Champions league draw prediction

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
jamjc64

Champions league draw prediction

Post by jamjc64 »

Well as its nearly Friday and quite quiet on here, what scheme do you think Platini will come up with to keep the English teams together in the draw ( heavy balls ) :oops:

i think

A side.......................................................... B side

Arsenal v Porto...................................... Chavs v Barcelona
Bayern v Villarreal..................................Liverpool v Mancs

Think i maybe a bit bias :D
Last edited by jamjc64 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BRAZILLIANT 19

Post by BRAZILLIANT 19 »

After the result at the weekend it would be pretty funny for the mancs to draw the bin-dippers. I personally think all 4 english teams will be drawn against each other in the 1/4's with the 2 winners playing each other in the semi's. Can't see UEFA allowing the possibility of another all-english final

NBM

Post by NBM »

I've just got this feeling that we'll get the Chavs. Dunno why.

Would like to see United and Barca get eachother in the other half to us too.

Boomer

Re: Champions league draw prediction

Post by Boomer »

jamjc64 wrote:Well as its nearly Friday and quite quiet on here, what scheme do you think Platini will come up with to keep the English teams together in the draw ( heavy balls ) :oops:

i think

A side B side

Arsenal v Porto Chavs v Barcelona
Bayern v Villarreal Liverpool v Mancs

Don't want to piss on your parade but it quiet because the Irish clan on here, which is around half of the members :wink:, are getting pissed. Whilst the others realise that this is the calm before the storm.

We're playing hulll tonight so they'll be serveral threads tonight and in the morning on that plus the usual Eboue & Bendtner 'were shit' mutiple thread regardless whether they played or not.

I'd be suprised if this was still on the front page by then. :? Sorry.
That if Spuddy hasn't deleted it. :lol:

:)

NBM

Post by NBM »

Boomer wrote:
jamjc64 wrote:Well as its nearly Friday and quite quiet on here, what scheme do you think Platini will come up with to keep the English teams together in the draw ( heavy balls ) :oops:

i think

A side B side

Arsenal v Porto Chavs v Barcelona
Bayern v Villarreal Liverpool v Mancs

Don't want to piss on your parade but it quiet because the Irish clan on here, which is around half of the members :wink:, are getting pissed. Whilst the others realise that this is the calm before the storm.

We're playing hulll tonight so they'll be serveral threads tonight and in the morning on that plus the usual Eboue & Bendtner 'were shit' mutiple thread regardless whether they played or not.

I'd be suprised if this was still on the front page by then. :? Sorry.
That if Spuddy hasn't deleted it. :lol:

:)
Na, we can bump this tomorrow and thursday then he can delete the others :lol:

It really is going to be messy on here tonight isn't it! Bet it'll be quiet again tomorrow though! :wink:

projoe

Post by projoe »

jamjc64 wrote: A side.......................................................... B side

Arsenal v Porto...................................... Chavs v Barcelona
Bayern v Villarreal..................................Liverpool v Mancs
i think youre dreaming a bit there. that would be the perfect draw for us.

my prediction:

a side
arsenal v chavs
liverpool v bayern munich

b side:
mancs v villarreal
barcelona v porto

then it will be an arsenal v mancs final just like the fa cup, we'll play them in 2 finals in a few days

:barscarf:

Drone

Post by Drone »

I wish anyone but Porto or Villareal, we allways showed amture when playing against big teams, but the players will think the same playing against a weaker team and they will lose.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Whats with the A-side B-side business?? Is it not just a free for all now? Ive missed something here.

By the way, A big thankyou too 'THE ENGLISH PUB' Morocco Agadir for putting on Roma v Arsenal just for me last week.

paperclip

Post by paperclip »

We'll get Munich. I promise.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

BRAZILLIANT 19 wrote:After the result at the weekend it would be pretty funny for the mancs to draw the bin-dippers. I personally think all 4 english teams will be drawn against each other in the 1/4's with the 2 winners playing each other in the semi's. Can't see UEFA allowing the possibility of another all-english final
That's exactly what I said a couple of weeks ago.

I can see us meeting the chavs (london derby) whilst the mancs play the bin dippers (northwest derby). Both games would be good for revenues and would ensure only one team gets to the final. UEFA stated last year that they would not want a repeat of an all English final as they lost a lot of money through some countries not taking their television broadcasts etc.

The only way it won't happen is if they realise how obvious it would be. I can see them taking a chance with a club that they don't think will progress further than the next round i.e. us! It could be something like this

chavs v villareal
manure v bindippers

with the winners playing each other

then
barca v the worlds best team
bayern v porto

with the winners playing each other

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

RocastleRock wrote:Whats with the A-side B-side business?? Is it not just a free for all now? Ive missed something here.

By the way, A big thankyou too 'THE ENGLISH PUB' Morocco Agadir for putting on Roma v Arsenal just for me last week.
The draw is for the semi as well so they say winner of match x plys winner of match y etc.

xDAVEYx

Post by xDAVEYx »

hang on lads, are we ALL implying that UEFA rig the draw for the sake of TV ratings?!

:lol:

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

it's the old trick where they make for example the english clubs balls hot and the others cold or not altering them thus whoever is picking knows basically who is who.

benglenton

Post by benglenton »

we'll get man united

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

i can see us getting liverpool..... if we do bring the *word censored* on