Anyone a fan of Denilson, Eboue or Song on here?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Tom14

Anyone a fan of Denilson, Eboue or Song on here?

Post by Tom14 »

The recent podcast was not to complimentary, but, as I am new to the forum, I would like to know if anyone is a big fan of any of them?

I am known (on the sites I go on) as a Denilson fan, but I have also been a big fan of Song and Eboue for a long while. I personally see no reason to sell any of them.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Re: Anyone a fan of Denilson, Eboue or Song on here?

Post by franksav63 »

Tom14 wrote:The recent podcast was not to complimentary, but, as I am new to the forum, I would like to know if anyone is a big fan of any of them?

I am known (on the sites I go on) as a Denilson fan, but I have also been a big fan of Song and Eboue for a long while. I personally see no reason to sell any of them.
Blimey Tom, you have certainly lit the fuse with this thread....

Denilson IMO has improved vastly over the last few months, but needs to brush up on his passing short and long range.

Song, has also improved of late, but I think he is too slow and cumbersome to play in our midfield and also his passing is scattergun at best.

Eboue, what can you say about him, apart from he has come back well from the barracking he received against Wigan, but a right midfield player he certinaly is not. He is a backup right back and that's it. He's diving, and moaning drives me mad, but for once I couldn't believe against Villareal he didn't dive in the 1st half when he had a chance to.

In summary, would any of these players have got into the invincibles team, I would say IMO..... No.

Reg Niseth

Re: Anyone a fan of Denilson, Eboue or Song on here?

Post by Reg Niseth »

Tom14 wrote: I am known (on the sites I go on) as a Denilson fan, but I have also been a big fan of Song and Eboue for a long while.
Easily pleased then!

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

You are the bravest man i have seen writing on this forum :roll:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

I can see where this is going.

I'm not a fan of any paticular player but the team as whole.
That being said, I think Denilson is too weak and just a very poor mans Cesc IMO.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Must be Tom Aged 14. :shock:

barnfield88

Post by barnfield88 »

Im a fan of Denilson and Song. Even though Denilson doesnt quite have the quality, he has the heart and every game he runs his socks off and atleast tries unlike some.... Song has the quality to be great, but some games he does go missing, but he has shown he can put a tackle in, as for eboue, i wouldnt say im a fan, but after that wigan game, when he torn apart by his own fans, i have had a little soft spot for him and fair play to him for bouncing back from that......

Tom14

Denilson

Post by Tom14 »

Denilson is nothing like Fabregas in reality. He is a small Gilberto, but a lot faster and more of a tough little cookie. He reads the game really well.

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

RocastleRock wrote:Must be Tom Aged 14. :shock:
Or it's another alter ego by someone well known......

Tom14

Post by Tom14 »

I think Eboue has quite a lot of footballing quality compared to some of our players. He is by no means Arshavin, but he can take players on better than Walcott.

Irish Gooner

Re: Denilson

Post by Irish Gooner »

Tom14 wrote: more of a tough little cookie
Nothing tough about him. He's a weak little girl that goes over when barely touched.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Tom14 = Panto :x

franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Tom14 wrote:I think Eboue has quite a lot of footballing quality compared to some of our players. He is by no means Arshavin, but he can take players on better than Walcott.

Already sussed you pal..... It's RADFORD.......

Tom14

Post by Tom14 »

Denilson is tough. You just need to watch him. He is a really good player. Best tackler in our midfield, very good interceptor and his positional play is brilliant.

Song seems better in an attacking role, but he also has a decent amount of defensive ability.

And I am not a Walcott basher by the way, I would have him in the team ahead of Eboue, I just don't think he is quite good enough technically.

digger

Post by digger »

franksav63 wrote:
Tom14 wrote:I think Eboue has quite a lot of footballing quality compared to some of our players. He is by no means Arshavin, but he can take players on better than Walcott.

Already sussed you pal..... It's RADFORD.......
Lack of talking in 3rd person, unlikely.

Song is a half-decent defensive midfielder. Better than he was 12 months ago, but still not good enough.

Denilson peaked 24 months ago. Not good to peak when you're 19 as it's a long way down.

Eboue... I don't hate him like I did, he's quite good as an impact sub/village idiot.