BLACKBURN THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
chyren1

Post by chyren1 »

aw wrote:

Should finish 6-2 :barscarf:

wow :shock: :lol:

great game...
cesc had one of those days where he was just untouchable...

nice to see theo on the scoresheet...

big fucking sam face was a picture at the end..

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

grreaat gameee and weeeell deserveed resullt.
who in the first half where thoes fans in blue and white striped tops, 5 in a row chearing every arsenal goal - i swear thats blackburns home kit!!

Exiled in Cornwall

Post by Exiled in Cornwall »

aw wrote:Cracking 1st half.

EXCELLENT ATTACKING :barscarf: :barscarf:

Woeful defending :banghead:

Rosicky, Fabregas, Arshavin, Rvp all playing well :barscarf:

Should finish 6-2 :barscarf:
Inspired!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Great to see Fab scoring a quality goal like he used to do all the time

Is it me or was Bendtner's goal neither a tap in or a header? Fuck me

Up the arse

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce:
"We haven't got what we deserve, but these things happen rather too regularly when you play the big clubs and it's another shout for technology. I'm not saying we would have won the game but we'd have had an opportunity to get level. It should've been a penalty and a red card maybe - that's maybe why the referee didn't give it. After that we capitulated and died."
wow he's a *word censored*

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Great result, Cesc was out of this world.

Diaby was absolute dogshit

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

What a wanker. I suppose that penalty would have made it 7-6 then would it, you fat, northern prick.

SamiS

Post by SamiS »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:What a wanker. I suppose that penalty would have made it 7-6 then would it, you fat, northern prick.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

It would have been 3-3 and who knows what would have happened. We rode our luck at the back, Dunn missed a great chance, they hit the post, a better or luckier team would have at least equalized. We were shocking at the back and Vermalen as a defender was dreadful but where the heck was everybody other then Gallas for their second goal? Really disappointing to see us back at bad habits

Attacking wise, we were awesome and lots of impressive players, can't complain about an attack when you score 6

aw

Post by aw »

Just seen Eboue's face at the end of the game. He looked like a man who knows his first team appearances are going to be limited. And Nasri is coming back soon :D

Monkeymaw

Post by Monkeymaw »

SamiS wrote:Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce:
"We haven't got what we deserve, but these things happen rather too regularly when you play the big clubs and it's another shout for technology. I'm not saying we would have won the game but we'd have had an opportunity to get level. It should've been a penalty and a red card maybe - that's maybe why the referee didn't give it. After that we capitulated and died."
wow he's a c**t
Secounded. The fella has no class.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Going forward brilliant,.Cesc magnificent.AA and Rosicky excellent.Some fantastic goals

Dodgy at the back.Their second goal was criminal Clichy was caught upfield and just gave up when it came to chasing back :banghead:

I fear Wenger will use their 1st goal as an excuse to bring back Almunia.Hope i'm wrong

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

Just got in. What a game. Going forward we were like the Arsenal of 2002-4, defending we were shocking. Dunn, yes Dunn, looked like he was going to score every time they attacked.

However I am revelling in some stunning goals. They were unbelievable and can't make my mind which was the best but I'm just gonna give it to Bendtner. What a strike under pressure, but tbf its only a % or 2 ahead of Cesc's and the others.

Now just need to get my voice back. :D

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Got in about half an hour ago - amazing game today, the Blackburn goals made it a bit more interesting and kept us on our toes until we took over towards the end of the first half.

Cesc was exceptional, back to his best. Some amazing passes & a cracking goal. How good was The Verminators goal too?! In fact all of our goals were class. We did look a bit susceptible to Fat Sam's anti-football long hoof at times, something we may need to work on a bit. Vito was very good again, thought he maybe could have done better for their 2nd goal but he made an outstanding save from a frankly top notch Olsson volley.

Oh yeah, amazing to see TH14 again! :barscarf:

And I have to give a mention to the couple in front of me who arrived on 65 mins ( :shock: ) and then left on 85 mins. £32.50 each well spent i'm sure :?

Overall very happy though. Just a shame the scousers couldnt force a draw at the bridge.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Great going forward...

Cesc had a 10/10 performance, whilst Rosicky looks fantastic considering how long he's been out! 8)

We looked dangerous with every attack, and 6 different goalscorers tells it's own story.

Defensively...

Shocking, as usual :roll: Over the summer, Wenger highlighted that our defensive record needed to improve, whilst pointing out that the 37 goals we conceded last season was the main reason we didn't win the league. Yet, this season we've already conceded 10 league goals in only 7 games! :? - you cannot expect to win trophies with such a slack, lazy defensive attitude, and it worries me that it keeps happening.

Anyway, great result! - and with Liverpool, Sp*rs and ManUre dropping points, it's been a pretty good weekend!! 8) :lol: