VAR

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: VAR

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:45 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 pm
PGMOL, PL and FA are meeting this week I think to discuss expanding VAR to cover all free kicks, second yellow cards and other things. Games will be 2 hours long!!

I think this could end up needing all fans to boycott going to matches unless they bin VAR. It's probably the only thing that will stop it now.

When I read that this morning the first thing that popped into my head is that Steve O is correct and that they are doing this to ensure a fan backlash to get rid of var - even as things stand fans are complaining about too many delays, and the poor pampered players and their union are crying about too much injury time leading to more injuries, so making it worse can only lead to a major backlash and they know that
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
PGMOL, PL and FA are meeting this week I think to discuss expanding VAR to cover all free kicks, second yellow cards and other things. Games will be 2 hours long!!

I think this could end up needing all fans to boycott going to matches unless they bin VAR. It's probably the only thing that will stop it now.

When I read that this morning the first thing that popped into my head is that Steve O is correct and that they are doing this to ensure a fan backlash to get rid of var - even as things stand fans are complaining about too many delays, and the poor pampered players and their union are crying about too much injury time leading to more injuries, so making it worse can only lead to a major backlash and they know that
Tbh I still do not buy SteveO's conspiracy theory because like most conspiracy theories it relies on too many people being involved and yet none of them go public and say "hey hang on, we are deliberately doing whatever etc blah blah".

But more importantly I DONT FUCKING CARE WHO OR WHAT WANTS TO GET RID OF IT. It has to go. It has fucking ruined football as a spectator sport.

The biggest joy in football used to be that sudden elation and adrenaline rush of a goal being scored. That instant. That is fucking gone now. To be replaced with a wait while some statto virgin in a fucking caravan miles away desperately tries to find a reason to disallow the goal. Fuck off. :censored:

FUCK VAR DEAD. :censored: :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

There used to be a question on some Football programme that the presenter would ask Profesional players, something along the lines of

"Which is better scoring a goal or Sex?" and without exception every player would Laugh, but then would give it some thought be fore answering - Obviously some would answer knowing their missus might be listening.

Can you imagine watching football without the Goals... the Thrill and Utter Abandonment of All Reason when your team scores a goal and all the Banter then given to the opposition fans etc...

VAR is / has destroyed that "Feeling"; VAR in Football is like having Sex without the Orgasm. :-P :oops: :?

augie

Post by augie »

Buddy you are preaching to the converted except in this case I wasnt converted cos I never wanted var in the first place - some fans had a mis-guided notion that var would stop the corrupt/cheating referee's in their tracks, but to my mind I never bought into that. The ONLY thing that will put a stop to corrupt match officials is sackings and as we have seen, that is never gonna happen anyway. I dont want to go overboard on the "corrupt match officials" theory cos I believe that for the most part we are talking about massive incompetence rather than massive corruption, but I do wonder about a few of the match officials involved. Consequences is the only thing that is going to raise the standard of refereeing in premier league - the threat of being thrown off the big money premier league gravy train should be enough to waken up those capable of upping their game, but there will still be referee's incapable of handling the pressure or speed of the games at the top level, and for them there needs to be a recognition that they are not up to the job and they should be put in a standard more befitting their ability.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:18 pm
There used to be a question on some Football programme that the presenter would ask Profesional players, something along the lines of

"Which is better scoring a goal or Sex?" and without exception every player would Laugh, but then would give it some thought be fore answering - Obviously some would answer knowing their missus might be listening.

Can you imagine watching football without the Goals... the Thrill and Utter Abandonment of All Reason when your team scores a goal and all the Banter then given to the opposition fans etc...

VAR is / has destroyed that "Feeling"; VAR in Football is like having Sex without the Orgasm. :-P :oops: :?

I bet it was it your missus that came up with that line?? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:46 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

No mate that's what I said to yours.

:D :wink:

Stuart L (2)

Post by Stuart L (2) »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:25 pm
Big portion of fraud this evening. Let’s hope Wolves don’t get compensated versus us at the weekend.
Was my first thought too, a couple of huge decisions their way to make up for it

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just to show that VAR/PGMOL aren't Biased or Corrupt or anything so fanciful as that, it is 100% Gauranteed that they will make-up for the Four Horrendous decisions they have made against Wolves in the last 3 games by awarding them 2 Non-existent Penalties and Red Carding one of our players for sneezing near the referee. Oh! And of course following Arteta's outburst they will Yellow Card him for not being a baldy.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:57 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Come on OBG, where's your originality? Using the same line is always a fail.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:43 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Uhhhmmm Okay..

That's what I said to Your Missus! :D :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:45 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

Uhhhmmm Okay..

Oh dear.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:53 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:45 pm
Retro Gunner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Uhhhmmm Okay..

Oh dear.
And that's what she said she said to you.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:51 pm
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Tbh I still do not buy SteveO's conspiracy theory because like most conspiracy theories it relies on too many people being involved and yet none of them go public and say "hey hang on, we are deliberately doing whatever etc blah blah".

But more importantly I DONT FUCKING CARE WHO OR WHAT WANTS TO GET RID OF IT. It has to go. It has fucking ruined football as a spectator sport.

The biggest joy in football used to be that sudden elation and adrenaline rush of a goal being scored. That instant. That is fucking gone now. To be replaced with a wait while some statto virgin in a fucking caravan miles away desperately tries to find a reason to disallow the goal. Fuck off. :censored:

I know I’m gonna need my tin hat for this,and it’s purely as an ex football fan,but imagine that Macho Camacho goal Sunday was disallowed,imagine VAR meddling into some of the greatest moments in the game,imagine May ‘89 at Anfield with VAR,that moment of extasy being wiped out 4 minutes later by some c unt who never played the game in a caravan somewhere,

I think seriously SKY and TNT love this though,it means they can have “ref watch” and not have to fill 2 hours of their day with more shit,football is over,it’s finished,and if this sin bin bollocks comes in then I hope fans Jack their season tickets in nationwide and support non league football with no VAR.

Football should have never been touched,the rules on Hackney Marshes should be the exact same rules as in the World Cup final,1 referee,2 Lino’s and you live with the human error (as annoying as that is) simple’s as that. :banghead: :banghead:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

robbo10 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:51 pm
augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

augie wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

I know I’m gonna need my tin hat for this,and it’s purely as an ex football fan,but imagine that Macho Camacho goal Sunday was disallowed,imagine VAR meddling into some of the greatest moments in the game,imagine May ‘89 at Anfield with VAR,that moment of extasy being wiped out 4 minutes later by some c unt who never played the game in a caravan somewhere,

I think seriously SKY and TNT love this though,it means they can have “ref watch” and not have to fill 2 hours of their day with more shit,football is over,it’s finished,and if this sin bin bollocks comes in then I hope fans Jack their season tickets in nationwide and support non league football with no VAR.

Football should have never been touched,the rules on Hackney Marshes should be the exact same rules as in the World Cup final,1 referee,2 Lino’s and you live with the human error (as annoying as that is) simple’s as that. :banghead: :banghead:
If we had VAR we would have won the Champions League in Paris.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is Heart Warming to Know That Occasionally VAR does Get Things Right:

The noticeable thing is that 99% of the hypocritical media were empathising and sympathising with the Fat Bellied, Sister-RapingCuntyBarcodes and their eat-shit-and-smile -manager fawning over him.

All those pundits etc who said Arteta was wrong to use the term "Disgraceful" ( remember how they said he showed 'No Respect' ) They were all using that exact same word... BunchaCUNTYCUNTS.

Fuck the Fat-Bellied Sister-Raping-barcooood GobshiteCUUUNTS...

68Years and 205Days And Counting! Since they won a Trophy and LONG May That Continue!

VAR! :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Once again, a change to the existing mess will have to be made because of useless, cheating, corrupt refs who will then of course, complain and still manage to be fucking useless. How much more proof do we need that the refs are fucking shit?
Exactly mate, VAR can never be the answer because the same shit/biased/incompetent refs are the people making the VAR decisions!! :banghead:

Italy have announced they are training specific VAR teams to run it which I think needs to happen, they need to be totally independent from the referees though.

Incidentally, interesting to read how VAR is going in Europe (BBC report). Germany and Italy is kind of OK but not great and in France it's a disaster, big probs every week, everyone hates it, including managers, players etc.
Evidently, in Spain now, when VAR looks at something, if it looks long winded and difficult to call, they just say play on as it's not clear......what a fucking novel idea, keep the game moving quicker and don't interrupt for a toenail offside :banghead:

For me, the single, massive improvement that should be made is to change the law on offside. Make it that there has to be an actual gap (whole body) between attacker and defender for him to be offside, if any part of the attackers body is level with the defender, he's onside. More goals, hardly any stoppages for offside, hardly any goals ruled out because the law will be much clearer. Searching for a few millimetres of a body part to be offside is a fucking joke.