I got offered a season ticket but...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

I got into the lower tier. :barscarf:

Upper Tier at The Emirates is without doubt the worst atmosphere of any ground I've been to (apart from New Wembley). Full of toffs, unfurling packed lunches at half-time. My constant swearing and cursing at the team last season saw me labelled as a tourettes sufferer by one prick. Had to move to lower for my own sanity. The place is like a library.

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

If you dont take up a season ticket offer, are u just shoved to end of list or removed from the list altogether ?

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Mr FINSBURY PARK GOONER wrote:Buy! Buy! Buy!

You know you want too.

I wonder how much season tickets have been given up..i would love to know.
Judging by MIG's post he was 5,000 (and something :wink:) so use that as a bench mark.

It was 5,000 last year but I'd guess with the increase it could be more.

Post by 1886 »

frankbutcher wrote:I got into the lower tier. :barscarf:

Upper Tier at The Emirates is without doubt the worst atmosphere of any ground I've been to (apart from New Wembley). Full of toffs, unfurling packed lunches at half-time. My constant swearing and cursing at the team last season saw me labelled as a tourettes sufferer by one prick. Had to move to lower for my own sanity. The place is like a library.
Couldn't agree more, not to mention that you pay extra to sit with these people (of course, not everyone in the upper tier is the same but we all know which type of person is the majority) I could only take up a season ticket if it was lower tier.

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

I should be thankful they got me in block 6 last season. Sounds like you have no chance now.

Most people in that block rent out if they dont renew

gooner9349

Re: I got offered a season ticket but...

Post by gooner9349 »

merson_is_god wrote:it was for behind the goal for £1300 or £1100 for the back ten rows :x Phoned the club and they said the wait if you go to the bottom of the list now is approximately 8-10 years!
I got told the same. I've waited since Oct 2004 for one so wasn't going to pass on the chance to get one. In the end I had a chat with a very helpful booking girl and got one in Block 7, row 17 for £970. She was quite helpful all told, finding me the best price for the best area etc

She also said you could defer for a year if finances were tight but it would be down to her manager who had the final say so you needed a good sob story.

Apparently around 6000 tickets were available this year though if you were only after a single it's easier to pick your spot

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

gooner9349 wrote:
merson_is_god wrote:it was for behind the goal for £1300 or £1100 for the back ten rows :x Phoned the club and they said the wait if you go to the bottom of the list now is approximately 8-10 years!
I got told the same. I've waited since Oct 2004 for one so wasn't going to pass on the chance to get one. In the end I had a chat with a very helpful booking girl and got one in Block 7, row 17 for £970. She was quite helpful all told, finding me the best price for the best area etc

She also said you could defer for a year if finances were tight but it would be down to her manager who had the final say so you needed a good sob story.

Apparently around 6000 tickets were available this year though if you were only after a single it's easier to pick your spot
Cheers mate! :barscarf:

merson_is_god

Post by merson_is_god »

gooner9349 wrote:

Cheers mate! :barscarf:

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I got the e mail today and I was about 5,400 in the queue last season.
We are limited in what we have to offer and advise you that the majority of available seating is situated in the goal upper area, priced at £1,395 or £1,150 for the back ten rows.

If you are a current Silver member you will be required to relinquish your membership, and receive a full refund. In addition, we must point out that this is an automated process therefore if you are unable to take up the offer of a season ticket; unfortunately your waiting list position will automatically expire.
I have until 13th July "to register my interest". There is nothing about deferring for a year. My application is joint with Chippy Jnr so I have a week to raise £2,500 just as I have spent a bloody fortune on our summer hols and if I don't I go to the back of the queue! Great way to treat loyal "customers" Arsenal.

They must be going through the list like a dose of salts so I don't believe the 10 yr bullshit.

Purdey

Post by Purdey »

Chippy wrote: if you are unable to take up the offer of a season ticket; unfortunately your waiting list position will automatically expire.
This has Ghasted my Flabber.

Very proudly year on year I have watched my position climb on the waiting list. The fee we paid to be included on the waiting listed was a present from my lovely wife whilst she was pregnant with our first child. 6 years later and we have two girls the oldest who is a junior gunner that ponders our goal keeping issue's, ahhh bless.

To be presented with this ultimatum, basically pay up or try your luck down the Lane, is so not acceptable and not the behaviour becoming of a club steeped in heritage and integral to the community.

I have been a supporter since the day I cried as a child when we lost the FA Cup to the Hammers, that was the moment I knew I was a Gooner.

I spent my teen age years sweeping the terraces and cleaning the toilets at Highbury so I could watch games and get my burger and bovril. Now at 42 (with a frigging decent job in the city for which I am very thankful) to be held to ransom for a 'bag of sand' with an immediate deadline and no option of a deferral has left me reeling for the last hour on what to do.

Like many other family house holds we just do not have that kind of dosh knocking around. The option of an interest free credit card I have pondered but we have agreed at home to reduce our commitments which in these times is the responsible thing to do.

Putting aside all the debates concerning squad investment and season ticket increases I have to really weigh this up. I pay circa £500 a year so I can watch my beloved team on Sky. And now I have a gun held to my head to pay £1100 or jog on to the bottom of the queue or perhaps be struck off the waiting list (not sure how it works) I think this whole process/approach stinks.

My decision, I am going to check my consumer rights this weekend with regards to the season ticket waiting list. I am probably going to cancel my red level membership and if I have a few quid spare to spend on match day I will go to a commercial ticket broker and sit in with the prawn sandwich munching Japanese & American tourists and fill the air with the most colourful English they have heard.

Sorry to waffle but really had to express how I feel on this matter and the fact that the commercial side of our club has totally lost touch with the fans.

:banghead:

Robsy

Post by Robsy »

frankbutcher wrote:Upper Tier at The Emirates is without doubt the worst atmosphere of any ground I've been to (apart from New Wembley). Full of toffs, unfurling packed lunches at half-time. My constant swearing and cursing at the team last season saw me labelled as a tourettes sufferer by one prick. Had to move to lower for my own sanity. The place is like a library.
I sit Upper and we have five rows of people who shourt, swear and start songs. Last year we started plenty that went round the whole stadium before the red section joined in.

everyone knows each other, there are plenty of fellas from Highbury days and a good atmosphere at most games.

To label the entire Upper as shit is bollocks. Maybe where you sat was shit, but behind the goal at the back has plenty of great fans, who don't arrive late or fuck off early.

CraigPollard

Post by CraigPollard »

My brother and I received the same offer this season and we were numbers 7001 & 7002 respectively last season.
Financially, it couldnt have come at a worse time and i have asked Arsenal if we can defer for a season (for this and other reasons). Just waiting on a response......