Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BFG4

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by BFG4 »

This ^^100%. Sky and TNT pretending that City have achieved some sort of organic success is farcical. In no other walk of life would you be charged so extensively and still be able to carry on you're job. Pep will be back in Spain long before any 'punishment' is carried down.

augie

Post by augie »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:30 am
This ^^100%. Sky and TNT pretending that City have achieved some sort of organic success is farcical. In no other walk of life would you be charged so extensively and still be able to carry on you're job. Pep will be back in Spain long before any 'punishment' is carried down.

Pep will go at the end of this season I think - he knows the 115 charges are coming after them, plus we have seen incidences of player tantrums (de bruyne v the victims and keeper last night) that wouldnt have happened in the past, and every manager has a shelf life with a team and I think he will know that his has expired with this team

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:06 pm
BFG4 wrote:

Pep will go at the end of this season I think - he knows the 115 charges are coming after them, plus we have seen incidences of player tantrums (de bruyne v the victims and keeper last night) that wouldnt have happened in the past, and every manager has a shelf life with a team and I think he will know that his has expired with this team
I think he will stay.
For starters City are likely to escape punishment for the charges against them as they will have the best lawyers in the world working for them.

Secondly - any move from City is down

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:06 pm
BFG4 wrote:

The moment he knows the game is up, he'll be off for another one of his "breaks" from the game. Then he'll end up at PSG doing the same thing all over again with the wealthiest club in the league and his mates in the press will fawn over him again.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Agree that Pep will stay; at least for one more, maybe two seasons then he will be off-ski for another Annual Break to count his money and think about new systems and tactics at his leisure, then to PSG to earn more millions and get their owners to buy what players he wants, he may well turn his attention to the likes of Saka, Saliba & Rice.

As for the 115 Charges if they were going to do Anything other than a fine, a slap on the wrist and a minuscule fine (seeing as the Arabs have bottomless pockets) so nothing of any importance will happen.

man cheaty buy another trophy. It's just fucking depressing.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Pep is the most over rated manager of all time. Had the best player in the world at his disposal while at Barca. Went to a one team league to Bayern(did fuck all in Europe with them). Then ends up at a club with unlimited funds. He is effectively playing fifa in real life while at City. If he and Klopp did both fuck off this summer, it would be glorious to see these attention seeking twats both gone.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:49 pm
Pep is the most over rated manager of all time. Had the best player in the world at his disposal while at Barca. Went to a one team league to Bayern(did fuck all in Europe with them). Then ends up at a club with unlimited funds. He is effectively playing fifa in real life while at City. If he and Klopp did both fuck off this summer, it would be glorious to see these attention seeking twats both gone.
Agreed 100%.

Like Moron-hio before him, he is the "best manager" in the league only when at the richest club in the league and allowed to spend what he wants. :roll:

If he did leave cheateh and they got properly punished and relegated by the PL the sport might actually become enjoyable again.

With Stupid Teeth going we are halfway to getting a watchable PL back..... get rid the fuck of the bald spoofer from cheateh and we'd take another major step towards proper football.

Wipe out cheateh and we are there! :barscarf:

Of course this will devastate the couple of soccer fanboys on here that have "Pep" and "Kloppy" posters on the walls of their grief bunkers in their mom's basements. :roll: :lol:

EssexGooner1981

Post by EssexGooner1981 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:04 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Agreed 100%.

Like Moron-hio before him, he is the "best manager" in the league only when at the richest club in the league and allowed to spend what he wants. :roll:

If he did leave cheateh and they got properly punished and relegated by the PL the sport might actually become enjoyable again.

With Stupid Teeth going we are halfway to getting a watchable PL back..... get rid the fuck of the bald spoofer from cheateh and we'd take another major step towards proper football.

Of course this will devastate the couple of soccer fanboys on here that have "Pep" and "Kloppy" posters on the walls of their grief bunkers in their mom's basements. :roll: :lol:
I'm sure any of us as manager could get results with the money and squad at his disposal.

It's like I really hate Ramos and think he's a flat-track hatchet man who gets exposed vs. actually decent forwards, but people go "But look at all the trophies he's won!"

Mate, give me 12 months to get match fit and put me in that Real Madrid team at right back and watch me win trophies.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

City will be found guilty.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:01 pm
Of course the will, but it’s the punishment that matters the most. If they get a heavy fine then it’s all pointless.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Of course the will, but it’s the punishment that matters the most. If they get a heavy fine then it’s all pointless.
Exactly. The finding them guilty bit is inconsequential. Of course they will be found guilty. No way the PL can just ignore 115 charges. But if the punishment is a fine it is completely meaningless. It has to be points deduction and/or relegation plus revoking of trophies they accumulated while cheating.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

It has to be points deduction and/or relegation plus revoking of trophies they accumulated while cheating.

Not going to happen !

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:04 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Exactly. The finding them guilty bit is inconsequential. Of course they will be found guilty. No way the PL can just ignore 115 charges. But if the punishment is a fine it is completely meaningless. It has to be points deduction and/or relegation plus revoking of trophies they accumulated while cheating.

Funnily enough I dont want the revoking of trophies - for most semi intelligent people the guilty verdict will tarnish those successes anyway, but how could any self respecting person celebrate their team suddenly being awarded the league title years after the event ?? I would have no issues pointing out to rival fans that we would have won those titles had citeeh not cheated, but that would be on my terms - if the premier league all of a sudden declared us as champions last season (for example), then every scum, chav, manure fan would all start giving out large that it isnt a real title win and we would lose that moral victory in my opinion

augie

Post by augie »

EssexGooner1981 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 2:04 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Agreed 100%.

I'm sure any of us as manager could get results with the money and squad at his disposal.

It's like I really hate Ramos and think he's a flat-track hatchet man who gets exposed vs. actually decent forwards, but people go "But look at all the trophies he's won!"

Mate, give me 12 months to get match fit and put me in that Real Madrid team at right back and watch me win trophies.

I'm curious to know why that logic is never applied to the cone boy :rubchin: If we are honest here, we would probably get 5 players on the best 11 selection from their squad and ours, yet when some Gooners our achievements are being lauded as if we are overachieving with an average squad

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The titles wouldn't be awarded to the teams that finished second Augie, they'd be voided for those seasons.

Void the lot and send the cheating fucks down to the Conference :twisted: