MACKEMS NEXT SAT

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
g88ner

Post by g88ner »

MM99 wrote: with all due respect, stop talking bollocks, for once lets stop blaming our own players and acknowledge we were beaten because the opposition were just better than us. its got nothing to do with wenger not getting the players fired up. just watching the match again and all i can see is the sunderland players pressuring is up the pitch and cesc spending more time in our half than the oppositions. especially in the second half, they didnt give us a chance, man to man marking, as soon as our player got the ball they were in quickly from behind tackling us. its got nothing to do with our players not being up for it, they simply had their tactics spot on.
I would have agreed with you MM99, but Wenger has just confirmed what donaldo said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 372433.stm

Not being focused or mentally prepared it just not on. I assumed we played like we did due to losing momentum, but if they weren't even fully focused then that's a disgrace. :evil:

That's a pretty strong interview by Wenger, so clearly he's pissed off with his players like of professionalism as he normally keeps any criticism away from the media.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

oh bollocks, fair enough then, cant say much else!

topgoon

Lorik Cana

Post by topgoon »

MM99 wrote:
donaldo wrote:The attitude of the team stank the Stadium of Light out.Not one Sunderland player would get in our team on ability but they beat us because they wanted it more.And that is all down to Wenger whose job it is to get the players up for games like these.We just didnt have the fight for a battle.

And when oh when are we going to start learning to defend set pieces?????
with all due respect, stop talking bollocks, for once lets stop blaming our own players and acknowledge we were beaten because the opposition were just better than us. its got nothing to do with wenger not getting the players fired up. just watching the match again and all i can see is the sunderland players pressuring us up the pitch and cesc spending more time in our half than the oppositions. especially in the second half, they didnt give us a chance, man to man marking, as soon as our player got the ball they were in quickly from behind tackling us. its got nothing to do with our players not being up for it, they simply had their tactics spot on.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before because I can't be arsed to read all the other posts but Lorik Cana had our midfield right in his back pocket. It was embarassing watching us squeal like little girls on the floor everytime he made a clean tackle and the ref allowed play to go on.

He's worth whatever Bruce paid for him, shame he didn't get that visa to play for us a few years ago.

MM99 is right they got it spot on with their tactics.

Feel a bit sory for Edu, he's obviously lacking in confidence. He needs a good game on Tuesday or we are going to get turned over big style againt those chav mercenaries next Sunday

I am officially donating my spunk to the RvP fund to get him back asap.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

MM99 wrote:oh bollocks, fair enough then, cant say much else!
And on Arsenal.com, Wenger is using Donaldo's exact words, by saying "in some way they wanted it more than us.â€

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

g88ner wrote:
MM99 wrote:oh bollocks, fair enough then, cant say much else!
And on Arsenal.com, Wenger is using Donaldo's exact words, by saying "in some way they wanted it more than us.â€

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

bad result, eddie and nasri really didnt look up for it today :(
arshavin was kept on lock, he was man marked as soon as he came on.
Chin up though, its the chavs next in the prem and I gotta a feeling we will win this one! :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Gooner Jim wrote:bad result, eddie and nasri really didnt look up for it today :(
arshavin was kept on lock, he was man marked as soon as he came on.
Chin up though, its the chavs next in the prem and I gotta a feeling we will win this one! :barscarf:
Erm Jim.......I'll have a think about that one and come back to you!!

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

well if wenger has now admitted that they wanted it more i think that says it all

not a premiership winning squad

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

I made my earlier comment that the players were not up for it an hour after watching the game in the pub.From the first 10mins you could see we just didnt fancy it.At least Wenger hasnt come out with the usual excuses injuries ,international break.There can be NO excuse for todays non-performance

Vlad III

Post by Vlad III »

What a shit day!

The team were poor, but what really pissed me off was the fans around me. As soon as the game kicked off the whole section sits down. I carry on standing up for the first 30 minutes until some northern monkey behind me tells me to sit down or he will speak to the stewards! Its fucking pathetic. I travel all that way to support my team and sing my heart out and there are *word censored* like that, that make no noise and just sit on their hands. By no means was everyone like this, but the section I was sitting in was a disgrace. I wish people like this would just stay home or go to the theatre. Very pissed off!

Wembley Gooner

Post by Wembley Gooner »

The team were poor, but what really pissed me off was the fans around me. As soon as the game kicked off the whole section sits down. I carry on standing up for the first 30 minutes until some northern monkey behind me tells me to sit down or he will speak to the stewards! Its fucking pathetic. I travel all that way to support my team and sing my heart out and there are c**ts like that, that make no noise and just sit on their hands. By no means was everyone like this, but the section I was sitting in was a disgrace. I wish people like this would just stay home or go to the theatre. Very pissed off!

thats a disgrace. i was there standin at the back. theres no place for sitting at away games, nothing makes me more pissed off the *word censored*

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

A major, major step backwards yesterday and a reality check for the deluded. That 2nd half performance was as insipid as anything that was produced last season, but given that Wenger did virtually nothing to fix the problems of last year I'm hardly surprised. The weaknesses of the team were laid bare once more

- a failure to defend set pieces properly. Since 2005/06 the team have had this fundamental weakness and he still hasn't spotted it

- failure to compete adequately in midfield. Alex Song may well have improved but is he really the long term answer - is he as good as Flamini, Diarra or Gilberto. No, and therefore I'm not sure how Wenger could claim progress in this area

- a lack of firepower in the absence of RvP and Bendtner. With a net transfer profit in the Summer of well over £20m was it really a wise move trying to nickle and dime Bordeaux over the odd million for Chamakh. With the Greedy One gone and RvP injured we are looking at Eduardo (a shadow of his pre-injury self), Vela (great if we're 3-0 up in the Beer Cup but always completely ineffective from the bench in bigger games) and then attacking midfielders who double up as strikers or kids

- a complete lack of anyone who can cross the ball properly. Sagna, Eboue, Clichy, Walcott and others have proved time and time again that we don't make good enough use of the ball from wide areas

From where I'm sitting this still looks like a side that will have lost 5 games by Christmas - well given that it is the same side that did last year + TV5 and minus the two greedy bastards should we really be that surprised.

WEWEREINVINCIBLE!

Post by WEWEREINVINCIBLE! »

Vlad III wrote:What a shit day!

The team were poor, but what really pissed me off was the fans around me. As soon as the game kicked off the whole section sits down. I carry on standing up for the first 30 minutes until some northern monkey behind me tells me to sit down or he will speak to the stewards! Its fucking pathetic. I travel all that way to support my team and sing my heart out and there are c**ts like that, that make no noise and just sit on their hands. By no means was everyone like this, but the section I was sitting in was a disgrace. I wish people like this would just stay home or go to the theatre. Very pissed off!
was sat in front row and as soon as game started stewards in blue telling us to sit down. when the chants of stand if yu hate tottenham/ for the arsenal they werre dragging peple out. i was threatened with ejection for giving a v sign to there fans. i hear some gooners complained to police and the police told the stewards to calm down cos they were causing alot of anger amongst our fans. :banghead:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Vlad III wrote:What a shit day!

Thats pathetic. Away fans shouldn't be like that, let alone arsenal away fans :barscarf: tell the *word censored* to stay at home instead of travelling 300 miles to sit down and watch a shit performance. To be honest though our vocal support sounded great when I watched it on the internet 8)

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

StokeyGooner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:song did well but trouble is hes not he essien/viera/fletcher even we need. someone box to box who can win the ball back all over and bomb forward with it.quote]

I thought Song did do that today. In fact he did it more than i've seen before and certainly did more than Rosicky and Nasri who were both crap in the 2nd half!

And Darren Fletcher? Song is already twice the player he is, and is still improving every week.

Surely you jest, watched darren fletcher live yesterday, he is quality and also scored a quality volley, do you really think that an average player is the main midfield man in one of the best club teams in the world. :roll: :? :wink:

edit: fek knows where that big text came from :shock: