Get those flags and voices out!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner89

Get those flags and voices out!

Post by Gooner89 »

I just got back to Bristol following the Watford game, a fantastic game it was too, a wonderful win and some wonderful football. it was worth turning up an hour early. and being able to walk around the ground in relative peace and talk to a few fans. Godo memories too, giving Arsene a cheer, allowing a kid to go in front of me to buy some food :)

What gets my gripe is not the absurd prices of food, people at the food stands who can't seem to understand english. The fact im forced to leave early because dad has work and i have A-Levels to study for ( If you can see my point. ) But how despite all our encouragement and pushing, there are fans who still can't be bothered to make the most of of the benefits of support The Grove.

Now i am not bashing every single fan in the ground here. When i first saw the grey sideboards, i was saddened because it makes the stadium look bare, and billboards would have been nice, however when i heard people could drape flags over it, i was ecstatic, snd my only regret is that im seated in Row 6 and so i can't use my FA Cup 98 flag :( But after 2 months into the new seasn, there are barely 20 flags hanging over the sides! This is pathetic, if people don't have any thats understandable, but please make the most of our supporting chances! This is not some sunday pub team! 60,000 seats and barely a fraction are taking advantage of it. People, please please get your flags out and use them! What more can the club ask for except to shout in your face i fear. Coem to this club and show more then just your prescence. Show you love the Arsenal! I'd loan my flag to a supporter if i have to.

Sadly the Support was really stop/Start today, it was on in patches, and it was left to poor old REDaction to try to rouse the fans. sadly i could nto hear the lyrics to some fo thier songs, but i was shouting out as often as i could. I was standing up when i could. and trying to at least get behind the team. And as i said, im not bashing everyone in the stand, this season i have seen some really dedicated supporters who shout whenever they can, however not many people seem interested in picking up on this. We all need to be one voice, all the time, people, we really must wake up and show this stadium has 60,000 in it. One fan i must mention here, who was probably the bravest of all of us. He stood up and shouted to us all

What do you think of Tottenham? We replied...
Shit! He then went onto to say...
What do you think of shit? We replied....
Tottenham!

The guy then thanked us and sat down, why can we all do something like that? We all responded to that with heart too. we need mroe fans like that. There is nothing like coming back down the M4 with your vocal chords hurting all because you get behnd the tea. please, we really must be more vocal, and in 2 weeks when we are next at home. i hope to see chants rippling around the stadium all the time. I like to stand up and hope everyone follows, but lets all get some variety, and show the team we love them and we are behind them. You only live once.

NB: If somone tells me how i will e-mail this off to the online gooner and see if it gets published.

N16 Gooner

Post by N16 Gooner »