Whoops...

It's all a load of Cannonballs in here! This is the virtual Arsenal pub where you can chat about anything except football. Be warned though, like any pub, the content may not always be suitable for everyone.
MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Keys would have got away with it on TalkSport.....so hopefully that's where he will end up!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

We all know they were wrong and there's no way it was banter. Thing is don't see how an apology would wash because obviously they feel that women shoudn't be involved with men's footie.

To be fair I like Gray's analysis of games and it'd be a shame if he went but Keys would not be a loss.

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Although I think it would be harsh, don't mind United and fergie worshipping Keys getting the sack. But I would miss Andy Gray. In my opinion still the best analyst and reader of how a game is developing that there is on tv. 8)

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

I bet Keys and Gray are really worried now. John Gaunt has been defending them all day on Five Live! :shock:

BT

Post by BT »

flash gunner wrote:To be fair what they said was nothing at all but if it gets them sacked i wont be protesting against the decision :lol:
Disagree flash. Regardless of what people think of women's football (personally i don't watch it) or women supporters (a few are idiots just like with male supporters), there is nothing about that woman's gender that affects her being able to know the offside rule. Its just discrimination. Imagine the outrage if they'd said a linesman couldnt do the job because he was black. Its the same principle. And on a wider scale, it shows what dinosaurs the most well paid people in football broadcasting are.

*cue 'Time of the Month' responses*

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

BT wrote:
flash gunner wrote:To be fair what they said was nothing at all but if it gets them sacked i wont be protesting against the decision :lol:
Disagree flash. Regardless of what people think of women's football (personally i don't watch it) or women supporters (a few are idiots just like with male supporters), there is nothing about that woman's gender that affects her being able to know the offside rule. Its just discrimination. Imagine the outrage if they'd said a linesman couldnt do the job because he was black. Its the same principle. And on a wider scale, it shows what dinosaurs the most well paid people in football broadcasting are.

http://www.thekitchin.com/kitchin/home

8) :barscarf:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

not the first time keys has been caught out. i remember him getting stick when there was a faroe islands v scotland game and when he thought the mic was off he said "stupid game, silly stadium, fuck off" (i believe that clip is on youtube if you search for "richard keys swears"). He does come across as an utter prick tbh, seems to think he is important and not just some bloke who introduces football on tele, he could be replaced at the drop of a hat but seems to be arrogant beyond belief

Dont mind Gray as much, but he is an irritating prick anarl- he's got a cheek saying about someone not understanding the offside rule, he is constantly saying how complicated it is

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

safcftm wrote:not the first time keys has been caught out. i remember him getting stick when there was a faroe islands v scotland game and when he thought the mic was off he said "stupid game, silly stadium, fuck off" (i believe that clip is on youtube if you search for "richard keys swears"). He does come across as an utter prick tbh, seems to think he is important and not just some bloke who introduces football on tele, he could be replaced at the drop of a hat but seems to be arrogant beyond belief
Was slagging off Walcott during the Barca away game last season too when he thought his mic was off :awnker:

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

safcftm wrote:not the first time keys has been caught out. i remember him getting stick when there was a faroe islands v scotland game and when he thought the mic was off he said "stupid game, silly stadium, fuck off" (i believe that clip is on youtube if you search for "richard keys swears"). He does come across as an utter prick tbh, seems to think he is important and not just some bloke who introduces football on tele, he could be replaced at the drop of a hat but seems to be arrogant beyond belief

Dont mind Gray as much, but he is an irritating prick anarl- he's got a cheek saying about someone not understanding the offside rule, he is constantly saying how complicated it is
That's the 2nd time you've used that, what's its meaning?

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Boomer wrote:

That's the 2nd time you've used that, what's its meaning?
even, too, also

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

BT wrote:

Or if it had been a gay linesman and the duo said something like 'oh he'd be too busy looking at and fantasising over the players legs and bodies to concentrate on offside decisions.' :gayflag: :gayflag: :oops: :wink:

By the way BT, it's the 24th January. :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

What is the point of them apologizing, it is a forced apology because they were caught. I would be happy to see the back of both of them. Gray is good but his love affair with Man U and Stevie G are tedious at this stage. Like all pundits he pays false respect to Arsenal and Arsene but uses every opportunity to disrespect them . Remember his childish chuckling when Peter Reid brought up the tired cliche about "Arsene Wenger wanting to take tackling out of the game " Big Sam and Keyes also joined in.
Keyes is a different matter, he is useless, he has nothing to offer , he is a smug xenophobic prick. Jeff Stelling at least has a personality.
Sky are as bad. I recently contacted them to complain about a racist comment made by Micheal Owen on Soccer AM. They replied and patronised me by pointing out that "the content of the show is lighthearted "
I e-mailed back saying that if a stereotypical joke about being Irish is acceptable to Sky, then all are fair game, like coloured footballers, Asian footballers or Gay footballers.. Their next reply was to tell me to basically leave it so.

Basil is a Gooner

Post by Basil is a Gooner »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nters.html

They've been suspended!

I do watch womens football and can honestly say they play a good fair game with definately NO handbags!

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Load of PC bollocks as usual.

Mind you neither painted themselves well, Gray actually was caught TWICE off camera Saturday, saying stuff about her! Pre match as well.

They need to keep Gray because, while he aint everyones cup of tea, the fact is he is the best pundit/commentator on Sky by a long way.
Unless the rest want to watch their new commentator Big Sam, Jamie Redknapp, Wilkins, Hoddle etc. Basically aload of *****.

Keys on the other hand is a *word censored*.

kg1794

Post by kg1794 »

they can all fuck off as far as I'm concerned, especially Andy 'Barcelona couldn't beat Stoke at the Britannia' Gray.