Fabianski "setback"

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Fabianski "setback"

Post by LDB »

Shezzers to remain in goal until at least after the ipswich game :barscarf:

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

good stuff,but why cant AW just admit he's dropped someone cos they're not good enough/someone better.
i dont buy this convenient injury b*llshit,was the same with average al

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Finally, let's hope he don't blow this chance.

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

merse_10 wrote:good stuff,but why cant AW just admit he's dropped someone cos they're not good enough/someone better.
I think this injury is real, i dont think he'd risk having James Shea as back-up keeper just to save face over dropping fabianski. Besides, he hadnt done anything that Wenger was likely to drop him for, especially when its taken him this long to get any sort of tune out of the fucker.

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

LDB wrote:
merse_10 wrote:good stuff,but why cant AW just admit he's dropped someone cos they're not good enough/someone better.
I think this injury is real, i dont think he'd risk having James Shea as back-up keeper just to save face over dropping fabianski. Besides, he hadnt done anything that Wenger was likely to drop him for, especially when its taken him this long to get any sort of tune out of the fucker.
I agree, but.....

I do think the game against ManU he was dropped or at least dropped himselve. We all know he's not a 'big game' player.
Still he was back not long after.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Due to the unusual and lengthy injuries that our players seem to incur,we should maybe change our name to Metatarsenal! :banghead:

AFCWozza

Post by AFCWozza »

I dont understand how people can say that Chesney deserves to be number 1 ahead of a very consistant, and much much improved Fabianski. He has the second best shots to saves ratio behind Cech and has won us major points this season, he breeds confidence lately.

Chesney will be a very good keeper, he is young, he cant kick a ball to save his life, he often does not command his defence when they recieve the ball at feet running towards there own goal, like Fabianski has the tendancy to flap at crosses but does make world class saves.

Fabianski's distribution is second to none, his accuracy of throws and kicks is immense, i can remember countless occasions this season where Fab's distribution has put us on a sparkling counter attack.

No the bloke is not a world beater, but yes he i becoming very consistant, making BIG saves at BIG times in games. He can be accused of not being a big game player but i seem to remember him making at least 3 great saves at Stamford Bridge!

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

AFCWozza wrote:I dont understand how people can say that Chesney deserves to be number 1 ahead of a very consistant, and much much improved Fabianski. He has the second best shots to saves ratio behind Cech and has won us major points this season, he breeds confidence lately.

Chesney will be a very good keeper, he is young, he cant kick a ball to save his life, he often does not command his defence when they recieve the ball at feet running towards there own goal, like Fabianski has the tendancy to flap at crosses but does make world class saves.

Fabianski's distribution is second to none, his accuracy of throws and kicks is immense, i can remember countless occasions this season where Fab's distribution has put us on a sparkling counter attack.

No the bloke is not a world beater, but yes he i becoming very consistant, making BIG saves at BIG times in games. He can be accused of not being a big game player but i seem to remember him making at least 3 great saves at Stamford Bridge!
:banghead:

merse_10

Post by merse_10 »

AFCWozza wrote:I dont understand how people can say that Chesney deserves to be number 1 ahead of a very consistant, and much much improved Fabianski. He has the second best shots to saves ratio behind Cech and has won us major points this season, he breeds confidence lately.

Fabianski's distribution is second to none, his accuracy of throws and kicks is immense, i can remember countless occasions this season where Fab's distribution has put us on a sparkling counter attack.No the bloke is not a world beater, but yes he i becoming very consistant, making BIG saves at BIG times in games. He can be accused of not being a big game player but i seem to remember him making at least 3 great saves at Stamford Bridge!
fuck me those are some big statements to back up!!

disagree totally with most of them if not all

if chesney is gonna become the great keeper we all hope then he's gonna need games and fast so why not now? if not then theres no excuse for not getting a top keeper in. imo

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

Go on Shezza, show how good you really are

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Fabianski has lost plenty of points regardless of if he has improved or not, fact is he got another chance through Wenger being too tight so we owe him nothing and he still doesn't inspire confidence.

He is a goalkeeper, he deserves no special praise for making saves, that's the minimum requirement.

I think its more a case of too little, too late.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

AFCWozza wrote: Fabianski's distribution is second to none, his accuracy of throws and kicks is immense, i can remember countless occasions this season where Fab's distribution has put us on a sparkling counter attack.
just had to log in to say, what aload of shite.

goodbye.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

What a load of bollox.I dont care if he throws a ball 100yards and kicks it to Australia,I want my keeper to catch crosses make great saves and command his box.Thats what Szczesny does.Flappy cost us recent goals v Newcastle Chelsea and Wigan.He is a mistake waiting to happen.

AFCWozza

Post by AFCWozza »

merse_10 wrote:

Fabianski's distribution is second to none, his accuracy of throws and kicks is immense, i can remember countless occasions this season where Fab's distribution has put us on a sparkling counter attack.No the bloke is not a world beater, but yes he i becoming very consistant, making BIG saves at BIG times in games. He can be accused of not being a big game player but i seem to remember him making at least 3 great saves at Stamford Bridge!
fuck me those are some big statements to back up!!

disagree totally with most of them if not all

if chesney is gonna become the great keeper we all hope then he's gonna need games and fast so why not now? if not then theres no excuse for not getting a top keeper in. imo
Had a run of games after displacing Almunia and was consistant. Made match winning saves against City, 2 strikes from David Silva, a point blank header from Adebayor and a cracking strike from Kompany. Wolves away, made at least 3 SUPERB saves and won us 3 points. Birmingham away on new years day, Superb throw out to Samir Nasri which set us on the counter attack to a near perfect goal, there are many more occasions.

Dont get me wrong, i love Chesney as a keeper, i think there is alot of room for improvement, and he could be formidable. BUT i feel more confident with Lukasz in goal at the moment, but its all about personal opinion. If you watch Chesney's distribution and kicking at Leeds you will understand what i am trying to explain.

Fingers crossed he wont even get a touch :lol:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

fabianski is worse at kicking than chesney. fairly obvious to most i would say.

fabianski kicks like a fly half kicking into touch whenever he gets the ball.