ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Stuart L (2)

Re: ALL Transfer talk - merged thread

Post by Stuart L (2) »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:40 pm
#SheffieldUnited are in advanced talks with #Arsenal over a deal for USA centre-back Auston Trusty. Fee in region of £5m has been agreed. Expected to travel for medical in coming days once deal is finalised. (w/ @skysports_sheth + @SkySports_Tim) skysports.com/transfer-centre #SUFC
£5m fee + £3m potential add ons + 30% sell on fee by all accounts

Midz

Post by Midz »

https://metro.co.uk/2023/08/01/david-ra ... mosaic_tag

David Raya agrees personal terms with Arsenal ahead of move from Brentford.

Players seem to agree personal terms with Arsenal very easily because of the huge wages we throw at them. I mean who's gonna say no to money?

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:36 pm
Thynker wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:18 pm
After upgrading Ramsdale, Gabriel has to be next.
He is a good out and out defender ( would have been amazing In the days of being able to tackle from behind ) but prone to the odd brain fart.

Our best centre back arguably was Tony Adams, who was also prone to cock ups …..in 89 season, he miscues at OT for a catastrophic og ( Lukic didn’t help ) and hauled down Dean Saunders for a pen in the 2-1 home defeat that looked like we had thrown the title away.

Not saying Gabriel is on a par with Adams, just pointing out that all players make errors ( Henry misses in the CL when one on one, Bergkamp missed pen v Mancs in the FA cup semi final last minute as examples )

Gabriel gets a fair amount of stick on here, but I don’t mind the guy. Still young for a centre half and the partnership with Saliba looked good. Not saying he’s Baresi, but we’ve had a lot worse and he is certainly passionate and gives his all. Bit early to be canning him, but that’s only my opinion of course.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:
He is a good out and out defender ( would have been amazing In the days of being able to tackle from behind ) but prone to the odd brain fart.

Our best centre back arguably was Tony Adams, who was also prone to cock ups …..in 89 season, he miscues at OT for a catastrophic og ( Lukic didn’t help ) and hauled down Dean Saunders for a pen in the 2-1 home defeat that looked like we had thrown the title away.

Not saying Gabriel is on a par with Adams, just pointing out that all players make errors ( Henry misses in the CL when one on one, Bergkamp missed pen v Mancs in the FA cup semi final last minute as examples )

Gabriel gets a fair amount of stick on here, but I don’t mind the guy. Still young for a centre half and the partnership with Saliba looked good. Not saying he’s Baresi, but we’ve had a lot worse and he is certainly passionate and gives his all. Bit early to be canning him, but that’s only my opinion of course.

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:08 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

One more physical. One the ball player - it makes a good partnership to have differing skill sets.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:14 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

One more physical. One the ball player - it makes a good partnership to have differing skill sets.
Yes, agreed. Like Adams and Bould. Adams was all endeavour, but could be rash at times, especially in his younger days, but Bould would quietly clean up behind him when necessary.

Bouldy was a very underrated player. Hard as nails and would clean players out from behind, but he was good on the ball. Better on the ball than TA.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:28 pm
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

Yes, agreed. Like Adams and Bould. Adams was all endeavour, but could be rash at times, especially in his younger days, but Bould would quietly clean up behind him when necessary.

Bouldy was a very underrated player. Hard as nails and would clean players out from behind, but he was good on the ball. Better on the ball than TA.
Should have played more for England IMO , was a class act

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Arsenal are still hotly pursuing the signing of Eintracht Frankfurt’s Danish forward, Jesper Lindstrøm [Via - @EkstraBladet].

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Stuart L (2) wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

Plus he can be a bit of a shithouse when needed which is something we've missed for years!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

I think Gabriel is under-rated, the mistakes that he is involved with are usually down to other players; 2 incidents last season were all down to the cun.t who shall not be named but has now (thank-the -fuck) fucked off to Leverkusen - Even when he is not having what you might call a Good Game - He still doesn't hide away. As for Raya a very decent GK but Ramsdale is still the better, at leats at the moment. Time will tell.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:27 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

I think Gabriel is under-rated, the mistakes that he is involved with are usually down to other players; 2 incidents last season were all down to the cun.t who shall not be named but has now (thank-the -fuck) fucked off to Leverkusen - Even when he is not having what you might call a Good Game - He still doesn't hide away. As for Raya a very decent GK but Ramsdale is still the better, at leats at the moment. Time will tell.

All the stats out there suggest otherwise though - I'll admit that I dont know enough about Raya to have a definitive opinion on this, and I'll also say that I'm usually not big on the use of stats in football either, but I will say again that ramsdale does not fill me with confidence and is at times too cocky for a keeper that makes that many mistakes

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:06 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:27 am
Retro Gunner wrote:
Stuart L (2) wrote:
Thynker wrote:

All the stats out there suggest otherwise though - I'll admit that I dont know enough about Raya to have a definitive opinion on this, and I'll also say that I'm usually not big on the use of stats in football either, but I will say again that ramsdale does not fill me with confidence and is at times too cocky for a keeper that makes that many mistakes
So perhaps competition for him could be the right thing to do , I still think theres a very good keeper there but have been some worrying trends lately as well as his positioning.
I think we should be looking at the coach as well who is great friends with Raya and recommended Runarsson. The issues with Aaron could be ironed out with a good coach, Ive mentioned before our coach worries me, wish Bob was still here.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🆕 Beşiktaş are interested in signing Nicolas Pépé whilst Auston Trusty is set to leave for Sheffield United for a fee of £5m. 💰

[via @sr_collings].

🚨 BREAKING: Nicolas Pépé is very close to joining Besiktas. It would be a contract termination with Arsenal. Exclusive by @TMtr_news.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:34 pm
🆕 Beşiktaş are interested in signing Nicolas Pépé whilst Auston Trusty is set to leave for Sheffield United for a fee of £5m. 💰

[via @sr_collings].

🚨 BREAKING: Nicolas Pépé is very close to joining Besiktas. It would be a contract termination with Arsenal. Exclusive by @TMtr_news.
We just need to get him off our books, so the money can be put to better purposes/ player/s. How do Contract Terminations (usually) work, do we have to pay him off till the end of his contract or is it a case of negotiation with his agent.

He just never hit the ground running really; it happens :? If he wasn't leaving as a Millionaire I might feel sorry for him.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🚨Exclusive: Arsenal winger Marquinhos looks set to join Olympiacos on loan following spell with Norwich, per sources in Greece. @RyanTaylorSport