BLACKBURN THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Wayno

Post by Wayno »

Blackburn to win 2-1 :cry:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Bring Back Pires wrote:Can't we enjoy progressing to the QF's of the Champions League before concerning ourselves with this glamour tie against Blackburn?

I swear that if we won the CL and FA Cup double within the space of four days at the end of May, some loser would thrash up a "Barnet away - pre-season friendly thread" a minute after the final whistle.

If the club's recent deterrioration has taught us anything, it's to enjoy the good times whilst they last. Blackburn is another story for another day (even if that day is as soon as tomorrow). For the time-being, let's celebrate a place in the last eight of Europe's finest competition!

:barscarf:
think we will beat barnet 4-0 :barscarf:

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

1-0 Persie to score

North bank girl

Post by North bank girl »

I've changed my mind! I'm saying 4-1 :barscarf:

afc-bob

Post by afc-bob »

im in yellow quadrant block 123.. Is that good seats :?:

REB

Post by REB »

afc-bob wrote:im in yellow quadrant block 123.. Is that good seats :?:
yeah, above the away fans

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Generally I would say that any Allardyce team is hard to beat because of their sheer physical aggression. The thing is that this is not an Allardyce team is it. It is what he has inherited. Blackburn will not be his until next season.
Given our exersions in midweek I can see several changes for the weekend. I think Arshavin will be back in along with Djourou and Gibbs. Song will probably start in the middle and there is a possibility that we might see Vela again.
This really is a make or break weekend for us. If Villa win then we have to. Simple as that!
I'm going for a dour and boring 1-0 win.

Sir Denis

Post by Sir Denis »

2-0 to us, RVP to score

Fat Sam picks his games for turning up these days, beating Fulham away Wednesday night was their result of the week.

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I think our lads will be flat. Following the exhilaration of a pen shoot out in rome :-P its a bit of a let down to be playing Blackburn. I think on the other hand Bburn will be up for it having beaten Fulham. Dour (dire?) 1-1 and I will be there!

King_Kolo

Post by King_Kolo »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Generally I would say that any Allardyce team is hard to beat because of their sheer physical aggression. The thing is that this is not an Allardyce team is it. It is what he has inherited. Blackburn will not be his until next season.
Given our exersions in midweek I can see several changes for the weekend. I think Arshavin will be back in along with Djourou and Gibbs. Song will probably start in the middle and there is a possibility that we might see Vela again.
This really is a make or break weekend for us. If Villa win then we have to. Simple as that!
I'm going for a dour and boring 1-0 win.
Villa play on Sunday, so this is a chance to really put the sh*ts up them - if we win we definitely go fourth for at least 24 hours on goal difference. Then hopefully the scum can do us a favour...

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

i see a nice 4-0 win... to us obviously

augie

Post by augie »

Hard game to call this one - we know that fat *word censored* will play a defensive formation with his thugs kicking anything in red that moves and they will be boosted after their fulham result. On the other hand we could also be boosted by our result and kick on if the players realise how shit they were wed night and buck up their ideas but in honesty they are probably more likely to start thinking they are the mutts nuts again and play like its a leisurely park game - 1-1 draw for me with them *word censored* taking the lead :cry:

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

The one thing we can all agree on we cant play as bad as we did on wednesday.Can we?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Loads of changes due to tiredness so fearing a disjointed performance. We have to get an early goal otherwise NIL FUCKING NIL AGAIN

MyOldMan

Post by MyOldMan »

Almunia

Eboue Toure Gallas Gibbs

Song
Walcott Nasri
Arshavin

Van Persie Vela