23 level? Any good? I think Azeez got a brief run with the first team last season IIRC?
Steveo had a hard on for azeez a season or so back i think, so he must be diaby level of skills! but then he had one for balogun and he looked a handkerchief to eddies feather, so not sure of his judgement!

cant be worse than clive though!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:24 pm
Steveo had a hard on for azeez a season or so back i think, so he must be diaby level of skills! but then he had one for balogun and he looked a handkerchief to eddies feather, so not sure of his judgement!

cant be worse than clive though!
Very true my learned friend! 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:27 pm
I'd like Saliba to get a chance but bear In mind he is currently playing in League Un, a league which plenty off us have slated for competitivity in the past. There is no guarantee he will perform as well in the PL.

I am worried that Edu and Arteta are obsessed with building a young team, immaterial of how good youngsters are they still need good senior players around them to provide the benefit of their experience.

If Laca does go in the summer and no senior players are brought in it leaves the ever present fuckwit as the 'experienced' regular starter...... Now that is a truly frightening prospect
I think Saliba will be in the first team next season and we will see a switch to 3-4-3 with White in the centre, either that or play White as DM in front of Saliba / Gabriel in the way Fernandinho did at City. I think White played that position for both Leeds and Brighton, which may be the reason behind not buying a DM this January window, as there is a bigger picture to look at. The club will probably only sell Saliba if a £75m+ bid came in, which would be difficult for any club to turn down.
Given that our key targets have been made public ( :banghead: ) for the summer transfer window, I can't see why Arteta would keep Lacazette on, other than just to have a senior player in the squad?