Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

Bergkamp-Genius wrote:Eto'o would be an exciting signing, no doubt... but i think of all the players we have been connected with so far on this thread he's probably the most unlikely to sign for us...
I would guess he's on somewhere between 120 -150k a week and i can't see Wenger even pretending to be interested in a player on that kind of money...
Also we've had opportunities to try and sign him before when he was on much less money and at his peak and we made no attempt, why would we do it now when his game is on the wane and his wage packet is bursting at the seams..
If he's coming to England it'll be Chelski, United or Citeh he goes to, they are the only ones that will pay his wages...
Unfortunately very true...

I can just wish he stays in Italy because I wouldn't want him to be in any of our opponents teams...

FrenchGun

Post by FrenchGun »

rodders999 wrote:Just saw that the Barca president said that they are only prepared to pay 40 million euros for Cesc, same offer as last year because as it's a year on there has been "wear and tear" to the player.

Fucking hell you'd swear they were buying a second hand Ford Cortina the fucking classless c**ts.

Fucking gutter club.
With all the rumours going, we should believe Fab wants out since last year, so the Barca whores must think they have the upper hand on the case. In all fairness, they're acting in the same way we do when we buy players... I think Wenger is getting a little taste of his own medecine on the Fabregas case.
Funny that he still purchased two kids from "La Masia" not so long ago...

augie

Post by augie »

Is it a safe assumption to make in assuming that if we have made no move at this stage for players that everybody knows are available then we probably will not be doing so at all ? The player I am thinking about is scott parker who in my opinion would be a major upgrade on song (not hard I know) and if we were interested then shouldnt we be making a move now before it turns into a free for all auction that we have no hope of winning :roll:

thearsenal

Post by thearsenal »

so no official news on gervinho and sambe?

gonnernico04

Post by gonnernico04 »

From Sky Sports Transfer clockwatch

Sky Bet: We've seen money for Joey Barton to join Arsenal and have consequently cut his price to 1/2. There's also been big money for Joe Cole to join Tottenham at short odds. See our Transfer Specials here.

Thoughts?

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

If anyone thought the Defoe link was bad then....
Skybet: We've seen money for Joey Barton to join Arsenal and have consequently cut his price to 1/2.
Last edited by Boomer on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

gonnernico04 wrote:From Sky Sports Transfer clockwatch

Sky Bet: We've seen money for Joey Barton to join Arsenal and have consequently cut his price to 1/2. There's also been big money for Joe Cole to join Tottenham at short odds. See our Transfer Specials here.

Thoughts?
heard this too. Odds slashed in the last few hours to nothing.

The guy is a *word censored* , but a *word censored* that would be fucking great for us. All he wants is a long term contract he isnt there for the money. On Talkshite he said i want to move but only to a club playing in the CL

Would have him over Song any day.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

I would have Barton, Song is shit so he would be welcome, yes he's a *word censored* but if he's our *word censored* then that's alright, why? Because we need a thug in our side, what is Arsenal famous for now? Having a soft centre, having a *word censored* like him would soon send out a message to plastic harden like Fletcher and Neville that you can't just kick us off the park.

Samba and Barton would certainly toughen us up, we don't need anymore total football wimps, we need some men who are prepared to be ugly, Barton is also a better player then he is given credit for.

An Arsenal team that plays good football but with a back bone and a nasty streak would be untouchable.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

Gunnersaurus wrote:I would have Barton, Song is shit so he would be welcome, yes he's a c**t but if he's our c**t then that's alright, why? Because we need a thug in our side, what is Arsenal famous for now? Having a soft centre, having a c**t like him would soon send out a message to plastic harden like Fletcher and Neville that you can't just kick us off the park.

Samba and Barton would certainly toughen us up, we don't need anymore total football wimps, we need some men who are prepared to be ugly, Barton is also a better player then he is given credit for.

An Arsenal team that plays good football but with a back bone and a nasty streak would be untouchable.

I heard him talk on talkshite and the guy just wants to play his football and have a secure contract. Its not about the football and I feel he is underrated due to him being such a *word censored*.

Natural leader too and from the middle of the pitch would be ideal

augie

Post by augie »

Joey fcuking barton ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you fcuking kidding me ?? There is no way I would want that scouse knacker scumbag bastard anywhere near our club :evil: :evil: :evil: I would rather have ferguscum/redkrapp/fat sam managing our club :roll:

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:I would have Barton, Song is shit so he would be welcome, yes he's a c**t but if he's our c**t then that's alright, why? Because we need a thug in our side, what is Arsenal famous for now? Having a soft centre, having a c**t like him would soon send out a message to plastic harden like Fletcher and Neville that you can't just kick us off the park.

I heard him talk on talkshite and the guy just wants to play his football and have a secure contract. Its not about the football and I feel he is underrated due to him being such a c**t.

Natural leader too and from the middle of the pitch would be ideal
It would never happen, Wenger wouldn't be able to control him.

He would certainly dish out a bollocking to the fragile flowers.

mikeyb772001

Post by mikeyb772001 »

augie wrote:Joey fcuking barton ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you fcuking kidding me ?? There is no way I would want that scouse knacker scumbag bastard anywhere near our club :evil: :evil: :evil: I would rather have ferguscum/redkrapp/fat sam managing our club :roll:
Why though mate? He is better than Song, he is a nasty *word censored*, a leader, can protect the defence , break up play and has more passion of the game than all of our squad apart from Jack

I hate the *word censored* yes, but for certain he would do a job with us

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Did you seriously say 'do a job'?

Quick Mikey, edit it :lol:

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I know many on here don't hold Song in much high regard but I disagree with you all and for that reason alone I am right and you are wrong.

8)

As for Barton, I cannot see this happening and I would take it as an insult if the club did sign this little fuckbag!

:evil:

augie

Post by augie »

mikeyb772001 wrote:
augie wrote:Joey fcuking barton ?? :shock: :shock: :shock: Are you fcuking kidding me ?? There is no way I would want that scouse knacker scumbag bastard anywhere near our club :evil: :evil: :evil: I would rather have ferguscum/redkrapp/fat sam managing our club :roll:
Why though mate? He is better than Song, he is a nasty c**t, a leader, can protect the defence , break up play and has more passion of the game than all of our squad apart from Jack

I hate the c**t yes, but for certain he would do a job with us

Firstly he is a knacker scumbag scouse *word censored* that will spend more time suspended or in jail than he will on the pitch :roll: . Secondly he aint no leader and is far too ill disciplined to ever be a leader. Lastly he is nowhere near enough defensive minded to sit in front of our defence as he see's himself as a creator. By the way did I mention that he is a scumbag *word censored* ? :evil: