Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: Red dippers A Sun 9th Apr KO 430pm

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:50 pm
If we get a point at City then we can also afford to get a point at Newcastle - and win the league by 1 point
We won’t.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:50 pm
If we get a point at City then we can also afford to get a point at Newcastle - and win the league by 1 point
I think we are going to have to get a point there I really do

All season I've been saying how vulnerable City are to dropping points but I just took a look at their run in

Leicester (h)
Arsenal (h)
Fulham (a)
West Ham (h)
Leeds (h)
Everton (a)
Chelsea (h)
Brentford (a)

If you had to handpick a series of games now against teams that have just about chucked it in or are dropping like a stone that would be the list. Leicester without manager and going down. Fulham haven't played well for over a month since they talked about Europe. West Ham and Leeds are both going for 5 apiece in those games, and the Chavs are anyone's away from home

Funnily enough a pumped up Everton who will need to kick and scream their way to a point are the only ones I see putting up any resistance and less likely Brentford if there is any hope of a Europa place

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Our only chance was with a big buffer so we can go away to City and afford to lose. Xhaka has just cost us the title.

City favourites now too.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We’ll get fuck all up at city if we put in a repeat performance to that, we coughed up 21 chances today - we do that with Haaland about and we’ll get destroyed.

So much of the season now hinges on the fitness of Saliba, the chaos Rob Holding brings will derail any title challenge over 8/9 games.

If we can get Saliba back and Partey actually turns up we’ve got a chance against them.

Big ifs though and all the ifs are on our side unfortunately.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Even at 2-0 i knew we wouldnt win.
I hate these c u n t s !
We wont win league now!
I hope every mothers son who had someone die at hillsboro, still lie in bed every nite wrestling with their conscience and absolvement if blame

Midz

Post by Midz »

That really was exhausting to watch!

Either team could argue that they should've won it as both had the chances to do it. Fortunately for us they didn't take all theirs but unfortunately nor did we.

Ramsdale was outstanding top-draw all the way.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City also have Brighton away which is yet to be rearranged.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:02 pm
City also have Brighton away which is yet to be rearranged.
Not even sure about them now. Yesterday has fucked their chances of the CL

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’m looking at that Everton game too steveo, last season when Everton were in the total shit near the end they pulled out home wins against united and the chavs to stay up.

We need Everton to have everything riding on that game against city, crowd will be electric, 100 miles an hour rush ball. Won’t suit city at all. Everton already got a point at the ethiad this season.

Brentford away lat game too, just need Brentford not to be on the beach so hopefully they’re chasing a Europa spot.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

I’ve been saying it for about a month. City will win every game. We had to be perfect as they will beat us and we couldn’t even draw one game.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:05 pm
I’m looking at that Everton game too steveo, last season when Everton were in the total shit near the end they pulled out home wins against united and the chavs to stay up.

We need Everton to have everything riding on that game against city, crowd will be electric, 100 miles an hour rush ball. Won’t suit city at all. Everton already got a point at the ethiad this season.

Brentford away lat game too, just need Brentford not to be on the beach so hopefully they’re chasing a Europa spot.
Big Dychey won't let us down mate :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A point today in the scheme of things isn't a disaster and for 40 minutes that was as good as it gets

The worry is that we were so easily swamped and lost all of our shape from 1-2 onwards. Ramsdale literally stopped that being a 4 goal hammering and all the same questions being asked again. Worrying

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

PP have city favs at 8_/11

We're 11/10

Midz

Post by Midz »

My wife said to me during the 2nd half "they've got that stupid fucking crowd behind them that only knows one song" :D :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:06 pm
I’ve been saying it for about a month. City will win every game. We had to be perfect as they will beat us and we couldn’t even draw one game.
If they just had league matches to play then yes they will.
However the big factor here is that they are still involved in the Champions league - and I will be cheering them on v Bayern Munich.
They have potentially 4 CL games and an FA Cup SF to play before the end of the league season, which will not be easy.